EZAir booking through Princess

travellovers2

We have never booked our flight with Princess using EZAir. We have a couple of questions on how this works. We want to fly with American Airlines booking premium economy seats.

Once we book with EZAir, it says that we have to go to the airline to choose our seats. Does the airline charge separately to choose a seat and will any issues be addressed directly wil the airline or will they send us to talk to Princess?

Thank you very much for your help!

Can you put premium economy into the search to find those seats?

If notthen they are just not selling them

Of course the poster above did not have to pay extra for normal main cabin seats

There is never a charge for those 

If you book plain economy seats there is always charge to move up to,premium

When you are booking EZ Air, put Premium Economy as your preference. You'll get the price for premium. Then you can go to the airline website and choose your seats. 

We did that and got premium for one leg, but not available on the return leg. 

Recently, I went to Air Canada and was able to upgrade to exit row seats which were still economy, but it cost extra money for the extra leg room. 

• Like 1

We chose our seats immediately as part of the booking on American (Princess EZair). It was part of the process. If you have an issue, call Princess and ask for an EZAir agent. But know what seats you want first. I always lookup the flight information on www.seatguru.com

• Like 1

We looked at the seats on AA first and saw that they still have PE seats available for the one way since our plan was to take a transatlantic cruise. We then went to EZair and selected PE to get the quote.

But I read on another post that they were trying to select their seats on AA, but EZair had not paid for their reservation so that's why they were not able to see in on AA to select their seats.

3 hours ago, travellovers2 said:

We looked at the seats on AA first and saw that they still have PE seats available for the one way since our plan was to take a transatlantic cruise. We then went to EZair and selected PE to get the quote.

But I read on another post that they were trying to select their seats on AA, but EZair had not paid for their reservation so that's why they were not able to see in on AA to select their seats.

If you are a American Airlines frequent flyer member; once  you choose your flight on EZ Air log into your American account; you should be able to see the reservation and pick your seat

• Like 4

I always pick my seats on the EZ Air site.  No need to contact the airline.  The site shows you all you need to know.  Select Request Seats and on the next page, select them.  I've never had a problem.

Pick Seats.jpg

Seats.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, arrice2 said:

I always pick my seats on the EZ Air site.  No need to contact the airline.  The site shows you all you need to know.  Select Request Seats and on the next page, select them.  I've never had a problem.

When you do this, Princess does say it is a request only, not a confirmed selection.

However, usually what you do request this way is what is assigned.

21 hours ago, arrice2 said:

51 minutes ago, caribill said:

When you do this, Princess does say it is a request only, not a confirmed selection.

However, usually what you do request this way is what is assigned.

My experience is whenever booking Premium Economy or Business with EZ-Air, most airlines allow immediate seat selection within EZ-Air as part of the process before completing the booking.  One can always go to the airline website and check there to see that they have it in their system.  Have not had a problem losing a seat selection - unless the airline made an equipment change.  It pays to keep an eye on reservations in both EZ-Air and the airline.

21 hours ago, arrice2 said:

Pick Seats.jpg

Seats.jpg

I’ve had the same experience booking a Flexible EZair Economy return flight on AA & see our seat assignments on the AA website. Our flight was booked 10 months in advance but has not yet been ticketed because it’s 5 months before flying so cannot change seats until ticketed.

Our outbound Air Canada flight was booked at the same time & ticketed however need to pay a non-refundable seat assignment fee. Thus we’re waiting until closer to departure while watching availability until deciding go, no go for our flights & cruise.

Normally, I'd avoid BA, but there is a great price now to book Business home.  I can book it as BA completely in EZ-Air for both legs, but I have read that BA is going to charge me for selecting Business seats in advance.  Funny thing is, EZ-Air today will let me pick seats on the FCO-LHR leg, but not on the 787 from LHR to YYZ.  Says seating not available and to contact airline.

If I pretend to book it as AA codeshare, I am not offered seats again on the 787 overseas.  In fact, I see the screen just spins and never presents the seating plan.  Perhaps this is different than when EZ pops up with the message that seating is not available. 

There is a third option to book as BA for intra-Europe leg and AA for the overseas leg. 

In all situations, I can select seats for FCO-LHR, but not on the 787 from LHR for trans-Atlantic leg.  Perhaps this is an EZ-Air temporary quirk?

I also went to AA website and pretended to book the same flights (AA codeshare operated by BA) and I was logged in to my FF account.  I have no status with AA.  On AA during the booking process, I saw a message to contact BA to select seats.  I think this might be free???

