Ruined.

chromered7

We have recently got back from our Italy, Croatia and Greece cruise on Celebrity Reflection as Aft Suite guest’s and it has totally ruined how we want to cruise in the future. The level of service has been the best we have ever experienced and the commitment from all the of the staff has been amazing. Our embarkation was seamless and being directed to the VIP Lounge for Champagne set the tone for the whole cruise. A big thanks to all the crew and staff for making this an unforgettable cruise.

• Like 34
  • Thanks 7

I must say you drew me in with your TITLE;  I immediately thought...oh no, another slam thread. I had just finished discussing with DH how social media, with its anonymity, has been creating a nasty element on CC.  It is SO NICE to read a positive post. 

Very happy you enjoyed your cruise.  Celebrity has been our 'go to' for many cruises as, like you, our first sailing with them (after many other cruise lines) was such an enjoyable experience. 

Edited by Oceangoer2
  • Like 14
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, chromered7 said:

We have recently got back from our Italy, Croatia and Greece cruise on Celebrity Reflection as Aft Suite guest’s and it has totally ruined how we want to cruise in the future. The level of service has been the best we have ever experienced and the commitment from all the of the staff has been amazing. Our embarkation was seamless and being directed to the VIP Lounge for Champagne set the tone for the whole cruise. A big thanks to all the crew and staff for making this an unforgettable cruise.

Thank you for your post, VERY refreshing and wonderful that you had such a good experience.  I am expecting the same in Oct when I sail on EDGE.  Unfortunately, it seems that many, obviously not all, the only time they come here is to go on a rant and then about some of the smallest things.  More people should take the few minutes time it takes, as you did for your cruise, it goes a long way.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Unfortunately, it seems that many, obviously not all, the only time they come here is to go on a rant and then about some of the smallest things.

You couldn't mean 3 pages of  'where/when to put on your luggage tags'??  LOL.  I expect you'll enjoy your Edge cruise...a beautiful ship on a wonderful itinerary.  OP may have set the tone for more upbeat commentary.

Edited by Oceangoer2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Glad to hear of your experience.  Bodes well for this Fall.

We have also booked a Reflection aft (corner) S1 for daughter and SIL for 31 October.  Daughter has cruised in an M class corner FV (spoiled her with that .. she thinks every veranda should be that huge).  SIL is a cruise virgin.  So we'll likely ruin them both with this one.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, lovrccl said:

It's true once you do a suite you are hooked!  

Noooooo!!! I booked a Sky Suite for the 1st time on a TA because of the number of Sea Days, and This is exactly what I was worried about!!!

We booked Oceanview on our initial cruises, then Celebrity offered us a Balcony for ‘a few more bucks’ and of course, never went back….which was the point.

Oh well. We needed a negative, whiny post on this otherwise nice, positive thread or the monitors will close it down. 

Den

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Noooooo!!! I booked a Sky Suite for the 1st time on a TA because of the number of Sea Days, and This is exactly what I was worried about!!!

We booked Oceanview on our initial cruises, then Celebrity offered us a Balcony for ‘a few more bucks’ and of course, never went back….which was the point.

Oh well. We needed a negative, whiny post on this otherwise nice, positive thread or the monitors will close it down. 

Den

Yep, you’re in trouble now. There'll be no going back…. 😁

Enjoy! 

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Den

Yup.  You've done it now, Denny.  That corner S1 mentioned above is for a TA and for the same reason.  We booked ourselves the RS, so they can come and visit if they ever come out of their own cabin!  At-sea days count.  It's probably why the suites sell out on TA cruises so quickly.  You get the hard-core types who have already been 'ruined'!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Den

Some just can't stand 'nice'...LOL.  BTW...you do not sound whiny in this post...I would say realistic.  To that I can add...."once you've enjoyed steak, you don't want hamburger"....sorry, but I still like both on different occasions....:classic_wink:.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nice that you enjoyed your cruise. You paid big bucks and were happy.  Booking a suite on a mass market ship is not for everyone.  We did and thought it was overpriced.  Good food, nice cabin space, and good service wasn’t enough. Still on a crowded ship with lots of people coming and going. Packed into tenders, etc. was not good.  Moved on.  For same money, tried an all suite luxury ship. If I want a cheap cruise, Celebrity veranda is ok. For luxury,  not Celebrity. 

