Will Carnival hang dry laundry?

Kristy19

1 hour ago, Kristy19 said:

I have used Carnivals laundry in the past for basics like socks and shorts but not for any other items.  I hang dry most of my clothing at home.  Will Carnival do this upon request?

No. However you might ask them not to dry your laundry and hang them in the shower. I really do not think they will do that. many wash there own in the sink.

7 hours ago, Kristy19 said:

I have used Carnivals laundry in the past for basics like socks and shorts but not for any other items.  I hang dry most of my clothing at home.  Will Carnival do this upon request?

Yes they will.21j5sa.jpg.22160472d106b7499e46727c3ff7ec93.jpg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, PekingeseLady said:

I like to write cold water and cool dry. Come out much better then the hot/ hot they normally use, lol

2 hours ago, Laurab23 said:

But are they really doing that?

Laura

1 hour ago, PekingeseLady said:

I thought that they did. Someone else had told me that on another post, and I tried it. Definitely noticed a difference. 

No, all laundry is washed in hot water.  Your clothes is washed in vats with other people's underwear and cold water would not sanitize.  Yes, your steward will nod and agree but they have no ability to override protocols.   

• Like 3

On 7/16/2022 at 9:24 PM, Elaine5715 said:

No, all laundry is washed in hot water.  Your clothes is washed in vats with other people's underwear and cold water would not sanitize.  Yes, your steward will nod and agree but they have no ability to override protocols.   

While I agree that they are all being washing in hot water, they are NOT in vats with other people's clothing.  How would anyone in the crew be able to sort out which undies go to which guest if they washed everything together.  Separate, but only in hot water.

Just now, TerReuv said:

While I agree that they are all being washing in hot water, they are NOT in vats with other people's clothing.  How would anyone in the crew be able to sort out which undies go to which guest if they washed everything together.  Separate, but only in hot water.

Guest laundry is put into tagged bags and all those bags are put into massive machines, not single load machines.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Guest laundry is put into tagged bags and all those bags are put into massive machines, not single load machines.

I agree.

In the old days, pre-covid, we were able to have "Behind the Scene" tours and they showed us how the guest laundry is done. Has to be on hot to sanitise.  Colours, black ,white all in together.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Elaine5715 said:

That makes much more sense.  I am guessing like the lingerie bags.  Thanks!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TerReuv said:

That makes much more sense.  I am guessing like the lingerie bags.  Thanks!

Yes and sometimes you can see them if you are in the hallways at the right times, you'll see the laundry crew pushing carts with the bags in them - a lot like lingerie bags.

• Like 1

I send my laundry out but not those items I want to hang dry.  Those I go to the laundry room and wash myself and then hang them in the shower.  It would be nice to ask to have clothes returned to hang dry, but I just don't see that happening.  Now ships like Mardi Gras does not even have laundry facilities.