No more covid testing required on one Carnival line

11 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

You get upset when I doubt what others post.

You have totally ignored my question as to why you are always referring to $25 cruises, and then answer were there ever such cruises.

I now totally give up on you.

• Haha 2

Well, I do have a $25 offer

48-Hour Guests Sail From $25 Sale

Sail 2 guests, bring up to 3 more guests from just $25 per person when we pick your interior room

Edited by BlerkOne

On 7/5/2022 at 1:30 PM, BlerkOne said:

What has to end is the $25 cruise, not the testing. But if people are too cheap to pay for testing for a $25 cruise, Carnival doesn't need them. Carnival needs people with money to spend.

So you believe Carnival is offering these ridiculous offers out of the goodness of their heart?  And you believe they could charge more, and get the pax #'s they desire?  Hate to break it to ya, but they've got plenty of experience in their marketing schemes....probably wouldn't bother sending them your resume.

Edited by bucfan2

18 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

So you believe Carnival is offering these ridiculous offers out of the goodness of their heart?  And you believe they could charge more, and get the pax #'s they desire?  Hate to break it to ya, but they've got plenty of experience in their marketing schemes....probably wouldn't bother sending them your resume.

I think those are coming to a crashing halt. Carnival seems to have all the passengers they need.

And as much as Carnival needs me, I won't bother. I'm retired and loving it.

On 7/5/2022 at 9:05 AM, Hoosierpop said:

I have two cruises scheduled, one in 23 and one in 24 and those are ones that had credits to be used up post covid. Once those are in the books, we have decided not to book any more cruises until things are back to "normal"

Interesting...You dont think things will be back to normal before 2024?

10 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

That’s weird because that’s not my quote. But in regards to that, we have 3 cruises booked right now. We will see how things plan out with testing. The whole issue of testing positive before cruises doesn’t affect us all that much since I’m retired and can just switch. But I wouldn’t be cruising if I were working and had to plan around a vacation schedule. I think things will get back to normal long before 2024 because Covid is here, it’s not going away, it’s not that deadly, so let’s end this theater.

Edited by Hoosierpop

2 minutes ago, Hoosierpop said:

That’s weird because that’s not my quote. But in regards to that, we have 3 cruises booked right now. We will see how things plan out with testing. The whole issue of testing positive before cruises doesn’t affect us all that much since I’m retired and can just switch. But I wouldn’t be cruising if I were working and had to plan around a vacation schedule. I think things will get back to normal long before 2024 because Covid is here, it’s not going away, it’s not that deadly, so let’s end this theater.

oh darnit i keep forgetting about quoting something someone else has already quoted cause it reverts to the user doing the quoting and not the user he was quoting lol.  Sorry Hoosier it was from a post you quoted and meant for them not you

On 7/5/2022 at 8:36 AM, dltvermont said:

I have two cruises scheduled, one in 23 and one in 24 and those are ones that had credits to be used up post covid. Once those are in the books, we have decided not to book any more cruises until things are back to "normal". We will do AI's instead. Will miss cruising but it is what it is.

most of the islands require these test to allow the ships to dock.  can handle an outbreak in the states but we are stretched thin when we get a spike. imagine these small islands with much less resources . so until they change that the cruise lines are stuck. you will just be doing cruises to nowhere. I'm ok with just cruising but most people want to explore these islands. 

1 hour ago, Buckeyefrank100 said:

I thought there already was one..... oh yeah, it doesn't work.

Never has been one - the vaccines in use today were designed for the original virus and none of the variants. But fear not - one is being worked on with your tax dollars.

15 hours ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

Not sure they will ever stop testing. Too much easy money to be made from a large variety of people. I can't see them giving it up. I am not talking about Carnival. 

Confused on you saying Too much money to be made. By whom? I get tested at Walgreens and my Humana insurance covers it. Testing is not a problem unless it comes back positive. I do not see the cruise lines making money on testing. 

MIAMI -- Norwegian Cruise Line is dropping a requirement that passengers test negative for COVID-19 before sailing unless it is required by local rules.

The company said Wednesday that it will drop the testing requirement Aug. 1 except on ships sailing from places with local testing rules, including in the United States, Canada, Bermuda and Greece.

The above is from July 8 ABC news. If NCL is successful, Carnival will do it shortly thereafter.

The CDC presently lists all Carnival ships as code orange (0.3% positive testing for Covid).  That is 6 infections for each 2000 passengers ( I am not looking at crew for the moment).    

1 hour ago, lostsoulcruiser said:

The above is from July 8 ABC news. If NCL is successful, Carnival will do it shortly thereafter.

Neither one in the US for some time.

1 hour ago, lostsoulcruiser said:

The CDC presently lists all Carnival ships as code orange (0.3% positive testing for Covid).  That is 6 infections for each 2000 passengers ( I am not looking at crew for the moment).    

0.3% MINIMUM. and doncha know Orange is the new Yellow? CDC flipped the colors.

^ The “Orange” and “Yellow” ship colors were reversed for the COVID-19 program to go in a more logical color order.

5 hours ago, lostsoulcruiser said:

MIAMI -- Norwegian Cruise Line is dropping a requirement that passengers test negative for COVID-19 before sailing unless it is required by local rules.

The company said Wednesday that it will drop the testing requirement Aug. 1 except on ships sailing from places with local testing rules, including in the United States, Canada, Bermuda and Greece.

NCL succeeded at nothing.  Their policy change had no impact to any cruise leaving from north America.

13 hours ago, ray98 said:

NCL succeeded at nothing.  Their policy change had no impact to any cruise leaving from north America.

221 of their 478 future cruises no longer require testing as of 8/1. I'd hardly consider that "succeeded at nothing".

• Like 1