I also went to BA site to make the booking and it was allowing me to select seats on both legs during the booking process and I didn't see any note of a selection fee.  Yes, it showed free for second leg and 0 EUR for first leg - different presentation of wording, but same end result.

I am thinking if a person can book on BA and get free seat selection, I won't be charged if I book them via EZ-Air and have to phone them up to get the seats.

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Normally, I'd avoid BA, but there is a great price now to book Business home.  I can book it as BA completely in EZ-Air for both legs, but I have read that BA is going to charge me for selecting Business seats in advance.  Funny thing is, EZ-Air today will let me pick seats on the FCO-LHR leg, but not on the 787 from LHR to YYZ.  Says seating not available and to contact airline.

If I pretend to book it as AA codeshare, I am not offered seats again on the 787 overseas.  In fact, I see the screen just spins and never presents the seating plan.  Perhaps this is different than when EZ pops up with the message that seating is not available. 

There is a third option to book as BA for intra-Europe leg and AA for the overseas leg. 

In all situations, I can select seats for FCO-LHR, but not on the 787 from LHR for trans-Atlantic leg.  Perhaps this is an EZ-Air temporary quirk?

I also went to AA website and pretended to book the same flights (AA codeshare operated by BA) and I was logged in to my FF account.  I have no status with AA.  On AA during the booking process, I saw a message to contact BA to select seats.  I think this might be free???

I also went to BA site to make the booking and it was allowing me to select seats on both legs during the booking process and I didn't see any note of a selection fee.  Yes, it showed free for second leg and 0 EUR for first leg - different presentation of wording, but same end result.

I am thinking if a person can book on BA and get free seat selection, I won't be charged if I book them via EZ-Air and have to phone them up to get the seats.

There's a lot to unravel here but I'd like to add the following:

1) I've had similar issues with BA seat selection, i.e. not being able to select seats unless I call.

2) I once called and it turns out BA somehow doesn't get all your document information like passport numbers. It won't allow seat selection until they've got that info.

3) Subsequently I found that getting BA's separate record locator number (it is often different from the EZAir number) and going to the BA website to manage your booking will allow you to enter the missing information and voila! You can now select seats.

• Thanks 1

I am paid in full for the cruise. When does Princess pay for my ticket and when do I receive it?

Also about pre cruise hotel if anyone knows. Do I get any documents?

I was able to book a seat already on Delta.

Thank you

Kathy

1 hour ago, rabin1 said:

I am paid in full for the cruise. When does Princess pay for my ticket and when do I receive it?

I was able to book a seat already on Delta.

Thank you

Kathy

Supposed to be by 45 days out.  This used to be the case, but several posters here are reporting not being ticketed even by 30 days.  One mentioned about 2 weeks I think.  Seems nuts to me.  I am going to be asking to be ticketed before it gets too late.  Just made a FP today using Gift Cards for first voyage, so I could ticket anytime, but not yet.  

1 hour ago, rabin1 said:

You should have (from Princess) the airline booking number (which is different than the EZAir booking number).

That is basically all the ticketing information you get.

With the airline booking number, you can go to the airline's web site and see your booking and also the ticket number.

3 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

1) I've had similar issues with BA seat selection, i.e. not being able to select seats unless I call.

2) I once called and it turns out BA somehow doesn't get all your document information like passport numbers. It won't allow seat selection until they've got that info.

3) Subsequently I found that getting BA's separate record locator number (it is often different from the EZAir number) and going to the BA website to manage your booking will allow you to enter the missing information and voila! You can now select seats.

Thanks.  Do you tend to book BA directly in EZ-Air or book the AA codeshares?

10 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

Here's my story now.  I first booked the flights (two legs with cnxn in LHR) as AA codeshare for both and could not make any seat selection.  I had logged into both AA and BA websites and completed all personal info and passports, etc. 

I then re-booked EZ-Air using a mix of BA/AA.  BA is the first leg FCO-LHR and AA codeshare from LHR-YYZ.  During booking process, I was able to select seats on the BA flight.  I again went to both AA and BA websites and filled in all the missing information.  I could still not select a seat on BA website for the second leg from LHR-YYZ (AA codeshare).  I called BA and agent told me I cannot select seats on the transatlantic portion until file is ticketed.  He also mentioned there could be a fee and won't know until ticketed (I am thinking no fee with EZ-Air??).  Or, perhaps I should switch back to all AA codeshare?

