New to Celebrity

krkheffe

We are going on our first Celebrity cruise in September.  I was wondering if you could order more than 1 appetizer or main dish from the menu in the dining room.  My husband likes to order 2 sometimes and try them both so just wondering how that works.  Thank you!!

Yes, definitely you can order more than one appetiser and Entree from the MDR menu.

A few years ago the menu had Appetisers, then Salads, followed by Entrees. It was the norm to order from each section. This was merged into just Appetisers and Entrees, but many still want the extra course and choice. Order what you want, and as many as you want. 😁

Edited by laslomas
  • Like 1

Absolutely yes! We ordered two most nights. Out of the five in our group, two of us seemed to order the shrimp cocktail plus one other item every night. One night we didn’t order anything except the shrimp cocktail and the waiter brought us two of them. Lol.

• Like 1

I’ve at times just got appetizers. And other times I see an extra entree I want to try. Not prob at all. 

our waitstaff encouraged our 14yr old to try things and were ready to bring her something else if she didn’t like it. She tried escargot and loved it!  

den 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, krkheffe said:

We are going on our first Celebrity cruise in September.  I was wondering if you could order more than 1 appetizer or main dish from the menu in the dining room.  My husband likes to order 2 sometimes and try them both so just wondering how that works.  Thank you!!

Yes and, although not on the menue, you can order extra vegetables to go with the mains. Plus as many desserts as you like. 

• Like 2

If you are sharing a table with strangers it is good to ask the waiter not to hold up their entree  if you are ordering more than one appetizer. Not fun to sit there wanting your meal and having to wait.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

43 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

If you are sharing a table with strangers it is good to ask the waiter not to hold up their entree  if you are ordering more than one appetizer. Not fun to sit there wanting your meal and having to wait.w

We always share and had not given that much thought. Interestingly however I have noticed the waiter somehow arranges the serving so I finish my second starter at the same time as the boss finishes her first. Will have to watch more closely to see how they achieve this. A bit like trying work out how they always serve the right meal to the right person. On one "memorable" occasion a number of us swopped places between the starters and the entrees. The waiter still served the entrees correctly and laughing said "that doesn't work". The Matre D watched on and simply added " it's the training". Oh we do love Celebrity the perfect match of great service without the stuffiness and a little humour thrown in.

• Like 2

One of the things I occasionally do is ask for whatever the pasta main dish is for the evening as my appetizer.  I'm a pasta person and really enjoy the appetizer size portion before my main dish.  Celebrity's crew is more than happy to provide whatever you'd like to order.

ENJOY!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, gold1953 said:

If you are sharing a table with strangers it is good to ask the waiter not to hold up their entree  if you are ordering more than one appetizer. Not fun to sit there wanting your meal and having to wait.

Amen to that! On our last cruise, we spent almost as much time waiting for the others at our table to finish their "seconds" as we did eating. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, roupa said:

If there is a chilled (fruit) soup as a starter, I often ask to have it for dessert.

BTW… we switched seats at our table one time too… did not fool the waitstaff!  

We were seated at a table for 8 on one of our cruises. Nobody every joined us, so every night we moved one seat over. The waitstaff never even blinked. 

On 7/22/2022 at 1:35 AM, krkheffe said:

No limits other than your own. No matter the course. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, patty1955 said:

Amen to that! On our last cruise, we spent almost as much time waiting for the others at our table to finish their "seconds" as we did eating. 

We nearly fainted from hunger when we shared a table with a slow eating, nonstop talker who ordered at least 3 apps. Our beleaguered waiter was following protocol by not serving our dinners until this woman had finished the apps. He was relieved when I asked him to please proceed with the rest of the meal for the rest of us!

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

We nearly fainted from hunger when we shared a table with a slow eating, nonstop talker who ordered at least 3 apps. Our beleaguered waiter was following protocol by not serving our dinners until this woman had finished the apps. He was relieved when I asked him to please proceed with the rest of the meal for the rest of us!

In similar circumstances (appalling table manners) we politely asked the Host not to seat the passenger on our table again and told her why. Her response was interesting. She said she had similar requests for the previous 3 days but none of the other passengers would tell her why. Now that she knew she would take action and that passenger would in future be seated alone. There is no need to suffer in silence and no need to make a scene, just a quiet word and most situations can be resolved. 

• Like 1