What do you consider a “good deal” on a non-alcoholic refreshment package?

We don’t sail on the Navigator of the Seas until May 2023, so I’m not sure if it’s too soon to purchase our Refreshment Packages. (Non-alcoholic).  Right now they’re $22.99 a day per person.  Is that considered a good deal?  I don’t want to jump on it if there’s a chance there’s a better promo down the line.  I thought I read where you can buy it and if a better price comes along, cancel it and buy the cheaper deal up until a certain date.  Any thoughts from people who have bought these non-alcoholic packages and what I might expect in the way of a good deal?  I realize that even $22.99 isn’t bad since we love those mock tails and milkshakes.  Day and night. ☺️

I think I saw it around $18 around Black Friday sales last year for my Radiance cruise.  I had to keep telling myself that I wouldn’t drink over $100 of refreshments in a week.  

If if there is a price you are willing to pay, I would purchase and then cancel if there comes a lower price.  It’s the best way to lock in your price.  

I am sailing radiance again in 2023 and have already cancelled/rebooked internet for my dad for a good savings.  

$18 was always the best price I saw in the last couple of years. For the Wonder TA, it was most of the time much higher, but recently, it came down to $18 as well and that's when I bought it. Still expensive for 14 nights, but then I can get a fresh orange juice in the morning, later a Starbucks specialty coffee from Cafe Promenade, then some soda from the Freestyle machines during the day, a malted shake from Johnny Rockets in the afternoon or for the Aqua show and some more sodas for dinner and of course some mocktails from the Bionic Bar or any other bar, that should help me break even.

With all the inflation going on these days... If the set price you see on your planner is good enough, go for it. If a better price shows off, cancel and purchase at better price. One or the other way, you'll lock your price as it was on your booking day. Expensive? Sort of. But considering the inclusions versus the prices that an individual drink will have onboard in a year's term, it might even to be a bargain, because it includes pretty much everything non alcoholic sold aboard except for a limited number of the Spa bar drinks menu items and the Starbucks kiosks on the larger ships. Yeah: From a freshly squeezed OJ by the morning to a mocktail elsewhere, sodas, bottled water, specialty coffees, the Koke machines... The possibilities are nearly infinite!...

Seems like $22.99 is the new lowest non-Black-Friday rate.

Pre-pandemic it was common to see $19.99 for the refreshment package as the lowest non-Black-Friday price, but I haven't seen that on my cruises this year,  nor have I seen anyone report that price other than those who can wait for Black Friday. 

If I were you I'd buy it at $23, then if the Black Friday sale is better, cancel and rebook. I wouldn't wait to purchase until Black Friday because it seems too possible that the base prices will go up again before then. It may end up that $25 becomes the new lowest price, and $23 is what you'll get for Black Friday. Who knows. 

• Like 3

I have only been watching for about six months now but $22.99 seemed to be the lowest price.  I would say grab it and then if it suits you, check out the black friday sale to see if it is cheaper.  It's never a problem to cancel and rebook.  

For our brilliance cruise in Aug this year the refreshment package seems to be around £24 a day. Every two weeks it drops to £18 a day for a few days and then back up £24. We managed to get it after xmas for £13, but it was only on sale for a few days and haven't seen that price since.  As others have said you can buy it now and cancel/rebook during black fri/cyber mon, which i think is around the end of nov. 

Thanks, everyone!   So if I buy the package now on sale, they charge my card, right?  And if I find a cheaper price before the cut-off window, there’s a place to hit Cancel and then go back and re-purchase the lower priced package?  The credit will show up on our statement within a week or so?   It seems so early to buy this before our cruise next May of 2023, so I keep thinking they’ll have a similar sale before then…but I understand in today’s economy, who knows!  Thanks again. 

Edited by Linsifer
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Linsifer said:

So if I buy the package now on sale, they charge my card, right?  And if I find a cheaper price before the cut-off window, there’s a place to hit Cancel and then go back and re-purchase the lower priced package?  The credit will show up on our statement within a week or so?

Yes, yes and maybe.

On 7/15/2022 at 11:46 AM, ARandomTraveler said:

Seems like $22.99 is the new lowest non-Black-Friday rate.

Pre-pandemic it was common to see $19.99 for the refreshment package as the lowest non-Black-Friday price, but I haven't seen that on my cruises this year,  nor have I seen anyone report that price other than those who can wait for Black Friday. 

If I were you I'd buy it at $23, then if the Black Friday sale is better, cancel and rebook. I wouldn't wait to purchase until Black Friday because it seems too possible that the base prices will go up again before then. It may end up that $25 becomes the new lowest price, and $23 is what you'll get for Black Friday. Who knows. 

This. I can’t drink due to medical things, so always get this. Last year, Black Friday had 18. I have gotten it as low as $20, but $23 is pretty solid, especially since you can always refund and repurchase.

On 7/15/2022 at 3:33 AM, Linsifer said:

We don’t sail on the Navigator of the Seas until May 2023, so I’m not sure if it’s too soon to purchase our Refreshment Packages. (Non-alcoholic).  Right now they’re $22.99 a day per person.  Is that considered a good deal?  I don’t want to jump on it if there’s a chance there’s a better promo down the line.  I thought I read where you can buy it and if a better price comes along, cancel it and buy the cheaper deal up until a certain date.  Any thoughts from people who have bought these non-alcoholic packages and what I might expect in the way of a good deal?  I realize that even $22.99 isn’t bad since we love those mock tails and milkshakes.  Day and night. ☺️

13 hours ago, CatLadyFemme said:

This. I can’t drink due to medical things, so always get this. Last year, Black Friday had 18. I have gotten it as low as $20, but $23 is pretty solid, especially since you can always refund and repurchase.

I would pay that.  Seems like a good deal.  If prices decrease, you can cancel and rebook.  We buy that package and since we are diamond members, get four free alcoholic drinks a day which is plenty for us.

• Like 1

Get it.  I've been looking and they're $30 per day.  You can always cancel and rebook before the cruise if if goes lower than #23.99.  I've burned myself a few times and have learned my lesson.  Enjoy. 🧉

On 7/17/2022 at 11:33 AM, Linsifer said:

Thanks, everyone!   So if I buy the package now on sale, they charge my card, right?  And if I find a cheaper price before the cut-off window, there’s a place to hit Cancel and then go back and re-purchase the lower priced package?  The credit will show up on our statement within a week or so?   It seems so early to buy this before our cruise next May of 2023, so I keep thinking they’ll have a similar sale before then…but I understand in today’s economy, who knows!  Thanks again. 

I had originally purchased the soda package but after reading your post I called in and canceled the soda package. I then purchased the Refreshment Package at the rate that you had asked about.  They will refund my credit card the amount that I had paid for the soda package and they immediately charged me for the Refreshment Package.  Thanks for your post, OP!  

• Like 2

On 7/18/2022 at 10:58 AM, feelingnauti said:

I got it for $17 per day for our upcoming Voyager of the Seas cruise in September during the black Friday sale. That's the best price I've ever paid. 

And I thought the $23 price was good.  Good for you!

On 7/18/2022 at 10:37 AM, twins_to_alaska said:

I had for $16.99/day in May but figured afterwards I just broke even so would have to be cheaper for me to get again. I drink a lot of tap water and thought the free lemonade tasty.

I get for the fresh squeezed orange juice and specialty coffees. We bring a bottle of champagne and enjoy mimosas on the balcony. 

• Like 1