BOGO 60% off the 2nd Guest (effective Jun 2-30)

mahdnc

I cancelled a Feb 22 cruise and moved it to Aug 29 Equinox..10 day... I made the change sometime lat in '22 when Omicron began being a problem... As sales popped up I repriced the cruise. Here is a copy of my spreadsheet... if you look at the change in the gross price.. you will realize that the various 30%, 60% etc deals are not necessarily deals..since the gross price is changing. Candidly.. I booked these realizing that prices would have to rise..although my thinking at the time was the need to make up revenue losses for the period they were shut down.. however given out of control inflation... this trend will likely continue until demand slows.  Anyway the charge may be a bit difficult to follow..but you can see the net increases over the original booking both in total and per person per day. I added this last bit when one of the sales offered premium package..and wanted to see how much more I would be paying for that...

Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 9.57.38 AM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

And the cruise that I refared has already risen a small amount, even though the sale is on until the 15th! 

@kearney LOL glad to see I am not the only one with Cruise spreadsheets.  It drives my husband nuts.🤪

Yes... my husband also... retired product manager.. I have to analyze something...! My real hobby is family history.. and there too I can go off into the tree following strangers who are extremely distantly related.....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, kearney said:

I cancelled a Feb 22 cruise and moved it to Aug 29 Equinox..10 day... I made the change sometime lat in '22 when Omicron began being a problem... As sales popped up I repriced the cruise. Here is a copy of my spreadsheet... if you look at the change in the gross price.. you will realize that the various 30%, 60% etc deals are not necessarily deals..since the gross price is changing. Candidly.. I booked these realizing that prices would have to rise..although my thinking at the time was the need to make up revenue losses for the period they were shut down.. however given out of control inflation... this trend will likely continue until demand slows.  Anyway the charge may be a bit difficult to follow..but you can see the net increases over the original booking both in total and per person per day. I added this last bit when one of the sales offered premium package..and wanted to see how much more I would be paying for that...

Nice spreadsheet.  I'd like to see some graphs, please!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mahdnc said:

Nice spreadsheet.  I'd like to see some graphs, please!

That could be arranged.... you should see the charts of my heart rate variability from my apple watch... or my ecg graph... yeah.. I plot that too 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

And is really the only way to fully understand Celebrity pricing moves.

Cruise line pricing is done much the same way as the airlines do, it is based on demand.

When a ship has an abundance of cabins available prices may be lowered to fill empty cabins. Once the desired percentage of cabins are booked, the cruise line will raise the prices.

10 hours ago, kearney said:

It's comforting to know I am not alone. I have been tracking some December cruises on Edge/Apex/Beyond fora few months and have a similar spreadsheet. I'll save people the "fun" of looking at it, but the punchline is that the latest sale is the worst.

mac_tlc

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kearney said:

That could be arranged.... you should see the charts of my heart rate variability from my apple watch... or my ecg graph... yeah.. I plot that too 🙂 

I'm sure it goes way up everytime Celebrity announces their "sale of the year".🙃

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

I'm sure it goes way up everytime Celebrity announces their "sale of the year".🙃

I started doing this when I kept reading how people were saving hundreds of dollars during earlier sales..and I wondered..how is this possible ..when I looked the sales were higher...and I didn't book that long ago.. I must have caught a low spot during covid peak or something...... 

14 minutes ago, kearney said:

I started doing this when I kept reading how people were saving hundreds of dollars during earlier sales..and I wondered..how is this possible ..when I looked the sales were higher...and I didn't book that long ago.. I must have caught a low spot during covid peak or something...... 

My TA is very good about alerting me when any of our booked cruises goes down in price.

I didn't think our price on our December cruise would be lower because we've had a number of price drops and the category is sold out.  I called our CVP and she took a look.  We saved $150 on this cruise.  It would have been more but the cruise care increased because of the way they price it.

On 6/8/2022 at 10:22 AM, Dar & Bob said:

And the cruise that I refared has already risen a small amount, even though the sale is on until the 15th! 

@kearney LOL glad to see I am not the only one with Cruise spreadsheets.  It drives my husband nuts.🤪

Me too...13 yrs of spreadsheets but the reference has come in handy on occasion.

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

So your category is sold out but your CVP was still able to adjust the price lower?  How are they able to see current pricing on a sold out category, my TA can't.

We got OBC after final payment on out April cruise ($700) by doing a chat and then filing the Best Price Guarantee form.  I realize that they don't need to do this.  What I will say is if you don't ask you definitely won't get it.  Our current cruise dropped and I was refared and at the one category upgrade.  So far I have been very please with Celebrity vs NCL and even Princess.  

I check prices all the time. I haven’t seen anything close to the price we have for an AQ cabin on the Reflection TA in October. Multiple Lift & Shifts may be responsible for that.

Virtuoso is a TA group your TA is probably a member of.  I suspect there is some promo which is a collaboration between Celebrity and Virtuoso.   At times a portion of the OBC given by the TA actually comes from Celebrity so it could be something like that especially if you know your booking is part of a group rate.

2 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Virtuoso is a TA group your TA is probably a member of.  I suspect there is some promo which is a collaboration between Celebrity and Virtuoso.   At times a portion of the OBC given by the TA actually comes from Celebrity so it could be something like that especially if you know your booking is part of a group rate.

Thank you 
Our TA is with Virtuoso, and has confirmed Always included this morning