The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday August 1st, 2022

richwmn

17 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@srdancer I have been spanked a few times,  but it is best if you don't mention it here.  Hugs to you. I did write this morning to the powers that be.  Expecting face slap.

@Paw13  I will ask DH this morning if he will do this for me on his phone.  (when he wakes up).  Thank you.

You are welcome.

I have given you Graham's number.

It is currently 14.04pm UK time.

Pauline xx

• Like 18

Good morning. Thanks for the Daily Reports @richwmn!  Today's recipes @0106all look tasty and photos gorgeous.  They would go well with today's wine.  The cocktail is in my wheelhouse too.

We are getting badly needed rain today.  It started last night at midnight so I was able to see the Beagle Channel episode of Patagonia that ended at midnight CT.  It was much more fun to watch than the NS Mighty Cruise Ships, the ports were a yawn but the berthing procedures were instructive though wording kind of dumbed down.  Prayers for all our group battling COVID and the rest on the care list.  Prayers for the people of Ukraine. 🙏

We went fishing yesterday and John got two nice smallmouth bass. I caught a tiny largemouth.  It was a great day fishing because the Loon family presented themselves. It is always a cause for celebration that there is a precious chick.  

loon family resized 73122.JPG

loon male 73122.JPG

loon baby cropped 73122.JPG

IMG_20220731_092618844_HDR.jpg

• Like 37

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit.  Hoping August is a wonderful month for us all. 

Good morning friends!   For Pauline @Paw13welcome to Cruise Critic!  It's nice that we already "know" you though.  🙂  Thank you Rich @richwmnfor the Daily and Fleet Report.  An interesting bunch of days to celebrate.  I like to celebrate my girlfriends and August is the birthday month for two of my longest known girlfriends.  One has been my friend since we were 16 years old and we still keep in touch.  Mahjong is a popular and very noisy game, especially when you're trying to read on a cruise ship and there is a game going on nearby.  We always have to move, even if we were there first.  Mountain Climbing Day is a good cause, but you probably won't catch me climbing one.  Thank you @HAL4NOWfor the photos of Mount Beckler.  Beautiful!  Thanks for the Gandhi quote today, and the chicken parmesan sheet pan recipes sound great.  Gaspe, Canada is not a port I've ever been to but it sounds like a nice place to visit.  It's never been posted in the past.  Hope to see some photos.

I also am sad to hear someone reported Father David's sermon and had it removed.  I would think it is someone who lurks and doesn't join in our community here.  I think we should be letting our feelings known by email to the moderator and I plan to do that.  

Thanks Roy @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration lists today.  I appreciate you including Ren but he can probably be removed.  His congestion is improving and he was able to go to a soccer camp at Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana yesterday since he doesn't have Covid.  DS says a bigger problem is discomfort from a calf injury in the final game last Sunday in Orlando.  It still hurts!  So Ren and I both are complaining about our legs!  😬

Ann @cat shepardhow nice you have a beautiful deer to watch this morning.  As long as he's not eating your plants you probably don't mind.  Graham @grapau27love your new avatar!  Ann @marshhawkso glad you're retiring from the dog walking job.  It was a major inconvenience messing with your appointments, plus the low pay, and then the injury from the unleashed dog incident.  You can use that time for better uses.  Jacqui @kazuthanks for your lovely flower photos and beautiful Shadow's photo too.  Good idea having Liz the dog trainer come by to observe and give you ideas.  It will take work but Shadow has a great future ahead thanks to you.  @srdancerSorry!  I don't know what's going on!

Well, time for some peach tea.  We got up and walked 2.85 miles in our neighborhood this morning.  It was quite sticky out and about 70F.  It would have been a lot easier with low humidity but we can't expect that in August.  I hope you all have a great day!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

42 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@grapau27 My cell phone is only for work, so that wont work.  How do you see him on Sundays?  Is there a web site, or the "book of face" ?  Of course, to get that live I would have to stay up most of the night....

@kazu Shadow is so beautiful.  How old is she?  I have a calendar with dogs on it, and this month's calendar has a picture of Cirneco deli' Etna, one of the world's oldest dog breeds, same ears as Shadow.  She must come from royalty.

David records Sundays sermon around 6.30am.

