Going to be a challenging weekend for the Florida Based ships I think...

3 minutes ago, Chloesimon said:

I live in Naples. The weather is cloudy, no wind, and intermittent rain --- sometimes a light drizzle and then a break and then heavier rain when the squall comes through (every hour or two). Nothing to worry about. Sunday is supposed to be mostly sunny. This is not a hurricane.

Same weather we are having on Harmony, coming up from the southwest into the Bahamas.  No wind, light to no rain, cloudy, very..very humid.  At least so far anyway.  No worries.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Not exactly a lot of touristy type things to do in south Florida today though. Unless you're into street swimming.

You've got that right.  Although back in NH for the summer, we certainly are entertained in FLL when there is just a half hour shower and the street pond-up in the usual places.  There really were not that many showers at all from November to April.  

The day walkers and joggers have to pay particular attention to not only the ponding areas but to the runoff lanes at the edge of the road that are meandering towards the storm drains that are working.  One car or truck after another will really give an incredible dousing.  😉

Back to the drivers, especially the low to the ground ones, that creep up slowly to the water hazard and watch as full size SUV's and trucks barely trod through the water.  Then they make their risky attempt.  Once one gets stuck, they can't open the door, need help getting out a window (not all fit 😅) and the whole street is backed up.

Should be bad today.  Reports are 4-6" yesterday and 6-9" potential overnight.  None of the PTZ cams working to take a peek.

45 minutes ago, Chloesimon said:

I live in Naples. The weather is cloudy, no wind, and intermittent rain --- sometimes a light drizzle and then a break and then heavier rain when the squall comes through (every hour or two). Nothing to worry about. Sunday is supposed to be mostly sunny. This is not a hurricane.

Exactly the same here in PSL

57 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Exactly the same here in PSL

So far, it’s mostly overcast here with less than 1/4 inch of rain in our rain gauge.  We do have a lovely breeze, nothing out of the ordinary, just nice for an afternoon walk!

23 hours ago, sandebeach said:

Overcast grey skies and rain in Ft. Lauderdale. We just left the condo to do a family weekend in Tampa area, on Alligator Alley and it is raining. Hope that once we get over to Naples and then head North, that weather will improve. 

It is so weird seeing Alligator alley as more than a narrow 2 lane road.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pstone1 said:

So far, it’s mostly overcast here with less than 1/4 inch of rain in our rain gauge.  We do have a lovely breeze, nothing out of the ordinary, just nice for an afternoon walk!

Ugh. Sorry to hear you aren’t getting the needed rain.  We certainly haven’t gotten enough but we did, at least, get some.

16 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Ya, thats like changing from whip cream to sour cream in my opinion.

I'm surprised they're not offering OBC for the change.

I had a 6 night CA/NE cruise on Adventure scheduled for May 2020.  After Canada closed down, it was changed to Bermuda, and they offered cancel for refund, 125% FCC, or $250 ($450 for suites) refundable OBC if you kept the booking.  I took the stay for $250 OBC option.

The cruise was obviously cancelled and I took the 125% FCC option.  AND they still gave us $250 OBC to use on a future sailing.  🙂

Edited by Another_Critic

4 hours ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Ya, thats like changing from whip cream to sour cream in my opinion.

In 2005 our daughter got married in Bermuda while on Celebrity Zenith. The Royal ship that sailed from NY the day before we did went to Canada to avoid a Bermuda storm & had a couple on board that were to be married in Bermuda, but couldn’t because they didn’t have a license for Canada

9 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Ugh. Sorry to hear you aren’t getting the needed rain.  We certainly haven’t gotten enough but we did, at least, get some.

Thanks!  We ended up with almost an inch and we’re grateful for that!

• Like 1

Harmony has arrived in PC this morning...on time, clear skies!

A bit bumpy early last night...but not bad.  Lots of howling wind noise, and decks closed.  

All normal again.  🙂  Except I have to get off the ship again.  😞 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, sunonfire said:

The Independence was supposed to go to CocoCay today. She is docked at Nassau. She is there with the Freedom of the Seas, Carnival Sunrise and Norwegian Sky. 

was there damage at CocoCay?

most likely a lot of wind.   Indy a bit skittish about docking.

I was on the Anthem last November and our ship docked but indy arrived an hour before and saw the wind and gave up.  If the ship had just hung around for an hour or so the conditions would have improvied.

Our stay in Bermuda on Mariner was cut short so Captain Tobias could sail a safer but longer path back to Port Canaveral. We did go through high winds and rough seas for awhile, but I can imagine it could have been far worse. My sister was very disappointed about the reduced Bermuda visit. I heard several passengers say they would have just preferred to ride out the storm in Bermuda.Had we done that, however, we might have returned to Port Canaveral a day or two late. 

I heard a rumor that Mariner may offer this same Bermuda cruise next year, so my sister is hoping we will take it and have better luck next year.