New Galveston Cruise Ship Terminal

8 hours ago, Jingerwoppy said:

I see the new terminal is about 75% complete. Wonder if the first cruise from there will be Nov 13th as planned. I don't think I'd want to be part of that first check-in run.  

The first cruise is a 4 day trade event on Nov 9th to help work the bugs out. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, brillohead said:

Please report back with your experience.  I'm scheduled for mid-January!

Lol lots of us will have experience before January. Not just me, lots I know will be cruising. Sea to shining sea and hubby dec 11 and others. I'm b2b. You will certainly see lots of us through the new terminal by then. 

Ourusual beach you are doing the 4 day. Ta event.. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol lots of us will have experience before January. Not just me, lots I know will be cruising. Sea to shining sea and hubby dec 11 and others. I'm b2b. You will certainly see lots of us through the new terminal by then. 

Yep, taking my daughter. Cozumel and back. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I’m on Adventure starting Thanksgiving Day, 4 nights to Cozumel. Hope they have it running smoothly by then.

We drove by there a couple of weeks ago and drove in as far as we could to check it out.  The building is there but doesn’t look done.  There is a lot of concrete yet to pour for the parking lots.  I think they’ll be pushing it to get it done in less then 3 months.  As long as the ship can park there I suppose they can use it.  On the other hand when construction companies are pushed they sometimes accomplish a lot in a short period of time.  TBD.

Its not walkable to anything but the hospital across the street.  I did like the old pier for it’s walkable to the Strand and several restaurants and 2 hotels.  But it certainly isn’t “nice”.  Plus they still aren’t using the new facial recognition at the old pier so departure takes a lot longer.  I assume the new pier will have that.  We will miss the garage parking during hurricane season too as all the new lots are flat right by the water.  

15 hours ago, Jingerwoppy said:

I see the new terminal is about 75% complete. Wonder if the first cruise from there will be Nov 13th as planned. I don't think I'd want to be part of that first check-in run.  

I would if they'd give me one! 

1 hour ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We drove by there a couple of weeks ago and drove in as far as we could to check it out.  The building is there but doesn’t look done.  There is a lot of concrete yet to pour for the parking lots.  I think they’ll be pushing it to get it done in less then 3 months.  As long as the ship can park there I suppose they can use it.  On the other hand when construction companies are pushed they sometimes accomplish a lot in a short period of time.  TBD.

Its not walkable to anything but the hospital across the street.  I did like the old pier for it’s walkable to the Strand and several restaurants and 2 hotels.  But it certainly isn’t “nice”.  Plus they still aren’t using the new facial recognition at the old pier so departure takes a lot longer.  I assume the new pier will have that.  We will miss the garage parking during hurricane season too as all the new lots are flat right by the water.  

What is not “nice”? 

I was saying the old pier is not very nice.  Very much a warehouse feel although they did improve the walk off the ship with ramps a few years back.   No suite lounge for embarkation.  It’s no big deal though and hasn’t kept us from going out of Galveston.  I’m sure the new pier will be great.

1 minute ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I was saying the old pier is not very nice.  Very much a warehouse feel although they did improve the walk off the ship with ramps a few years back.   No suite lounge for embarkation.  It’s no big deal though and hasn’t kept us from going out of Galveston.  I’m sure the new pier will be great.

There has been so much improvement at terminal #2 over the years . The new section  is brand new and up to date . Even without Suite Lounge, it is no issue for us . We do not go to terminal early to sit and wait .