We get a WhatsApp 7-7.30am.

Church service 10.15-11.15am.

We usually have the sermon at least 4 hours before Rich posts the daily although we don't play it because we hear it in church during Sunday's service.

• Like 16

18 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit.  Hoping August is a wonderful month for us all. 

Good morning friends!   For Pauline @Paw13welcome to Cruise Critic!  It's nice that we already "know" you though.  🙂  Thank you Rich @richwmnfor the Daily and Fleet Report.  An interesting bunch of days to celebrate.  I like to celebrate my girlfriends and August is the birthday month for two of my longest known girlfriends.  One has been my friend since we were 16 years old and we still keep in touch.  Mahjong is a popular and very noisy game, especially when you're trying to read on a cruise ship and there is a game going on nearby.  We always have to move, even if we were there first.  Mountain Climbing Day is a good cause, but you probably won't catch me climbing one.  Thank you @HAL4NOWfor the photos of Mount Beckler.  Beautiful!  Thanks for the Gandhi quote today, and the chicken parmesan sheet pan recipes sound great.  Gaspe, Canada is not a port I've ever been to but it sounds like a nice place to visit.  It's never been posted in the past.  Hope to see some photos.

I also am sad to hear someone reported Father David's sermon and had it removed.  I would think it is someone who lurks and doesn't join in our community here.  I think we should be letting our feelings known by email to the moderator and I plan to do that.  

Thanks Roy @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration lists today.  I appreciate you including Ren but he can probably be removed.  His congestion is improving and he was able to go to a soccer camp at Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana yesterday since he doesn't have Covid.  DS says a bigger problem is discomfort from a calf injury in the final game last Sunday in Orlando.  It still hurts!  So Ren and I both are complaining about our legs!  😬

Ann @cat shepardhow nice you have a beautiful deer to watch this morning.  As long as he's not eating your plants you probably don't mind.  Graham @grapau27love your new avatar!  Ann @marshhawkso glad you're retiring from the dog walking job.  It was a major inconvenience messing with your appointments, plus the low pay, and then the injury from the unleashed dog incident.  You can use that time for better uses.  Jacqui @kazuthanks for your lovely flower photos and beautiful Shadow's photo too.  Good idea having Liz the dog trainer come by to observe and give you ideas.  It will take work but Shadow has a great future ahead thanks to you.  @srdancerSorry!  I don't know what's going on!

Well, time for some peach tea.  We got up and walked 2.85 miles in our neighborhood this morning.  It was quite sticky out and about 70F.  It would have been a lot easier with low humidity but we can't expect that in August.  I hope you all have a great day!

Thank you for your welcome. 

Pauline xx

• Like 17

I found said sermon on the book of face, and watched.  I also added on the song that goes with the sermon, and once again felt the Grace.  What a wonderful person Father David is.

@StLouisCruisersI did email the management in charge this morning.  If you look at last night, it was (when I last looked) the address at the bottom,, but not last post.... it does in a way give us a way to have our say.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

Good morning to all

Thank you Rich for the Daily and Fleet Report. And thank you to Roy for the Cares and Celebration list.

Prayers for all that need them, especially to those with Covid.  @smitty34877 I hope your family is doing better, especially your DH and Tana.

@kazu Shadow is beautiful and I am sure she will calm down and you will soon be enjoying each other very much.

@Paw13 Welcome to our friendly group Pauline.  

As for the days.  I love my girlfriends. As for the other two, I don’t play Mahjong and I would not dare go mountain climbing.  For heaven’s sake, I don’t even climb stairs these days unless it is a necessity!.

I will skip the drink, like chicken Parmesan, and like the quote.

Interesting wine.  This past spring when we were in Rome, we took a day trip to Montepulciano and Pienza for a wine-tasting tour.  Very nice wines in that area.  I will be interested to read about today’s wine selection.

I hope everyone has a great Monday.

This thread is about friendship and kindness, I hope it stays that way.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

I found said sermon on the book of face, and watched.  I also added on the song that goes with the sermon, and once again felt the Grace.  What a wonderful person Father David is.

@StLouisCruisersI did email the management in charge this morning.  If you look at last night, it was (when I last looked) the address at the bottom,, but not last post.... it does in a way give us a way to have our say.

