Deployment 2024-25 booking season begins

1 hour ago, NightOne said:

Who says it doesn't go to Galveston? 🙂

I don't buy into a 3/4 night debut for Utopia. Sorry. I have no evidence to prove my believe so time will tell.

I for one hope you are wrong😇

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I for one hope you are wrong😇

I hope those that say it is going to debut with 3/4 night cruises are wrong. LOL

As long as it is a Florida or Gulf port and 7-8 days I'm not horribly concerned with where it ports.

I do wish they would release the itineraries and open bookings already. 🙂

Edited by NightOne
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, soremekun said:

Utopia to Boston (months of April - September).  You heard it here first.

Gotta post with confidence and authority.

It's too early in the season to be sailing to Canada and too far for the Bahamas or Bermuda.

17 minutes ago, wreckem2013 said:

With Icon not doing any European sailings why wouldn’t they keep Utopia in Europe for the summer season? Why would they do a mid summer TA? I believe they have had two oasis class ships in the Mediterranean at the same time before.

Where would Utopia operate from? I think the only Oasis class capable ports are those used currently. 

16 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

Where would Utopia operate from? I think the only Oasis class capable ports are those used currently. 

Maybe from Rome and do away with the interporting?

There are also a few ports that can handle O-class that aren't on the regular 7-night route but which show up sometimes on the TAs. Malaga and Valencia are two of them, I think, just off the top of my head. So there could be the potential for different itineraries.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

I think 10 day itineraries on an oasis class ship in Europe for the summer would have great appeal - especially if it were on Utopia and they were adding in a couple of new ports not normally on the oasis class Europe runs.

It would be excellent. I’ve always considered 7 days to be too short. The pricing would be scary though. I was looking for a week on Oasis for Summer 2024. A 1A category room for 2 adults and 2 children is 8k euro.

34 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

It would be excellent. I’ve always considered 7 days to be too short. The pricing would be scary though. I was looking for a week on Oasis for Summer 2024. A 1A category room for 2 adults and 2 children is 8k euro.

we are also monitoring prices for Summer  2024  and they are a Joke. 

may have to jump ship ( pun intended ) and try another line.

41 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

I dread to think, based on the prices currently showing. You'd probably need to mortgage your house. 😱

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, mrpie90 said:

Yeah I'm thinking they are testing the water to find the limits of what they can achieve with pricing.

I have an Iceland cruise for June 2023 which I can't go on due to my wife's health and I was going to move the deposit to a similar cruise in 2024 but its almost twice the price !! 

Not paying over £6000 for 2 people for a balcony.  I'm attempting just to get a refund on my deposit instead,

Generally Europe 2024 pricing is very high - I feel It will have to come down eventually to fill the ships.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mrpie90 said:

I already did....several of them.  Tired of C&A perks, plus so many other things being eroded by RCI.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrewFoundLander said:

Would anyone happen to know when Canada and New England Fall of 24 from Quebec City will be announced/released?

I don't recall any ship likely to do that route without existing itineraries - they may not offer any.

4 hours ago, DrewFoundLander said:

Would anyone happen to know when Canada and New England Fall of 24 from Quebec City will be announced/released?

In recent years they have been served by the ship spending the summer in Northern Europe either from Copenhagen or AMsterdam, Jewel in that case. As she is likely to move to the Mediterranean Sea in August 2024, she's not likely to operate on those itineraries, and any other ship either. All other ships are already deployed elsewhere.

Thanks for the replies. I had thought I saw somewhere Jewel was doing the Westbound TA August 22nd 2024 to Boston. I hoped then perhaps it would do a few North/South trips between Boston and Quebec City for the Fall Foliage route through Sept/Oct 24.

Edited by DrewFoundLander

1 hour ago, DrewFoundLander said:

Thanks for the replies. I had thought I saw somewhere Jewel was doing the Westbound TA August 22nd 2024 to Boston. I hoped then perhaps it would do a few North/South trips between Boston and Quebec City for the Fall Foliage route through Sept/Oct 24.

In fact that itinerary was initially planned and so were cruises for Canada and New England as well, at least internally. However, plans changed obviously to move her into the Mediterranean from late summer until fall 2024, based in Limassol, Cyprus. Didn’t follow if there’s already new itineraries.

Otherwise, if you’re open for other lines, have a look at Celebrity, Princess, Holland America and NCL. They all offer itineraries with include Quebec City.

Edited by shipfriend_max
  • Like 2

I too was waiting for Jewel.  When that fell through I turned to Celebrity out of Boston.  Three 11 day 'Boston, Maine, and Canada' trips through Sep 2024 on Eclipse - overnight in Quebec.  Good ship, good itin.  Still some space but filling fast.  If you have Crown & Anchor, Celebrity provides reciprocity in their Captains Club.