Elite Nightly Cocktail List

read2learn

28 minutes ago, Mark+Anne said:

Hmmm, I was on the Reflection TA this past April and the Sky Lounge was open for HH from 5pm to 7pm every day, with waiters coming around offering nice little snacks. Lots of people attended. Maybe they only offer HH on longer cruises? Anne

Thats odd. My Hawaii cruise on the Eclipse in May did not offer anything during HH at the Sky Lounge.  I will be on the Equinox in September so will make a point of checking it out.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

Never tried to ask the bartenders but can specialty Martinis be ordered from the HH Menu (Espresso Martini, Chocolate, Lychee)? I have a PMNA beverage package as well in case it makes a difference if they'd charge extra for the Espresso shot.

All I know is the premium package covers drinks up to $15. On a couple of occasions when I was at the Sky lounge I was able to get martinis not covered by the Elite drinks package.  

14 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

Never tried to ask the bartenders but can specialty Martinis be ordered from the HH Menu (Espresso Martini, Chocolate, Lychee)? I have a PMNA beverage package as well in case it makes a difference if they'd charge extra for the Espresso shot.

None of the martinis at the Martini bar are covered by the HH menu. The happy hour says available at "most" bars. The Martini bar is not one.  The top shelf liquors there are not generally included. The premium non alcohol package won't help.

Edited by bookitdanno

27 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Thats odd. My Hawaii cruise on the Eclipse in May did not offer anything during HH at the Sky Lounge.  I will be on the Equinox in September so will make a point of checking it out.  

We were on that cruise.  The only time they offered snacks/apps was during the Senior Officer event and the Captain's Club event.  I don't recall anything during the 5-7 hour since everyone was in the Sky Lounge during those hours.

28 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

If you have a beverage package then the happy hour menu is moot.

23 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

All I know is the premium package covers drinks up to $15. On a couple of occasions when I was at the Sky lounge I was able to get martinis not covered by the Elite drinks package.  

PMNA is non-alcohol so that doesn't help for drinks, however in my experience when I order martinis or other beverages I'm only being charged a surcharge for the shot of alcohol rather than the full drink. That's why I was curious if this also applies during the HH.

The happy hour menu is a fixed menu. You can’t upgrade the items or order something off the menu. Only the items listed can be ordered.

If I read what you are asking correctly you’re wondering if you could go from the basic happy hour drink to a more expensive drink and pay the difference. No. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

The happy hour menu is a fixed menu. You can’t upgrade the items or order something off the menu. Only the items listed can be ordered.

If I read what you are asking correctly you’re wondering if you could go from the basic happy hour drink to a more expensive drink and pay the difference. No. 

Thanks that was the answer I was looking for. Never mind, the Apple Martini suits me just fine. 🙂

No. That it a specialty martini from the Martini bar menu.  The vodka martinis on the HH menu are  regular martinis in a regular glass, the Martini bar martinis are oversized and have ingredients not listed on the HH menu. The HH menu is typically not available at eithernthe Martini bar or the World class bar.

On 8/20/2022 at 9:51 PM, Luv2Crus40 said:

Someone said they got their free drinks during dinner in the MDR between 5 and 7.  Anyone else have luck with that?

Friends just off the Equinox last week said the same. 

21 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Thank drakes2! I would appreciate you coming back and reporting on this!! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So as an update, they don’t care at all on EDGE and you can also order premium Martinis at the Atrium Martini Bar for the Elite HH.

i wasn’t charged for anything and the waiter says order whatever you want.

I don’t have an Alc Beverage Package and charge amount = $0.

599FF31E-A594-4B18-AF26-6DE57019A26B.jpeg

Edited by Fly and Sail

9 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

So as an update, they don’t care at all on EDGE and you can also order premium Martinis at the Atrium Martini Bar for the Elite HH.

i wasn’t charged for anything and the waiter says order whatever you want.

I don’t have an Alc Beverage Package and charge amount = $0.

599FF31E-A594-4B18-AF26-6DE57019A26B.jpeg

I was on the Edge January February of this year without a package and was also getting free drinks with premium liquor in Eden during HH.  Was also getting Decoy cab as my choice of wine.  All at no charge. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/22/2022 at 6:06 PM, drakes2 said:

I (we) plan on doing the same on our September Summit cruise. 

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

Also sailing in September but on the Equinox and the AI was not part of the solo rate otherwise I would have booked at the right price.

16 minutes ago, cruissett said:

How is tipping done for elite happy hour drinks. Do they present you with a bill or just give you the drink and you slip them a buck or two

Tipping is at your discretion.   You don't get a bill, and you may or may not slip them a buck or two.

34 minutes ago, cruissett said:

How is tipping done for elite happy hour drinks. Do they present you with a bill or just give you the drink and you slip them a buck or two

No bill is presented just tip a couple bucks or more if generous. They really appreciate it.

On 9/4/2022 at 8:50 AM, davekathy said:

Whoops...Edit....Looks like I already asked you this favor!!!  Can you please let us know if the Sky Lounge is open when you get back? Our favorite place for HH!!

Edited by LuAnn

2 hours ago, capsplace said:

More importantly, are canopies now being offered in the sky lounge for the elite plus happy hour.?

2 hours ago, LuAnn said:

Whoops...Edit....Looks like I already asked you this favor!!!  Can you please let us know if the Sky Lounge is open when you get back? Our favorite place for HH!!

I will. But from what others have posted, the pre covid style CC evening HH in the Sky Lounge is no longer. We'd like to see it come back. We still plan on going to the Sky Lounge for pre diner drinks. Should be less crowed than the other bars/lounges.. 

• Like 2