Going to be a challenging weekend for the Florida Based ships I think...

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Fly in earlier

I think it will be worst on Saturday. Looks like Sunday will be better. And I don’t want to fly in the day of the cruise (Monday). 

Does James Van Fleet have a Facebook presence?  I know he’s on Instagram and Twitter, but I’m not on those platforms. 

Edited by LadyBeBop

22 minutes ago, LadyBeBop said:

I think it will be worst on Saturday. Looks like Sunday will be better. And I don’t want to fly in the day of the cruise (Monday). 

Does James Van Fleet have a Facebook presence?  I know he’s on Instagram and Twitter, but I’m not on those platforms. 

I was thinking on you flying in on Friday. 3-day pre-stay before your cruise.

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Nah. One night at the Intercontinental is expensive. Even with using all our IHG points. Three nights…well I’m not going there. 

43 minutes ago, LadyBeBop said:

You don't need a twitter account to view twitter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, sandebeach said:

2PZKI40E_bigger.jpg

Tropical Video Update: Remnants of Agatha becoming TS Alex in the days ahead. Mariner of the Seas will be leaving Bermuda early to allow time for storm avoidance. We will have a better idea of what we have this weekend in the next 24 hours for everyone else.

Agatha is getting gender reasignment?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

@LadyBeBop

https://twitter.com/JamesVanFleet

Try this link. He posted three videos this morning to describe what may happen, for each ship in the area. 

I got it. I still have a Twitter account. I only use it in emergencies. 

This is an emergency. 

After watching his videos, I have a question. Appears our cruise, leaving Monday, is safe. Some in my Facebook group is doing a B2B, leaving Friday. Same ports, Nassau and CocoCay. Friday should be fine for embarkation. However, he mentions a probable cruise to nowhere. Knowing the chances of not making either ports are pretty good, would they still set sail?

Watching the videos was fascinating.  I live in the Seattle area and our Alaska cruises are not really impacted by storms.  Sure, we have the occasional rocking & rolling ships off the coast, or our smaller ships being allowed to sail between Vancouver, BC and the Canadian mainland, and the very rare ship that overnights at the pier in Seattle.  But, nothing like what the passengers have to deal with living, working and cruising in hurricane territory.  Thanks so much for posting about this!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

We really have gone through the looking glass when we start advising someone to fly into a storm so that they can ride it out for a few days so that they don't have to worry about boarding their cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Don't understand. Did he or she used to be known as Agatha?

Alexa would have been cool. 

From EarthSky website:

Here are the hurricane names for 2022

Atlantic hurricane names (season runs from June 1 to November 30) are: Alex, Bonnie, Colin, Danielle, Earl, Fiona, Gaston, Hermine, Ian, Julia, Karl, Lisa, Martin, Nicole, Owen, Paula, Richard, Shary, Tobias, Virginie and Walter.

Eastern North Pacific hurricane names (season runs from May 15 to November 30) are: Agatha, Blas, Celia, Darby, Estelle, Frank, Georgette, Howard, Ivette, Javier, Kay, Lester, Madeline, Newton, Orlene, Paine, Roslyn, Seymour, Tina, Virgil, Winifred, Xavier, Yolanda and Zeke.

If you’re interested, you can view those names, and names for upcoming years, at the U.S. National Hurricane Center.

22 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

FB_IMG_1654045095609.thumb.jpg.14fad956aa4ad94d43506c55657e31e3.jpg

LOL!! There was a morning we turned into the Weather Channel and saw Jim Cantore broadcasting thirty miles north of us. It seems the storm at changed track since the night before....

3 hours ago, DCPIV said:

We really have gone through the looking glass when we start advising someone to fly into a storm so that they can ride it out for a few days so that they don't have to worry about boarding their cruise.

We did exactly that back in 2008 Hurricane Ike in Texas.  They were going to close the airport in San Antonio, so I ran over there and managed to switch to an earlier flight 2 days before our Mariner cruise.  We had a night layover in Atlanta, but we made it for the cruise.  I like adventure!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

We did exactly that back in 2008 Hurricane Ike in Texas.  They were going to close the airport in San Antonio, so I ran over there and managed to switch to an earlier flight 2 days before our Mariner cruise.  We had a night layover in Atlanta, but we made it for the cruise.  I like adventure!

My mom lived in Pt Charlotte, when Charlie was building steam it was forecasted for Sarasota. My brother lived in Sarasota. So he came to Pt Charlotte.  And most of us know,  Hurricane Charlie slammed Pt Charlotte. That, was an adventure.

Now wait for it

My brother's name is Charlie😉

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2