I could also book as BA on both legs, but cost is higher.  If I try a mock booking in EZ-Air, for the second leg from LHR, there is a message that seat plan is not available and to contact airline.  For the first leg to LHR, I can select seats as before and I can see that the two seats I picked for us are taken.  Those seats also show in the booking file when I pull up the res on BA website. 

IDK if this is a quirk or not.  I may as well pay a higher price and book all BA if BA is going to charge me for having AA codeshare.  I was under impression from previous posts (that I cannot find) that if a guest booked BA with AA codeshare, there is no seat selection fee in Business Class.

Thanks to you or anyone else with experience recently doing this.  If I have to ticket early I will since this is a good deal for Business home (I was previously on LH and AC with Economy and Premium Economy for the transatlantic for not much less than the new fare.

ETA:  I also did a mock booking on BA website, I could select seats on both legs of the trip and the transatlantic from LHR has tons of open seats.

Edited by Steelers36

10 hours ago, caribill said:

You should have (from Princess) the airline booking number (which is different than the EZAir booking number).

That is basically all the ticketing information you get.

With the airline booking number, you can go to the airline's web site and see your booking and also the ticket number.

Hi

Thank you.

Yes I have both EZ AIr and Delta confirmations. With all the screw ups Princess has been making is there a way to know if they have paid for the ticket?? I have never used EZ Air before

Thanks again

Kathy

6 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

Hi

Thank you.

Yes I have both EZ AIr and Delta confirmations. With all the screw ups Princess has been making is there a way to know if they have paid for the ticket?? I have never used EZ Air before

Thanks again

Kathy

Your Travel Summary (from the website) lists your flights. If they have paid for the tickets, the ticket numbers should be filled in (not blank). It's what I have heard anyway...

Princess states that you can cancel or change your flights up to 45 days before the cruise. I am about 75 days out.  I used a TA for this booking. Am I able to go to “my cruises” and cancel?  If so, will I receive a refund from Princess or my TA? I have never used EZair before this booking.  Thanks in advance for any information. 

17 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Thanks.  Do you tend to book BA directly in EZ-Air or book the AA codeshares?

I try to book AA codeshares. Also read head ahead to your next post. I forgot to mention that we always book business class for the long overseas flights (usually a great bargain if you book early BTW). Business class lets generally you pick seats before ticketing after you've given BA all your information. I too hold EZ-Air bookings FCO-LHR-LAX-TUS. Had similar experience getting BA seats. Could get the FCO-LHR (BA) but not LHR-LAX (BA). That's when inputting the passport info solved the problem.

Edited by beg3yrs

4 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

I try to book AA codeshares. Also read head ahead to your next post. I forgot to mention that we always book business class for the long overseas flights (usually a great bargain if you book early BTW). Business class lets generally you pick seats before ticketing after you've given BA all your information. I too hold EZ-Air bookings FCO-LHR-LAX-TUS. Had similar experience getting BA seats. Could get the FCO-LHR (BA) but not LHR-LAX (BA). That's when inputting the passport info solved the problem.

HI.  I did go to both AA & BA and login and enter our passports and contact info - the max possible info.  Didn't help.  I have since cancelled the flights because I had my TA re-fare the cruise voyage earlier today (Thursday) and it had to be a cancel/re-book after asking a PCL Supvr.  Anyway, that all worked out since my FCD's were extended, our SH OBC was carried over, etc.  All I had to do was re-book the water package and re-book the air.  NBD since the same pricing and availability was still in EZ-Air < 24 hrs later.  So, same issue again with the air.  Now I have to go back into AA & BA and re-enter all that personal info.  If the BA 787-8 leg over the Atlantic doesn't open up, I can always ask for early ticketing.  A BA agent told me file needed to be ticketed (and he said "could" be a fee, but couldn't tell until ticketed.  I am thinking not with EZ-Air a fee.  Anyway, that flight is AA codeshare and the jaunt from FCO-LHR is BA and I was able to do seat select that has stuck and seats show occupied on BA website if try a mock booking. 

I will keep an eye on it.  Don't have time tonight to update the airlines as I need sleep for once.  LOL.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jaimevoyager said:

Princess states that you can cancel or change your flights up to 45 days before the cruise. I am about 75 days out.  I used a TA for this booking. Am I able to go to “my cruises” and cancel?  If so, will I receive a refund from Princess or my TA? I have never used EZair before this booking.  Thanks in advance for any information. 

You can make, modify, cancel EZAir flights via the Princess web site (or by phone). No need to involve the TA in any way.

If these are flexible booking flights, and you have paid for the flights and it is not closer than 45 days, refund from Princess should go to the form of payment you made for the flights.