Interior cabins with sofa? Myth?

54 minutes ago, codeyell0 said:

When looking through cruises I see stock pictures of interior cabins with sofas but never actually see these in reviews or personal pictures/videos.
Are they a myth? 
Like this one 
Interior

No

I was on the Navigator earlier this year and had regular interior rooms. Most of them, there is not enough room to walk around to get into your bed from the wall side.

I either had the sofa rotated so it’s back was against the bathroom wall or pushed the bed all the way to one side against the wall, I was solo, so did not need bed access for another person. 

From pictures provided, it appears these ships have a little more room, so obviously it will vary by ship.

4 hours ago, codeyell0 said:

When looking through cruises I see stock pictures of interior cabins with sofas but never actually see these in reviews or personal pictures/videos.
Are they a myth? 
Like this one 
Interior

How does ones get in the bed, especially at the corner with the dresser?

M

10 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

How does ones get in the bed, especially at the corner with the dresser?

M

not easily. Actually the side with the dresser is easier to slide my legs thru. The side with the sofa I couldnt get thru fast. When the phone rang I was up and over the bed and crawled to the bed to reach the phone. I can sort of slide my legs thru but slowly. 

Brillo is always saying to slide both beds together against one wall if you are solo. I might if I ever book these again. I hated this set up. I book a little of everything so dont book these often. Too tight imo. 

They exist but not every interior cabins have them… if there is a virtual balcony in the room, you for sure won’t have a sofa unless its Quantum Class… generally large interiors will all have a full sofa. Most will have a love seat designed for 2. If seating area is important, I’d go with a promenade view rooms as they have a sofa and additional seating right by the window.  

39 minutes ago, SkaterJasp said:

They exist but not every interior cabins have them… if there is a virtual balcony in the room, you for sure won’t have a sofa unless its Quantum Class… generally large interiors will all have a full sofa. Most will have a love seat designed for 2. If seating area is important, I’d go with a promenade view rooms as they have a sofa and additional seating right by the window.  

Those are nice rooms but only allow for 2 people usually.
I like to lay on the couch and watch tv late at night before bed.  I'm not one who likes to lay on the bed as a coach.   I was curious as the pictures always show a big couch but I don't usually see them

24 minutes ago, codeyell0 said:

Those are nice rooms but only allow for 2 people usually.
I like to lay on the couch and watch tv late at night before bed.  I'm not one who likes to lay on the bed as a coach.   I was curious as the pictures always show a big couch but I don't usually see them

The picture you posted looks most likely a Voyager or Freedom class ship and the angle that the photo is taken make the love seat sofa look bigger than it is… there are some love seats that are slightly longer but it’s not as long as the couch you would get in the spacious oceanview or balcony rooms. Promenade View Interiors has the largest couch / sofa of the interior rooms on Voyager / Freedom class ships….

Oasis and Quantum Class ships do have large / spacious interior rooms with the large couches that you are thinking of that you can lay down on.