Onboard Jade now and it appears empty

jmknife

Not complaining, but Does anyone know if Jade sailed with a partial load of passengers? Restaurant was empty last night at 8:00. Breakfast crowd was also absent this morning. Eating breakfast in the Sun on the stern of the ship at 8:30 with a 10 AM arrival time and empty seats outnumber filled ones by a large margin. 

I on a ghost cruise? Has everyone need isolated?

Hi JMknife, 

sorry to be a pain and hijack your thread but as your currently on the Jade could you tell me if they are running just one show a night or two shows a night at the stardust theatre and what the show times are please? I’m trying to find out so I can book my evening meals around the show times. Thank you

Also on the Jade right now. It does not feel anywhere near full. Not that you can tell though. There's a group of 8 at the Great Outdoors making enough noise of 1000. They have their own speaker to play their own music and none of the staff will say a word to them. Not going with NCL again and the tips will be cancelled in the morning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, rams1976 said:

Also on the Jade right now. It does not feel anywhere near full. Not that you can tell though. There's a group of 8 at the Great Outdoors making enough noise of 1000. They have their own speaker to play their own music and none of the staff will say a word to them. Not going with NCL again and the tips will be cancelled in the morning.

go throw the speaker overboard hehe...that's just a thought - don't actually do it. I won't be held responsible!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rams1976 said:

Well, I won't venture to tell you what to do with your money but it seems a bit harsh to stiff your steward because of that.   Just my .02 cents worth.

• Like 14

20 minutes ago, rams1976 said:

So you punish your waiters and room steward because of people at the pool??  WOW!

• Like 14

32 minutes ago, rams1976 said:

And what did your room steward and the dining staff do to deserve the tips removed? Since they have nothing to do with a speaker by the pool, must be another reason to remove tips.

In case of the speaker, I'd be calling security.

• Like 8

@rams1976

There's a group of 8 at the Great Outdoors making enough noise of 1000. They have their own speaker to play their own music and none of the staff will say a word to them. 

Go stand as close as you can to them where there is a ship phone.   Call the  General Manager, probable # 8888 and the Guest Services Manager # 8802 .   I don't guarantee the numbers but those were the ones on a couple of M&G "address sheets" I have.    Make sure they can hear what you are complaining about!!

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@rams1976

There's a group of 8 at the Great Outdoors making enough noise of 1000. They have their own speaker to play their own music and none of the staff will say a word to them. 

Go stand as close as you can to them where there is a ship phone.   Call the  General Manager, probable # 8888 and the Guest Services Manager # 8802 .   I don't guarantee the numbers but those were the ones on a couple of M&G "address sheets" I have.    Make sure they can hear what you are complaining about!!

Bad advice.  Not a smart move to initiate a confrontation with some rowdy people who no doubt are at different stages of inebriation.   I agree though with escalating the complaints through the chain of command.

@Cole Thornton

Not a smart move to initiate a confrontation with some rowdy people who no doubt are at different stages of inebriation.

I totally agree which is why I suggested a ship phone which is probably quite a way from the group, far enough to talk without them overhearing but close enough so the people I suggest will get the message "live" as it were'.

I had assumed that @rams1976 would have enough sense to do that without having to spell it our for him/her.

14 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

The Jade was at just under 50% capacity when we were onboard in April. It seemed very empty most of the time. I think that capacity has been fairly consistent.

My experience in May, as well.

Completely agree with the poster, NCL should show some discipline towards these people who think they have the right to ruin some else’s cruise.

Unfortunately some NCL staff are to frightened to tell anyone off, and don’t get the support up the chain, imagine an officer’s meeting being conducted there, the speaker would be confiscated and checked for PAT testing?

• Like 1

On 6/23/2022 at 1:59 AM, jmknife said:

Not complaining, but Does anyone know if Jade sailed with a partial load of passengers? Restaurant was empty last night at 8:00. Breakfast crowd was also absent this morning. Eating breakfast in the Sun on the stern of the ship at 8:30 with a 10 AM arrival time and empty seats outnumber filled ones by a large margin. 

I on a ghost cruise? Has everyone need isolated?

OMG i would love this. 

Sorry about the cruise director and other personnel, I haven’t been onboard enough to tell.  With a different island every day, the boat is more like a hotel for us than a cruise ship. 

cabin stewards and wait people in the restaurant have been wonderful. My preference is to not have a different waiter each night, but that is just me. I like developing a little bit of a relationship with them. Food has been fine, but the garden restaurant choices have been a little limited.  To be fair, I am comparing NCL to my last cruise on Oceania - completely different classes. 

one negative. We were brusquely TOLD to leave our table in the Garden restaurant because they needed to  clean it.  We were close to closing time for the morning, but I think it would have been better if they had brought a couple of trays over and offered to move us to the stern of the ship. 

overall, for the money, I am very pleased.  Since the ship isn’t really the destination on this cruise, it was great. 

• Like 1

im sorry, i dont pay much (if any) attention to the officers, as I really dont come in  contact with them. our concierges' name was bruno and he was absolutely amazing (assuming its the same one whose name you  were already given) 

didnt seem to be many people wearing masks