A crown and anchor question

Just now, 3Tannerbear said:

I’m 2 points away from becoming diamond and wondering if status is granted at beginning of cruise, after number of days met or the next cruise? 
Thank you

Not until your next cruise.

Just now, 3Tannerbear said:

I’m 2 points away from becoming diamond and wondering if status is granted at beginning of cruise, after number of days met or the next cruise? 
Thank you

After you complete the cruise you will be Diamond so, the next cruise.

3 minutes ago, 3Tannerbear said:

Thank you

After. Now you'll have something different to look forward to on your next cruise. 

1 hour ago, 3Tannerbear said:

Thank you

Royal next cruise. Carnival gives it to you on the cruise you make your next tier.

We reach Emerald after Day 1 of our next cruise and Diamond after Day 8.  So once that cruise is completed, will we get recognized for both or just skip over Emerald?

51 now

55 after Day 1 (double poibts promo on suite - 4pts/day)

83 after Day 8 (double points promo on suite - 4pts/day)

Edited by dream2cruise
typo

14 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Sounds like it's time for a 3 day weekend getaway so you'll be diamond on your 9-day. 

You know, I was going to say same thing.   We took a 4 dayer just to get to Diamond on our longer cruise.  

31 minutes ago, dream2cruise said:

We reach Emerald after Day 1 of our next cruise and Diamond after Day 8.  So once that cruise is completed, will we get recognized for both or just skip over Emerald?

51 now

You should get both sets of pins, but your next cruise will get the Diamond benefits. You may need to call the C&A desk to set up your welcome perks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dream2cruise said:

51 now

You can just ask the loyalty ambassador or even the diamond ambassador for both pins and explain. 

They have been very good about having the pins if you want both. After you make diamond you can get into the diamond club and most of them are awesome. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, brandy3415 said:

You know, I was going to say same thing.   We took a 4 dayer just to get to Diamond on our longer cruise.  

We did the same thing while sitting on 76 points. Took the cheapest 4-nighter we could find.

Now we're 25 points away from D+ and have 14 pts coming next June so we've been trying to find a way to get 11 nights in between now and then even though we generally can only cruise in the summers. It's not as big of a jump as Emerald to Diamond, of course, but it has perks we're looking forward to and who doesn't get impatient when you're close to the next level?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 3Tannerbear said:

Thank you

Royal’s policy is to ‘post’ your earned/sailed points about 7 days ‘after’ your completed sailing, so you do not officially meet the number of days while on a sailing. 

If you are on a B2B or S2S, talking to the LA on board if you will advance tiers on first segment almost always gets you recognized at higher tier for 2nd sailing. Not sure if they manually post points or just internally notate on ship till it is officially updated on RCL.

On the Navigator earlier this year, I had friends who would reach Diamond when that sailing points would posts. They asked the LA if they could get their Diamond pin and were told they would get it on their next sailing, so some Ambassadors are sticking to, until the points posts, you are what the system currents says you are.