Favorite Itinerary

shofer

We took a delayed cruise this past January on Symphony.  DH had seen a video and and he wanted to go on THAT SHIP.   Our expectations were met and it helped the ship was coming off a 3 week isolation/cleaning with only half capacity.  Having been on 16 cruises, many of them in the Caribbean, we never got off the ship except for Coco Cay for a few hours.  We have been to Alaska, Hawaii, Mediterranean, Baltic and Trans Atlantic and would like to try one of the new ships although I don't think I will be a fan of the new "verandas".  DH wants Australia but refuses to fly that distance.  I have to say I do like the Solstice class ships.

That being said, what was your favorite itinerary?  Is there anything new out there?

Wow, that's a tough one.  Earlier this year, we sailed on a different line from Bordeaux to Reykjavik with stops in St. Malo (Brittany), Southamption, Cornwall (Falmouth), Cardiff, Dublin, Belfast, and the Isle of Skye.  That was a rather magical cruise, and I'd love to do something like that again.

South Pacific itineraries also are quite nice, but the only Celebrity itineraries are repositioning cruises with a ton of sea days and a flight either to or from Sydney (like what was mentioned above).  You said your DH doesn't want to do that flight.  You can check out Paul Gauguin, though.

11 hours ago, shofer said:

We took a delayed cruise this past January on Symphony.  DH had seen a video and and he wanted to go on THAT SHIP.   Our expectations were met and it helped the ship was coming off a 3 week isolation/cleaning with only half capacity.  Having been on 16 cruises, many of them in the Caribbean, we never got off the ship except for Coco Cay for a few hours.  We have been to Alaska, Hawaii, Mediterranean, Baltic and Trans Atlantic and would like to try one of the new ships although I don't think I will be a fan of the new "verandas".  DH wants Australia but refuses to fly that distance.  I have to say I do like the Solstice class ships.

That being said, what was your favorite itinerary?  Is there anything new out there?

We did 16 nights on Solstice.  Started in Perth, Western Australia, did the southern coast, then around both islands in NZ, then ended in Sydney.  Amazing cruise.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

We did 16 nights on Solstice.  Started in Perth, Western Australia, did the southern coast, then around both islands in NZ, then ended in Sydney.  Amazing cruise.  

@TeeRick, we sailed the same itinerary on Solstice in 2018.  I think we may have been on the same cruise.  It was outstanding.  Long flights, yes . . . but worth it!

19 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

-Boston or NY/NJ to/from Greenland and Iceland over the summers; B2B are offered

-Antarctica from Argentina

-Pan Canal

-Bermuda

I forgot Bermuda and the Panama Canal as pat of our cruising history.  I am looking at Antarctica, but DH isn't enthused.

13 hours ago, shofer said:

I've gotten to the point that I don't like to fly anywhere. (I travelled for a living prior to retirement).

That limits our travel to Florida ports but we love to cruise for the sake of cruising so itinerary isn't that important anymore. Our favorite ports of call in the Caribbean are the ABC islands, St Maarten and Grand Cayman.

Never been to Australia and it was on my bucket list, but I took it off my list when I developed a distain for flying.

My favourite itinerary is not available on Celebrity and I have cruised it on other cruise lines. But I would much rather be able to do it on Celebrity.

It is a Transatlantic crossing that includes a few Caribbean Islands. Coming from UK, I don't really want to visit several European ports before the crossing just to then stop at Bahamas before docking in Miami to fly home. Or vice versa. It is not really warm weather until a good way across the Atlantic. The only exception to the temperature would be the itinerary that visits Canary Islands on the way, but that is a popular holiday destination for Europeans so also possibly well visited. 

I understand many cruisers from North America will have probably visited several Caribbean Islands so that would not be so popular with them. But cruisers from U.K. and Europe have also probably already visited most of the European ports. I would love Celebrity to do a cruise that spends time in the Caribbean and includes the Transatlantic crossing. 

• Like 2

We loved the South America run, Argentina to Chile. Longer flight but not nearly as one going to/fm Australia. 

And the OP might consider the New England/Canada cruises. Loved it and the overnight in Quebec City. 

But agree with the kind of funny post, it seems the ‘DH’ has a number of limitations, so just start with him going through the options of what he’d want and go from there, instead of the OP listing them out. 

There are ways around long flights to Australia if that is the stopper….more costly but may be fun. Try a flight to an interim location such as Hawaii and spend a few days, then on over. Or as suggested, a cruise To or from Australia then a flight with a stopover for a few days. 

We’d like to do a New Zealand cruise, Then do a land tour of Australia. I’ve flown to Australia for business and yup, long long, but once you go over 5hrs+ or so, to me it gets all the same. Not that much of a killer (for me) as it sounds and Im not an airplane sleeper….did on that one for a bit and did fine.

den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 1

My favorite area is the Eastern Med. Another closer to home is our 25 May on Summit out of NJ. It does do Bermuda, but also Charleston, SC, Martha's Vineyard, MA and Newport, RI. Millie out of Vancouver, BC or Seward, AK. Hubbard Glacier.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 12:02 PM, laslomas said:

My favourite itinerary is not available on Celebrity and I have cruised it on other cruise lines. But I would much rather be able to do it on Celebrity.

It is a Transatlantic crossing that includes a few Caribbean Islands. Coming from UK, I don't really want to visit several European ports before the crossing just to then stop at Bahamas before docking in Miami to fly home. Or vice versa. It is not really warm weather until a good way across the Atlantic. The only exception to the temperature would be the itinerary that visits Canary Islands on the way, but that is a popular holiday destination for Europeans so also possibly well visited. 

I understand many cruisers from North America will have probably visited several Caribbean Islands so that would not be so popular with them. But cruisers from U.K. and Europe have also probably already visited most of the European ports. I would love Celebrity to do a cruise that spends time in the Caribbean and includes the Transatlantic crossing. 

We did a TA on Silhouette in 2018.  It was sold as "Boston, Broadway & Bermuda".  Flew into London a few days early as we had never been there as well as the other ports.  We were able to visit our daughter and her family (and do laundry!).  Next stop, NYC and a private 9/11 memorial tour.  Another private tour in Bermuda before sailing for Fort Lauderdale.  

On 8/17/2022 at 11:08 AM, NutsAboutGolf said:

Where IS your DH willing to cruise?  ha ha

Even he doesn't know.  A full transit of the Panama Canal?   We did a partial transit in 2007.  I am throwing suggestions out there, like New England or Pacific Coastal.  I am not going to dwell on this or it will drive me crazy.