So disappointed with Royal Caribbean

8 hours ago, tennislvr8 said:

Yes tell them they won’t see me, not a fan. Cats is almost as bad as that abomination on anthem (not queen). Could you post the entertainment schedule if you have it please, thanks. 

IMG_20220707_073135561.thumb.jpg.63f7e7ad9a17958ec347002455a86d9b.jpgIMG_20220707_073122516.thumb.jpg.edc49dfe150e7d2b00531418547555ec.jpg

11 hours ago, soremekun said:

Ah, so it has been neutered?

That reminds me, there was going to be a musical called 'Dogs'. After the first rehearsal of the routine called fleas, they scratched it.

• Haha 7

I'm sailing on Oasis on 7/15, a cruise I'm taking that I have rescheduled a couple times.  First, due to Covid, second due to having to care for a dying cat who passed away the week we would have sailed (Mid-May).  No disrespect to the production and this was nobody's fault but there's no way I'm going to put up with my wife balling her eyes out for an entire evening because of a theatre show lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't get all the drama over a show.  So you don't like it, that's fine.  Why there are so many threads about not liking it is beyond me.  I don't like bingo.  You know what?  I don't go.  I don't like art auctions.  You know what?  I don't go.  I'm not interested in dance classes.  You know what?  I don't go.  

• Like 7

1 minute ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

I don't get all the drama over a show.  So you don't like it, that's fine.  Why there are so many threads about not liking it is beyond me.  I don't like bingo.  You know what?  I don't go.  I don't like art auctions.  You know what?  I don't go.  I'm not interested in dance classes.  You know what?  I don't go.  

You don't like posts complaining about shows.  You know what?  You don't have to go (to the thread).  😄 

• Haha 8

10 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

I think this post is meant to be a little satire.  It's also a running joke on the ship.  The crew even joke about it, because it's very common that people don't like it, but I mean, come on, it's Cats.  It's all in good fun.

Also, edited to say, it's not unreasonable to enjoy going to see the production shows, but not like every single production.  And again, come on, it's Cats...

Edited by spsarrocco

10 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

I keep punishing myself each cruise by giving Spectra's Cabaret another chance.  😞

But I do enjoy WWRY every time.

I watched Spectra 5 out of 7 times I was on Anthem!

I only go when Terry is performing.

12 hours ago, soremekun said:

I will never watch this show again.

You know what I felt the same way about Mama Mia.  But we got up and walked out and went out on deck to watch a really good show...SUNSET!  Different strokes for different folks.  We don't cruise for the shows at all, wouldn't matter if there weren't any at all.  It's the Ocean we're after, all the side stuff is salad.  The only thing I'd ever miss is the Ice show.

• Like 2

My favorite by ALW is absolutely Jesus Christ, Superstar, but I know that they will never put that one on a ship.  Too controversial.  But I know the entire score almost by heart.  Once that music starts rolling through my head, it is impossible to get out.  And OBTW, it has started.... 🎵 ...I don't know how to looooove him...🎵

• Like 2

We heard bad things about Cats before we went to see it on Oasis.

Yes, plot is a plot... but they performed amazingly I thought. Really talented group.

I did not see people leaving theater.

Anyway, Oasis has so many choices in entertainment! I cannot imagine people being disappointed.

Just now, Tatka said:

I watched Spectra 5 out of 7 times I was on Anthem!

I only go when Terry is performing.

Terry is better than the others, but IMO, it's still just a bunch of jumping and noise.

It was a little more interesting pre-COVID when they had the aerial acts. 

1 minute ago, RFerrington said:

My favorite by ALW is absolutely Jesus Christ, Superstar, but I know that they will never put that one on a ship.  Too controversial.  But I know the entire score almost by heart.  Once that music starts rolling through my head, it is impossible to get out.  And OBTW, it has started.... 🎵 ...I don't know how to looooove him...🎵

We watched in Moscow (Russia) in 90-s in Kremlin. 🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

You know what I felt the same way about Mama Mia.  But we got up and walked out and went out on deck to watch a really good show...SUNSET!  Different strokes for different folks.  We don't cruise for the shows at all, wouldn't matter if there weren't any at all.  It's the Ocean we're after, all the side stuff is salad.  The only thing I'd ever miss is the Ice show.

Loved Mamma Mia on Allure in 2016. It was better than on Broadway.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

🎶what’s the buzz? Tell me what’s a happenin? What’s the buzz?🎶.

Was in a production at the historic (for CT) Warner Theater in 1986.  Just the best!!

Edited by poocher
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tatka said:

Loved Mamma Mia on Allure in 2016. It was better than on Broadway.

We saw the first 20 minutes on Allure last September.  It's just not my thing although I am an ABBA fan entirely...just don't like the story line.  To be perfectly honest the only show we love is the skate show and we loved the ABACADABRA ABBA tribute show.  We skip most of the production shows except any that have the aerial acts. I love the Vegas Cirque shows.  Oh and we once saw the Texas Tenors..loved that one too.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

If you're old enough to remember Alice Cooper, do a youtube search of him as King Herod.... it is the John Legend version of JCS from a few years ago.   Amazing performance of my favorite song in the show.

Edited by vjmatty
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

The production shows on Empress, Majesty, Monarch, Sovereign, Legend, Splendour, Rhapsody, Enchantment, Grandeur, Vision, Radiance, Brilliance, Jewel, Serenade, Voyager, Explorer, Adventure, Navigator, Mariner, Freedom, Independence, Liberty.

What is the plot?

Less than Cats.  Less talent on stage, and more cringe worthy than even Cats.  🤣

jc

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

I don’t go to those too.  

43 minutes ago, spsarrocco said:

I think this post is meant to be a little satire.  It's also a running joke on the ship.  The crew even joke about it, because it's very common that people don't like it, but I mean, come on, it's Cats.  It's all in good fun.

Also, edited to say, it's not unreasonable to enjoy going to see the production shows, but not like every single production.  And again, come on, it's Cats...

Having read the OP’s posts in the past, I am pretty sure you are correct.

39 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Yes, When the touring company came to our local performing arts hall many moons ago, and the guy who played Jesus in the movie was doing the lead, the locals were a bit unprepared for a rock concert with the topics displayed the way it is.  The DW and I were laughing.  

I, personally, prefer the original London production of it and Evita to the movie versions and even to the very good Broadway versions.  So, give me Deep Purple and Murray Head every time.  🤣

jc

• Like 1