What Covid treatment can we expect onboard the Celebrity Beyond

BarbaraB2

We have a final payment due next month but before making that decision we would like to know what treatment we can expect on the ‘Beyond’ regarding Covid. I’ve read about the various problems regarding earlier cases onboard other  Celebrity ships ( which I won’t detail)  but I hope corporate has a better handle on it now and has ironed out some important problems. Specifically, are you able to stay in your original cabin? If not, what type of cabin are you moved to?  Where can meals be ordered from…room service or restaurants…and delivered within a reasonable amount of time? Is there a dedicated person and telephone number to help coordinate and facilitate your needs? Are wifi and movies provided? Does Covid medical care continue to be provided at no additional cost? 

Some people have stayed in their original state rooms others have not. Some have ordered easily unsuccessfully from room service others have not.  With such a fluid situation there are no guarantees

Treatment will probably consist of over-the-counter medications, no Paxlovid

Seems things are getting better but things do seem to vary by ship, how many cases and where the ship is sailing. Some stayed in their cabin other moved to OV or veranda.  

From what I have read suite guests can order food from the MDR, room service menu, and Luminae.  Some have reported being able to order from tge specialty restaurants but they may have been in the high level suites which includes free specialty dining.  
Most in non suite cabins had the MDR & Room Service options. 
This link has recent info for sailings

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/cel-covid-19-cancellations-and-refunds-policy.pdf

Do, you aren't  asking about how COVID would be treated on board; but are only concerned about quarantine conditions? I think that's been amply covered in the myriad of previous and current  threads by posters who have been in isolation during their cruise.

There seems to be ‘ample’ discussion about treatment onboard other ships but virtually nothing that I found regarding the Beyond. As others have already reported practices vary from ship to ship and I would like to know specifically about this one before I commit.

2 hours ago, mom says said:

Do, you aren't  asking about how COVID would be treated on board; but are only concerned about quarantine conditions? I think that's been amply covered in the myriad of previous and current  threads by posters who have been in isolation during their cruise.

• Like 1

Why would the situation be different on Beyond?  Reportedly they are a bit more fully staffed so MDR meals, access to internet, calls, movies etc would be expected.

The question is more about if you are flexible in dealing with "bumps in the road ".  There are likely to be a few traveling today - both large and small.

We are sailing on the Beyond TA in October.  We are prepared if we get Covid to be quarantined, and not necessarily in our Suite, but a IV.  We expect to be able to order meals from the Luminae, MDR or Room Service menus as that is what most quarantined suite guests have reported.  We expect we will have perks of our booking  (stream wi-fi & premium beverage package).  We expect to get a pro-rated refund of our cruise fare.
If quarantined we expect to be bored.  Since our cruise ends in the US and the ship will have 2 days before the next passenger sailing if we still need to quarantine we are prepared to do so on land before flying home.  We have travel insurance so any land costs & flight changes are covered

But most importantly we expect to have a great trip. 

• Like 2

This is the latest quarantine poster on Equinox, no-one knows what the situation will be in the Fall but if you are concerned now maybe you shouldn't be cruising on Beyond. As we don't know your itinerary /ports of call you have to make the choices to cancel or cruise I would not want to be on a transatlantic confined to a cabin.

Edited by emmas gran
add
  • Like 1

I can help you out because my husband and I are currently quarantined on the Beyond. He tested positive on day four. I was negative. We were given the option of staying together with  both of us isolating. Or we could separate and I would be free to roam around ship, have meals, go ashore etc. I would also have to test every day for 6 days. We opted to separate. Our original cabin was a sunset. I moved to an infinite. Next day I tested positive so was able to go back to our original cabin with my husband. They have taken extremely good care of us. Medical checks on us twice a day and have provided necessary medications. We can order whatever we want from room service including drinks. There is a bit of a wait but nothing unreasonable. Our 3rd day in isolation F&B delivered two complimentary bottles of wine and petit fours. Nice touch! We have streaming internet, on demand movies and can make phone calls. Not the holiday I pictured but can’t complain about how well celebrity has looked after us. It was a chance we took; no regrets. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

EXACTLY what I  was hoping to hear…first hand information of Covid treatment onboard the Beyond!! Thank you! Now, at least I can make a decision based on factual knowledge and hopefully those practices  won’t change before our cruise. Coincidentally, we booked a Sunset Veranda also, and I was hoping to be able to stay in it IF we became positive.

Wishing you and your husband a speedy recovery!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jelayne said:

We are sailing on the Beyond TA in October.  We are prepared if we get Covid to be quarantined, and not necessarily in our Suite, but a IV.  We expect to be able to order meals from the Luminae, MDR or Room Service menus as that is what most quarantined suite guests have reported.  We expect we will have perks of our booking  (stream wi-fi & premium beverage package).  We expect to get a pro-rated refund of our cruise fare.
If quarantined we expect to be bored.  Since our cruise ends in the US and the ship will have 2 days before the next passenger sailing if we still need to quarantine we are prepared to do so on land before flying home.  We have travel insurance so any land costs & flight changes are covered

But most importantly we expect to have a great trip. 

Well at least you are going in with eyes wide open.

