Dining at Aqua

FeelingCruisy

Thinking about booking another Apex tomorrow, have some question about Aqua dining - I prefer Aqua's menu but my partner prefers the menu from the main dining room (and the special section from each of the different main dining - cosmopolitan, Tuscan, Cyprus, Normandie..).   While seated in Aqua, can we order from the main dining room menu and their special section?   

Can we dine at the other 4 main dining rooms?

are the Apex Aqua's menu similar to the older ships Aqua's?  Thanks

18 minutes ago, FeelingCruisy said:

Thinking about booking another Apex tomorrow, have some question about Aqua dining - I prefer Aqua's menu but my partner prefers the menu from the main dining room (and the special section from each of the different main dining - cosmopolitan, Tuscan, Cyprus, Normandie..).   While seated in Aqua, can we order from the main dining room menu and their special section?   

Just to clarify. There is no restaurant called Aqua. The restaurant designated for Aqua class guests is called Blu. If you want to eat in any of the MDRs,  organize it through your Maitre d' in Blu.

Right, Blu.  I prefer Blu's menu but my partner won't want to book aqua if he can't get to order from the main dining room (and the special section specific to each of the 4 mains).  So just want to know if we can actually order them while we are dining in Blu before we book.  

On E class Blu staff offered us to bring items from the MDR menu.

However, it may take a while and it might not be hot. So you can´t be in a rush and/or fussy .

We also kept in mind that it adds to their workload. So we only did it once or twice when there was not much going on. I love the Greek Yoghurt dessert from Cyprus and I asked for one 😳

• Like 1

I wouldn’t bother booking Aqua if your partner won’t like Blu unless you’re booking for the spa. Save your money and book Concierge or Verandah. Concierge has better cabin locations. 
Blu breakfasts ARE great tho. 

• Like 2

Who goes to McDonald’s and expects a Whopper? 

Encourage your partner to expand their palette. 

I agree about extending their work load needlessly. I couldn’t do it myself. 

Edited by PTC DAWG

If you can swing it, book a Sky Suite. Provided space is available, you will be able to dine in Blu as well as the four MDRs. Luminae would be your designated dining room, but one does not have to eat there. Your Personal Retreat Host (Butler) would handle all other dining arrangements.

• Like 1

Blu has a “standards” part of the menu that’s there every evening.   Those offerings, if not identical to mainstay MDR offerings, are very close.    We were in a suite on Apex in April but did eat in Blu one night.    Was very happy with their service.   They’ll do everything they can to make you happy.  

We are usual AQ class  BLU diners, but on E Class , we TOTALLY preferred the 4 MDR plan..Make your res pre cruise.  It was a great experience.!

.  You can enjoy BLU if you sail M or S Class ships in the future.

16 hours ago, FeelingCruisy said:

Right, Blu.  I prefer Blu's menu but my partner won't want to book aqua if he can't get to order from the main dining room (and the special section specific to each of the 4 mains).  So just want to know if we can actually order them while we are dining in Blu before we book.  

You won't be able to order from the MDR offerings if you are in Blu as the kitchens are not shared.  There is a distance between them. There are some "every day" items but they are basic items like chicken, sirloin steak, salmon, French onion soup, shrimp cocktail, Caesar salad, etc.  Either you alternate dining venues each evening or save some money and book a lower class cabin.  

16 hours ago, mom says said:

Just to clarify. There is no restaurant called Aqua. The restaurant designated for Aqua class guests is called Blu. If you want to eat in any of the MDRs,  organize it through your Maitre d' in Blu.

ha ha that is why I opened this thread to read as I was confused.

Also I feel they staff is so busy that I would not want to ask for them to go get food from another restaurant unless the kitchen was close by.  I have heard Blu is excellent so on my Equinox this November I will eat off the menu they have.

BLU issues for us on EDGE  were the location....on the path to EDEN via the dark creepy forest, or up a steep winding stairway.  Also missing were any nice views (it faces storage and am window washing equipment,) , and poor acoustics.  Long lines at times. Outdoor tbls were counted  for capacity but really not used so crowded at times.

Waitstaff and sommelier gave great service, but meals were VERY slow between courses.  Just not the same as BLU on many other ships. Breakfast was okay..no views or realistic outdoor dining!  Another neg was the small " infinite" indoor balcony cabin  set up.. as part of AQ class.   It was manageable but not a real balcony by any means!

On a  subsequent  EDGE cruise we loved our  non AQ sunset view true aft  balcony, larger cabin and the  4 mdr dining plan..  Favs were tuscan and the Greek restaurant but all were  A +

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

ha ha that is why I opened this thread to read as I was confused.

Also I feel they staff is so busy that I would not want to ask for them to go get food from another restaurant unless the kitchen was close by.  I have heard Blu is excellent so on my Equinox this November I will eat off the menu they have.

Blu on EQ....outstanding all around!

We were in Aqua Class in March on the Apex. Blu was wonderful as usual. One night my husband had a taste for fish and there wasn’t any on the menu. Our waiter said the halibut in one of the main dining rooms was excellent so he ordered it for him. It came hot and my husband really enjoyed it. Great service!

57 minutes ago, PcolaCruzers said:

We were Aqua class on Apex in Jan 2022. We ate dinner in Blu each night and had no issues ordering from any of the 4 main dining room menus whenever we wanted. 

Could it be that when the passenger loads were lower, this was more easily accomplished?

As passenger counts ramp back up toward 100%, is it still feasible to send someone to the MDR kitchens for a special order dish?

Just interested in menu options.

I am Dairy Intolerant and use the symbols for guidance on the MDR menus.

Do the menus in Blu have the symbols?
I noticed last year that menus on the App didn’t have the symbols, so always had to ask for a paper copy.

This thread highlights one issue with E class for AQ passengers.  Blu is in a terrible location compared to S and M class.  You can order anything from MDR on those ships in Blu or even Luminae and it's not an issue at all.  Blu and Luminae on E class are far removed from the main galley, limiting and diner's options and hence the value of the cabin class.  

• Like 1

On 6/3/2022 at 12:40 AM, FeelingCruisy said:

Why not consider dining in SP restaurants?  We have sailed in Aqua at least once in all classes of Celebrity ships and were disappointed.  The Apex has multiple dining rooms that are very interesting.  I suggest you save your money- book a balcony cabin (midship) or CC class if you want the points and with the money saved book specialty restaurants.  Access to the persian garden really wears off quickly.  IMO

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2022 at 2:25 AM, upwarduk said:

Just interested in menu options.

I am Dairy Intolerant and use the symbols for guidance on the MDR menus.

Do the menus in Blu have the symbols?
I noticed last year that menus on the App didn’t have the symbols, so always had to ask for a paper copy.

Hi!  Here is a picture of the Clean Cuisine section for Blu one night.  There aren't any symbols for each dish but if you look all the way at the bottom it mentions they are proud to be Dine Aware committed. If you have any allergies or food sensitivities just tell the Maitre D' before ordering.  

My dad has food allergies and they are very committed to make sure food is safe to eat. 

If you let them know about your Dairy Intolerance, I am sure they will accommodate you.  

🍹

20211010_200659.thumb.jpg.1329fe5ce191e867ff27e65397d49f67.jpg

Edited by PinkSandGirl
  • Like 1