Royal up emailed me

Royal Up emailed me yesterday about our upcoming Adventure OTS cruise next week. It said 

We have reviewed the RoyalUp bids for your upcoming sailing onboard Adventure of the Seas®, and while we have not selected your offer yet, the team onboard the ship may choose it for upgrade based on availability at departure time

Anyone get this before? Does this kinda mean we are gonna win this bid? Good news? 

Thanks for any help. 

We are currently on Mariner, and people received RoyalUP wins after they had boarded and their luggage was delivered to their original stateroom. They had to re pack so the stewards could move them to their new cabins.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bajathree said:

Sounds to me like what they are saying is while you didn't win you're Royal Up bid.....there still may be a last minute chance for your upgrade if some cabins open up on boarding day from no shows.

Thanks, really hoping we get this. Its for the 2 bedroom Grand Suite and it was for just slightly over minimum bid. That would be weird to be on the way to the cruise terminal and our cabin category was changed, kinda cool actually. At that point our luggage tags would be for the wrong room. This would be some surprise. Thanks again. 

Just now, orville99 said:

We are currently on Mariner, and people received RoyalUP wins after they had boarded and their luggage was delivered to their original stateroom. They had to re pack so the stewards could move them to their new cabins.

Wow! That's crazy and kinda cool. I like the big surprise. Thanks for the info. 

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

That's the first I have heard of this.  May want to delay unpacking if this starts to happen

• Like 2

Hello,

I said back in June that when I enquired on board Anthem,  Guest Relations said  you could not know for sure whether you had been upgraded (or not) until 2 hours after departure. It sounds as if that was not a 'one-off'.

Regards,

Cublet

3 hours ago, JAMESCC said:

Thanks, really hoping we get this. Its for the 2 bedroom Grand Suite and it was for just slightly over minimum bid. That would be weird to be on the way to the cruise terminal and our cabin category was changed, kinda cool actually. At that point our luggage tags would be for the wrong room. This would be some surprise. Thanks again. 

This must be something new. My guess would be that you’re next in line in the event the 2br GS cancels last minute or is a no show. 

2 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I said back in June that when I enquired on board Anthem,  Guest Relations said  you could not know for sure whether you had been upgraded (or not) until 2 hours after departure. It sounds as if that was not a 'one-off'.

Regards,

Cublet

Yeah, it says that in the Royal UP email that I submitted in late April.

You will be notified on the final status of your upgrade up to day of your sailing, so please check your email up until the time of departure that day. If you do not receive any communication by 2 hours after sailing, your cabin has not been upgraded.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JAMESCC said:

Royal Up emailed me yesterday about our upcoming Adventure OTS cruise next week. It said 

We have reviewed the RoyalUp bids for your upcoming sailing onboard Adventure of the Seas®, and while we have not selected your offer yet, the team onboard the ship may choose it for upgrade based on availability at departure time

Anyone get this before? Does this kinda mean we are gonna win this bid? Good news? 

Thanks for any help. 

I don’t know enough about RoyalUp but I’m curious if RCL marketing is sending these emails to try to get people to pump up the bids between now and sail date, assuming you are still allowed to increase the bids.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cublet said:

It sounds as if that was not a 'one-off'.

Maybe not, but so rare that compared to the hundreds or maybe thousands of denials, it's close to one-off. If it was happening with any kind of regularity, folks would have reported it here more. We still don't have a direct report of one.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Maybe not, but so rare that compared to the hundreds or maybe thousands of denials, it's close to one-off. If it was happening with any kind of regularity, folks would have reported it here more. We still don't have a direct report of one.

Listen to the end of the review and he describes how he learned of his Royal Up on board.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Listen to the end of the review and he describes how he learned of his Royal Up on board.

Again, a direct report of a CC poster that can be trusted and has all of the details of what happened.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

😂 not sure why this guy would lie about something like that

Not saying he's lying, but would be nice to have a CC poster provide all of the details. Also, it could be that this is the start of a new trend or changes of how they are handled. We already have a noticeable change recently with the status of the bids. Maybe now we will get more reports of this happening.

• Like 1

I would like to know if bids can be modified or canceled at embarkation time.  I do not want to get unpacked and settled in and then have to move during dinner or the evening.  It doesn’t seem fair to be unable to cancel your bid but still not know if you are going to be a last-minute upgrade.  

• Like 1

On 7/24/2022 at 8:18 PM, ZoeyVictoria said:

I would like to know if bids can be modified or canceled at embarkation time.  I do not want to get unpacked and settled in and then have to move during dinner or the evening.  It doesn’t seem fair to be unable to cancel your bid but still not know if you are going to be a last-minute upgrade.  

It says you can cancel your bid at anytime if you don't want to be moved on Embarkation day. That was interesting. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/24/2022 at 5:14 AM, JAMESCC said:

Thanks for any help. 

We got that e act same email for our Navigator sailing last week and no upgrade. Intetestingly, while in line in a shop the lady in front of me said she was buying things since she did not get  her 2 bedroom upgrade. My email was also for the 2 bedroom g.s.

On 7/25/2022 at 1:18 AM, ZoeyVictoria said:

We've decided to cancel our Royal Up bid sometime during the week before we cruise as we would rather know when we board which cabin we will be in. We have 19 days to go......

• Like 2

Have to agree with you....dont like the idea that you may not be notified till the evening of embarkation...I wouldn't want to have to repack and move once settled in.

• Like 1

I just received the same email. It says that bids can be modified or canceled up to 2 hours before departure. 

Royal Caribbean International
Royal Caribbean International
ONBOARD UPGRADE REVIEW

We have reviewed the RoyalUp bids for your upcoming sailing onboard Mariner of the Seas®, and while we have not selected your offer yet, the team onboard the ship may choose it for upgrade based on availability at departure time.

You will be able to modify or cancel your bid(s) up to 2 hours before departure on embarkation date. If you do not receive any communication by departure time, your cabin has not been upgraded.