Make me a channel of your peace is a favourite hymn of ours 

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 15

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit!  Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Girlfriends (and sometimes boyfriends) make great confidants and I'm happy to have a few of them. I'd like to learn to play Mahjong one day - I've only ever played the game on my iPad and it's just matching tiles.  Definitely not into mountain climbing, although if you do go on a hike, bring a camera or binoculars so you can stop from time to time and it looks like you're admiring the view, rather than gasping for air.  

@marshhawkI'm happy to hear you're giving up the dog walking thing; you're doing your neighbour a favour at your expense.

@kazuthanks for sharing the photos of your beautiful flowers - I know they don't just "happen", they take work and you're to be commended for it.  Is that a hibiscus in the hanging pot?  And thanks for the pic of Shadow as well - I hope it doesn't take too long before she realizes she's in the best place ever!

It's another warm, humid day here on the "frozen tundra"; the humidity is at 85% which to us just feels weird.  LOL  I know the rain has been welcomed by the farmers though, so we'll just have to appreciate the dampness on our skin.

I really like today's menu suggestion, especially if it can be made in the air fryer.  I'm going to have to tuck the recipe away for another day though, because late last night our Chinese "daughter"s father sent over a large bowl of his fabulous spicy noodle dish.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it - it's made with cumin, a few hot chili peppers, thinly sliced beef, onions and celery.  Yum.  It'll be spicy noodles and a creamy coleslaw (to cool down the heat from the noodles) on the deck for us tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra for the people of Ukraine and for everyone providing assistance.  We'll salute those on the celebration list with the raising of our wine glasses.  Stay safe, get your boosters, wear masks when needed, be well, and hydrate!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 36

10 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

I found it there too Ann and emailed them using my cruising email address.  I hope they hear from all of us.  

community@cruisecritic.com is the address in case anyone is looking for it.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit. (Not that I put that nearly as well as @Overhead Fred)

After a week of temperatures unusually hot for here, today is our first moderate day, and it feels divine! Today I can get some work done around the Apple trees, and then we have a neighbour coming over for dinner.

Hello @Paw13! Pauline, I am Laura. We know you so well through Graham’s posts and photos it seems strange that this is actually your first time here. Welcome home!

Like many, I’m surprised by the complaint about Father David’s sermons. It’s not even like they auto play as you scroll by. A person has to deliberately choose it, open it, and sit and watch it to even know,what it is. However, we’ve all seen from dipping into other threads the number of nasty, bitter trolls there are. It’s not surprising one would attack a thread of supportive people. Deliberately provoking a shut down of a string of posts that bring comfort and community to so many is a clever and effective bit of mischief.

Happy Monday, and Happy August. The only fault with August is that I won’t be back on a BHB until September!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 5

Currently treading lightly with my posts.

@Paw13  Welcome to the Daily!    I've seen your face most every day that I have been with the Dailyites!  Very pretty face!  My name is Ann (along with a bunch of Ann's, most of us are avid cat lovers too).  I am very much unlike my screen name.  Unlike the hawk, I'm pretty blind, cant chase things, hate to fly, and I think I need my wings clipped. You are already family here, but I bet you knew that!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@kazu Shadow is so beautiful.  How old is she?  I have a calendar with dogs on it, and this month's calendar has a picture of Cirneco deli' Etna, one of the world's oldest dog breeds, same ears as Shadow.  She must come from royalty.

She sort of comes from royalty - descended from the Salukis, Pharoah hounds and Israeli Canaan dogs.  But, she’s a Baladi - an. Egyptian street dog - not a real breed - a mutt - but that’s what they are called.  They are despised in Egypt (they like purebred dogs) and are beaten, abused, poisoned etc.  Thus the move to spay, neuter and rescue them.

Canada is closing it’s borders to over 100 countries rescue dogs including Egypt so it was now or never to get her here.

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

@kazuthanks for sharing the photos of your beautiful flowers - I know they don't just "happen", they take work and you're to be commended for it.  Is that a hibiscus in the hanging pot? 

LOL - flowers don’t just “happen”?  😂. The hanging pot has begonias in it. A hibiscus would never be happy in the pergola - insufficient sun 😉 

Welcome to the Daily, @Paw13

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1