2 hours ago, koolforkatz said:

I can help you out because my husband and I are currently quarantined on the Beyond. He tested positive on day four. I was negative. We were given the option of staying together with  both of us isolating. Or we could separate and I would be free to roam around ship, have meals, go ashore etc. I would also have to test every day for 6 days. We opted to separate. Our original cabin was a sunset. I moved to an infinite. Next day I tested positive so was able to go back to our original cabin with my husband. They have taken extremely good care of us. Medical checks on us twice a day and have provided necessary medications. We can order whatever we want from room service including drinks. There is a bit of a wait but nothing unreasonable. Our 3rd day in isolation F&B delivered two complimentary bottles of wine and petit fours. Nice touch! We have streaming internet, on demand movies and can make phone calls. Not the holiday I pictured but can’t complain about how well celebrity has looked after us. It was a chance we took; no regrets. 

Very glad this worked out as it has for both of you!  Staying in the cabin I booked, would be very important for me.  Seeing more saying they’ve been allowed to do that, however it seems to be without guarantees that will always be the case.  If so, that uncertainty is a deal breaker for me.  Thus I have made the decision to cancel upcoming cruises on Oceania and Celebrity for October & December this year.  Possibility of having paid for an upper suite and being moved to an inside or window is a non-starter for me, without being able to step outside for fresh air I’d go crazy.  So, we booked a 3 week land trip to Ireland, where we have been hankering to return anyway.  US lifting the ban starting today is a game changer for travel to Europe. Safe travels/cruising to all.

3 hours ago, koolforkatz said:

I’m sorry to hear you are quarantined but glad you have access to fresh air.  Priot reports were oceanview and that worried me.  Did you report symptoms to medical or they required you to test because of a close contact?

18 minutes ago, renji said:

I’m sorry to hear you are quarantined but glad you have access to fresh air.  Priot reports were oceanview and that worried me.  Did you report symptoms to medical or they required you to test because of a close contact?

My husband was starting to feel really congested on 3rd night. We had a shore excursion planned next day so decided he should do a self-test before we did anything. It was positive so he reported it, they cancelled the tour for us and tested him next morning. I was treated as a close contact and tested positive the following day. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the firsthand export.  We are deciding on ‘go or no-go’ for Fall cruise on The Edge.  Final payment looms.  Being allowed to stay in your originally booked cabin (if tested positive) is a big deal.  The thought of no “balcony” (fresh air) for days on end is suffocating.  I am thinking we will roll the dice and ‘go for it’.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BarbaraB2 said:

EXACTLY what I  was hoping to hear…first hand information of Covid treatment onboard the Beyond!! Thank you! Now, at least I can make a decision based on factual knowledge and hopefully those practices  won’t change before our cruise. Coincidentally, we booked a Sunset Veranda also, and I was hoping to be able to stay in it IF we became positive.

Wishing you and your husband a speedy recovery!

I would be very hesitant to assume that what the person presently with Covid on Beyond is experiencing would be guaranteed in future.

What I have learned from these boards is that Celebrity has absolutely no consistent policy how to treat positive cases.  It is really handled case by case and depends on situation, how many passengers are infected, how full the schip is, how much staff is available etc.

Remember that Beyond has been sailing with a third of capacity (on our cruise in May and subsequent ones) to maybe half now and this most probably will no longer be the case later in the year.

Moreover, more and more West European countries are now seeing a rise in cases again due to a newer Omicron variation and this could then also be reflected on the ships. 

We had nice holidays on Beyond in our SV but unfortunately also tested positive after returning home.

Edited by Michidoeme
  • Like 3

Just an addendum to the above. We both had to test positive on days 5 and 6. Unfortunately, day 6 for me is the day after our cruise debarked. So we have had to stay on for the next cruise. This meant changing cabins. On our original cruise there were about 1,300 passengers. I understand there are about 2,000 on this next one. We have been moved out of our Sunset Veranda to a concierge class infinite balcony where we are now. Another couple I know of in the same sistuation had to move from their Sky Suite to an Aqua Class. So if you have to stay on for another voyage, you may be moved to a different cabin and category than your original one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/12/2022 at 6:17 AM, koolforkatz said:

Thanks for sharing.  Sorry this had to happen to you.  Get well soon.

The one thing I find interesting about your situation is that YOU were initially moved and your husband WAS NOT MOVED.  All the stories I've read about (and I've read a bunch, too many 🙃) have the infected one either moving or staying in place, but their close contacts, if they choose to separate, always get to stay in their cabin - at least until they turn positive.

Glad  this thread was posted

Not happy to hear covid is affecting BEYOND just like other ships.

We are scheduled for a 5 day cruise in Nov, RT Port Ev, and would hate to spend it in quarantine...we are booked in a low level suite.

Point of the cruise is to use up a large fcc from a previously cancelled sailing.  If quarantined,  wonder if that would be restored? We are just starting to look for trip insurance.

Hope folks quarantined feel better soon !

Edited by hcat

1 hour ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Thanks for sharing.  Sorry this had to happen to you.  Get well soon.

The one thing I find interesting about your situation is that YOU were initially moved and your husband WAS NOT MOVED.  All the stories I've read about (and I've read a bunch, too many 🙃) have the infected one either moving or staying in place, but their close contacts, if they choose to separate, always get to stay in their cabin - at least until they turn positive.

Either my husband or I could have moved. Because I was still negative at that point it seemed fair that I should let him have our original sunset while I moved to the infinite. He would need the extra outdoor space more than I would. They let us decide. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, koolforkatz said:

Either my husband or I could have moved. Because I was still negative at that point it seemed fair that I should let him have our original sunset while I moved to the infinite. He would need the extra outdoor space more than I would. They let us decide. 

Thank you for the clarification.  I still find it most interesting that they gave you this choice.