Going to be a challenging weekend for the Florida Based ships I think...

Looks like former Pacific Storm Agatha (will be called Alex in Atlantic basin) is going to be blowing through just in time for boarding on Saturday and Sunday. Get your sea legs ready for a little bouncy ride 🙂

I personally like it when we have some bumpy seas (reminds me that we really are at sea). Would prefer to encounter weather issues at sea as opposed to at debarkation/embarkation. As if the crew did not have enough to worry about now they get to load in adverse conditions as well... 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, onefishtwofish said:

South Floridian here - hoping the forecasters are not correct (as they often are not) and doesn't develop much.......sailing out of Port Canaveral for the first time on Friday for a quick weekender....hoping we will be north of most of it and we can move around it but any day on a ship on vacation is better than a day not on vacation!  Positive vibes!! 😊

Please change your font 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Another_Critic said:

Please change your device.  😜

Looks fine on a PC in Chrome. 

Unreadable on an android phone. Well documented problem. 

Honestly no idea why anyone needs this cutsey font. Just annoying. 

FWIW, didn't even try and read it. Just skipped over

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Please change your device.  😜

Looks fine on a PC in Chrome. 

Very constructive post. 

This font is a problem for anyone on a mobile device (the vast majority of users here) 

I am just trying to help the poster get their message out. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

46 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm on a android tablet. Light blue scratching. I peered at it and gave up. 

Storms moving into dallas, idk what florida will get by this weekend. Too far ahead. Hope its bright and sunny. Hurricanes stay away. My condo is there in harm's way. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We are arriving back from Mariner Sunday. You think there will be problems getting in?  And we are heading back out that same day for another eight night cruise. 

m

We'll be on Mariner on Sunday as well.  Looks like the weather Sunday will be just partly cloudy but driving on Saturday on I 95 may not be fun in the rain. 

6 hours ago, onefishtwofish said:

South Floridian here - hoping the forecasters are not correct (as they often are not) and doesn't develop much.......sailing out of Port Canaveral for the first time on Friday for a quick weekender....hoping we will be north of most of it and we can move around it but any day on a ship on vacation is better than a day not on vacation!  Positive vibes!! 😊

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Completely agree. And I didn't even try to read it either.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Completely agree. And I didn't even try to read it either.

One of the most prolific posters on CC uses it and refuses to change. Luckily they don't sail Royal. 😉

Could you imagine if Bob used it back in the day. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

We fly in on Sunday to sail out on Monday. Freedom of the Seas out of Miami.
Getting nervous.  

Traveling with my daughter who has had the worst luck with cruises. Since 2018:

April 2018: Entire family, including me. Ship was delayed several hours due to a false alarm. A sniffer dog smelled contraband that wasn’t there. 

August-September 2019: With her husband. 7-night Eastern Caribbean cruise turned into an 11-night Western Caribbean due to Hurricane Dorian. 

March 2020: With husband’s family. Their Carnival cruise was one of the first to cancel due to Covid.  That has not been rescheduled. 

June 2021: With her daughter and me. Our Coco Cay cruise was one of the last to be canceled due to Covid. 

June 2022:  Five more days until we cruise. Assuming this storm doesn’t get in the way. And we have to pass our Covid tests. 

• Like 1

2PZKI40E_bigger.jpg

Tropical Video Update: Remnants of Agatha becoming TS Alex in the days ahead. Mariner of the Seas will be leaving Bermuda early to allow time for storm avoidance. We will have a better idea of what we have this weekend in the next 24 hours for everyone else.

2PZKI40E_bigger.jpg

PM Tropics Update for in bound Guests this Friday/Weekend regarding developing storm. Models coming together better this evening, and it is possible we see Port closures on Saturday. They are NOT currently, but given the new data, I am anticipating it’s possible.

48 minutes ago, LadyBeBop said:

We fly in on Sunday to sail out on Monday. Freedom of the Seas out of Miami.
Getting nervous.  

Traveling with my daughter who has had the worst luck with cruises. Since 2018:

April 2018: Entire family, including me. Ship was delayed several hours due to a false alarm. A sniffer dog smelled contraband that wasn’t there. 

August-September 2019: With her husband. 7-night Eastern Caribbean cruise turned into an 11-night Western Caribbean due to Hurricane Dorian. 

March 2020: With husband’s family. Their Carnival cruise was one of the first to cancel due to Covid.  That has not been rescheduled. 

June 2021: With her daughter and me. Our Coco Cay cruise was one of the last to be canceled due to Covid. 

June 2022:  Five more days until we cruise. Assuming this storm doesn’t get in the way. And we have to pass our Covid tests. 

Fly in earlier

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Yes a total waste I skipped over it also

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Can people still cancel with CWC for this weekend then rather deal with the weather?

Sure, if they booked before 3/31 and cancel more than 2 days out. Heck, one could fake a positive COVID test and even get your money back. 

• Like 2