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Yup.  You've done it now, Denny.  That corner S1 mentioned above is for a TA and for the same reason.  We booked ourselves the RS, so they can come and visit if they ever come out of their own cabin!  At-sea days count.  It's probably why the suites sell out on TA cruises so quickly.  You get the hard-core types who have already been 'ruined'!

I resemble that remark… 😁

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Den

Better open up the wallet😉 our 1st suite was a gift from the upgrade fairy, wasn’t to hard to go back to AQ.  Second another fluke happening. Then a mix of AQ and Suites until a suite on the Edge and now we have 8 bookings and 7 are in suites .  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Better open up the wallet😉 our 1st suite was a gift from the upgrade fairy, wasn’t to hard to go back to AQ.  Second another fluke happening. Then a mix of AQ and Suites until a suite on the Edge and now we have 8 bookings and 7 are in suites .  

We were ruined on our very first X cruise. 😉

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Nice that you enjoyed your cruise. You paid big bucks and were happy.  Booking a suite on a mass market ship is not for everyone.  We did and thought it was overpriced.  Good food, nice cabin space, and good service wasn’t enough. Still on a crowded ship with lots of people coming and going. Packed into tenders, etc. was not good.  Moved on.  For same money, tried an all suite luxury ship. If I want a cheap cruise, Celebrity veranda is ok. For luxury,  not Celebrity. 

Gee, I'd hate to see how you deal with a real "problem"

• Haha 4

I’ve always cruised in suites, but could only get a veranda for our first cruise on Celebrity. 194 sq ft. Yikes! Yes, I’m totally spoiled. I’m hoping Move Up will get me into a Sky Suite or a Celebrity Suite. Crossing my fingers and checking twice a day. 20 days to embarkation.

2 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Den

You will love it!

• Like 1

I love being in a suite, especially cruising in Europe; I also enjoy complete peace and quiet, along with the luxury of beautiful scenery and a great book.  Luxury is one's own definition of what is exceptional.  It is not diminished because someone begs to differ!

Choices are the spice of life!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Our first suite experience was on Summit's repositioning in April and we thoroughly enjoyed it.  Have an aft corner SS booked on Equinox's holiday cruise.  We also enjoyed Reflection in December as our second cruise post Covid.  It's an outstanding ship and crew.  One the best cruises we've had.

6 hours ago, chromered7 said:

Glad you enjoyed your experience. 

BTW -  GREAT title for this thread. I saw it and HAD to click on it. 👍

• Like 3

6 hours ago, lovrccl said:

It's true once you do a suite you are hooked!  

I’ll be honest we seem to be the odd balls regarding this, We’ve done over 20 cruises mainly on celebrity and stayed in all the cabins below the suite class but due to the lower pax numbers onboard our cruise last September  we had the opportunity to upgrade to a suite onboard the second cruise of our B2B and whereas we enjoyed aspects of the experience we were really happy we wasn’t experiencing it from booking it outright and paying the full rate, We paid a fixed rate onboard for the upgrade and only did this as we had such a great deal already and the cruise was super cheap to start with so it made it an ok experience for us. 

Now, would we do it again… for sure we would if given a similar opportunity however would we pay the full rate for a suite on celebrity… I doubt it very much but never say never I guess but we will for sure enjoy our standard balcony cruises in the future as much as we did before the suite experience. 🍸😎

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, MR_T said:

I’ll be honest we seem to be the odd balls regarding this, We’ve done over 20 cruises mainly on celebrity and stayed in all the cabins below the suite class but due to the lower pax numbers onboard our cruise last September  we had the opportunity to upgrade to a suite onboard the second cruise of our B2B and whereas we enjoyed aspects of the experience we were really happy we wasn’t experiencing it from booking it outright and paying the full rate, We paid a fixed rate onboard for the upgrade and only did this as we had such a great deal already and the cruise was super cheap to start with so it made it an ok experience for us. 

Now, would we do it again… for sure we would if given a similar opportunity however would we pay the full rate for a suite on celebrity… I doubt it very much but never say never I guess but we will for sure enjoy our standard balcony cruises in the future as much as we did before the suite experience. 🍸😎

Totally with you on this.  While it’s nice to have a suite (had one on a 14 night on Millie and are booked in one on Edge), we still enjoy cruises in non-suites.  I see many posting similar on the MSC forum about once you’ve done Yacht Club you’ll never go back to ‘steerage’.  This has never been the case with us.  We’ll do a suite (either in The Retreat or YC) if we see value in it;  otherwise we’ll have just as good a time outside the suite class. 

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 6