Tested positive today, sail the 11th

Hope you test negative in time, but just as a reference point, for a Monday sailing, you have to submit a CWC cancellation request online before 11:59PM on Friday July 8 in order to get an FCC for the cruise, so I would test early on Friday just in case you are still positive.

Edited by orville99

6 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Hope you test negative in time, but just as a reference point, for a Monday sailing, you have to submit a CWC cancellation request online before 11:59PM on Friday July 8 in order to get an FCC for the cruise, so I would test early on Friday just in case you are still positive.

If they test positive they will get a full refund

5 minutes ago, orville99 said:

If you test positive you don't have to notify within 48 hrs.   You can notify them anytime prior to cruise and pretty sure you will receive cash refund.   

5 minutes ago, molly361 said:

If they test positive they will get a full refund

Do they have to go to the port to do that or is there a way to do it online? I looked but I couldn’t find anything that made any sense.

39 minutes ago, ShrinkinTexas said:

Hopefully, will test negative by the 9th, but if not, a letter of recovery won't work since it has to be 11 days out, right???

Did you request Paxlovid from your MD? DH tested negative on day 8 from his symptom onset and began Paxlovid on day 2

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If you test positive you don't have to notify within 48 hrs.   You can notify them anytime prior to cruise and pretty sure you will receive cash refund.   

Not sure how to do that remotely, but was really just pointing out that the 48 hour CWC clock does not include the day of sailing.

Just now, AlohaLivin said:

Did you request Paxlovid from your MD? DH tested negative on day 8 from his symptom onset and began Paxlovid on day 2

DW tested negative two days after finishing her Paxlovid treatments and then tested positive again three days later, and was positive for another five days. I would recommend your husband test again if he still has any lingering symptoms.

• Thanks 1

If you answer the pre-cruise health questionnaire honestly, you will be denied boarding regardless if you test negative on the 9th, 10th, or 11th.

"In the last 10 days, have you tested positive for COVID-19 or have you been told that you are positive for COVID-19?"

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Do they have to go to the port to do that or is there a way to do it online? I looked but I couldn’t find anything that made any sense.

When I tested positive in May my TA called Royal and I got a full refund  I assume that he sent them a copy of my positive test but I never asked him

Edited by molly361
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, orville99 said:

You contact the person you booked with whether royal or a ta.  Make sure you get a non home test to show negative, they may require you to submit it and a home test unless proctored would not work.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, orville99 said:

DW tested negative two days after finishing her Paxlovid treatments and then tested positive again three days later, and was positive for another five days. I would recommend your husband test again if he still has any lingering symptoms.

Of course, I was only describing our own experience and that Paxlovid can shorten the time span. Seemed reasonable to ask

3 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

You contact the person you booked with whether royal or a ta.  Make sure you get a non home test to show negative, they may require you to submit it and a home test unless proctored would not work.

I think you mean positive.

20 minutes ago, orville99 said:

This link explains what is needed in the footnote.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-i-test-positive-for-sars-cov-2-what-is-your-refund-policy-and-costs-covered

• Like 1

If you cruise frequently or intend to reschedule this cruise in the near future, it would be a good idea to get a PCR test showing a positive result now.  If you are one of the people who will test positive for a while (up to 90 days), that test and a Certificate of Recovery will get you on a ship, and can be used instead of a negative test for up to 90 days.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I read that, but it really doesn't explain when, where, or how, just what document is needed to qualify for a refund. 

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I read that, but it really doesn't explain when, where, or how, just what document is needed to qualify for a refund. 

Not sure what else you need.  You test positive, you call and cancel, they tell you where to send proof, they send refund.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/covid-19-cancellations-and-refunds-policy.pdf

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Not sure what else you need.  You test positive, you call and cancel, they tell you where to send proof, they send refund.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/covid-19-cancellations-and-refunds-policy.pdf

Don't disagree, but nothing exists in any of their documents is what you stated as the process. Wouldn't it be nice if they actually laid out the process as clearly as you did.