Crown & Anchor Points - Solo Traveler

From whaI understand, solo cruisers earn double Crown & Anchor points.  Looking back at my RCCL cruises, I went solo on a 4 night cruise in 2019 and only received 4 points.  

Is there a reason for this this that I am overlooking?  If not, is it possible to request an update from RCCL?  I only need 2 additional points to get Diamond status.

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, the_woodman said:

From whaI understand, solo cruisers earn double Crown & Anchor points.  Looking back at my RCCL cruises, I went solo on a 4 night cruise in 2019 and only received 4 points.  

Is there a reason for this this that I am overlooking?  If not, is it possible to request an update from RCCL?  I only need 2 additional points to get Diamond status.

Thanks in advance.

Did you have a studio cabin?  Studio cabins only earn 1 point per night.

4 hours ago, HicksRA said:

If you paid the double premium for the room you should get the extra points. I’d definitely call. 

RCL had some sailings were the solo fare was very close to the double occupancy fare so essentially no/zero premium and as long as you were sailing in a double occupancy cabin  and not one of the few ‘studio’ cabin made for only 1 passenger you will receive the 2 points per night and if you were fortunate to book with the double points promo you received 4 points per night and possibly more if you book Jr. suite or higher. This would not apply to your 2019 booking, but making reference you do not always have to pay the double premium to get the extra point(s).

It has happen  to me as well, that only received 1 point per night for solo cruises. However, I just contacted RCCL and got the extra points.

my last solo cruise was a 10 night cruise. I ordered in back in August 2021 at the time RCCL offered double on the points. So this cruise actually gave me 40 points. It made me able to go directly from Platinum to Diamond 😀

• Like 3

5 hours ago, the_woodman said:

Thanks in advance.

So long as you were not in a studio cabin, you should have received 8 points. 
Or were you hooked as a double and the 2nd person was a no show? You should still get 8 but sometimes that doesn’t happen automatically 

Once in a while the system doesn't recognize the solo situation.  Out of the thirteen cruises I've taken solo since the restart, only one of them (the last one) didn't give me the proper number of points.  I just had to call Crown and Anchor and they sorted it out.  (It's helpful if you have your Booking ID when you call them, although they should be able to look it up based off your CAS number.)  The points were added on while I was on the phone with the rep -- no problem other than the time it took me to make the call and for the rep to figure out how to fix it. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Surfguyxxx said:

I'm just wondering if the Solo Traveler Cruise Points was available when you did your cruise in 2019?  

In 2012 I was getting double points for going solo. in 2010 I got points using the old system. So between those years, they changed.

• Like 1

Their system sometimes does some funky things.  My son sailed with us on 2 cruises in early 2000.  At that time, you received/earned 1 point.  Later(?) Royal converted to actual points based on sailing nights.  However, those1 pointers were never converted.  Called C&A and they adjusted, accordingly.  

Recently, made a couple of reservations for my daughter and her family, and after examining the invoices I saw travel insurance and prepaid grats. that I never requested.  In the future, I will stay on the phone with the agent until I get the e-mail and examine attached invoice before ending the call.

3 hours ago, nelblu said:

Recently, made a couple of reservations for my daughter and her family, and after examining the invoices I saw travel insurance and prepaid grats. that I never requested.  In the future, I will stay on the phone with the agent until I get the e-mail and examine attached invoice before ending the call.

Sounds like a smart move.

3 hours ago, nelblu said:

Their system sometimes does some funky things.  My son sailed with us on 2 cruises in early 2000.  At that time, you received/earned 1 point.  Later(?) Royal converted to actual points based on sailing nights.  However, those1 pointers were never converted.  Called C&A and they adjusted, accordingly.  

I usually tell the agent that I do not want travel insurance and no pre-paid gratuities. And I agree, always check your invoice. 

9 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

I'm just wondering if the Solo Traveler Cruise Points was available when you did your cruise in 2019?  

I cruised solo in 2019 (it's the anniversary of Hurricane Dorian this week, if anyone was interested!) and got double points for those nights. 

15 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

14 hours ago, hannibal54 said:

In 2012 I was getting double points for going solo. in 2010 I got points using the old system. So between those years, they changed.

No you didn't, @hannibal54  😄  The double points for solos started in November 2013.  Trust me.  Check your history.  😉  

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

No you didn't, @hannibal54  😄  The double points for solos started in November 2013.  Trust me.  Check your history.  😉  

I did recheck and I did get double points. Then I checked my refrigerator magnets & found it was a Diamonds in December promotion.