Discovery Club Class additional menu items

Sea Hag

I've seen some posts about this, but I don't know that I've ever seen a fairly complete listing of the CC additional items in the MDR. If some or all of you have already seen this, you can skip reading it. 😀

Day 1

none offered at lunch

we had dinner in the Crown Grill

Day 2

Breakfast: Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream (five stars)

Lunch: Penne pasta with fresh tomato sauce, pancetta, and onions

Dinner: crostini with escargot appetizer, lobster thermidor with filet main

Day 3

Breakfast: basically an egg mcmuffin. Why?

Dinner: caesar salad with Cajun chicken appetizer, lamb chops main (these were as good as what we had in the Crown Grill on day 1. Five stars)

Day 4

Breakfast in the buffet

Lunch: penne pasta aribiata

Dinner: Bronzino

Day 5

Breakfast: Eggs benedict with smoked salmon (five stars)

Dinner: mixed green salad with seared steak slices appetizer, rib eye steak with shrimp and crawfish sauce main

Day 6

Breakfast: Belgian waffle with strawberries and whipped cream

Lunch: penne pasta with fresh tomato sauce, eggplant, oregano and olives

Dinner: home made smoke salmon appetizer, beef steak with mustard mushroom sauce

Day 7

Breakfast: crepes with Nutella, bananas and whipped cream (five stars for this one)

Lunch: penne pasta with fresh tomato sauce and zucchini

Dinner: mixed green salad with seared steak slices appetizer, shrimp with saffron rice main

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

20 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Thank you for sharing!  We will be Club Class on the Discovery in October and may have to skip out on Sabatini's breakfast when they have the crepes and waffles.

Hmmm...wonder if Suite breakfast would make crepes or waffles🥰😊🥂

• Like 1

Apart from one breakfast, we only used club dining for dinner. 

The extra dish was a waste of time,  but we really enjoyed being able to walk straight to a table, chat to the same people every night,  and establish a rapport with the waiters.  

Having said all that, I don't think it is worth the premium price. 

14 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Hmmm...wonder if Suite breakfast would make crepes or waffles🥰😊🥂

7 minutes ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Yes!  Have gotten them several times, with plenty of notice/request to our waiter/headwaiter.

The last time we were in a full suite was in January 2020 and we could get waffles but I think they had to go elsewhere to get whipped cream so I declined.  Didn't think to ask about crepes.  I certainly won't be shy about asking though! 😄

• Like 2

Thinking about those in

24 minutes ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Yes!  Have gotten them several times, with plenty of notice/request to our waiter/headwaiter.

15 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

The last time we were in a full suite was in January 2020 and we could get waffles but I think they had to go elsewhere to get whipped cream so I declined.  Didn't think to ask about crepes.  I certainly won't be shy about asking though! 😄

Yum! New breakfast things to enjoy in Australia! I already love the French Toast!😊

1 minute ago, azbirdmom said:

That has been my go-to.  Love the apples and usually ask for extras.

Me too! Such a delicious way to start the morning; that and the mimosa with a nice cappucino!

• Like 1

We had french cut, rack of lamb one night as our extra on the Coral recently.

Very nice.

Oyster steak was offered on another night and the steak mignon was turned into turf and surf on yet another. I didn't try these ones.

Lunch time was usually an extra pasta offering.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jwattle said:

Me too! Such a delicious way to start the morning; that and the mimosa with a nice cappucino!

We are on the Love Boat cruise and if the cast is dining in Sabatini's, perhaps I can have Ted Lange make up a special mimosa for me LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sewgood said:

We had french cut, rack of lamb one night as our extra on the Coral recently.

Very nice.

Oyster steak was offered on another night and the steak mignon was turned into turf and surf on yet another. I didn't try these ones.

Lunch time was usually an extra pasta offering.

I loved it when they would make a pasta right in the Club Class dining area.  I hope that will return someday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

Apart from one breakfast, we only used club dining for dinner. 

The extra dish was a waste of time,  but we really enjoyed being able to walk straight to a table, chat to the same people every night,  and establish a rapport with the waiters.  

Having said all that, I don't think it is worth the premium price. 

It's worth the extra price for us for two primary reasons and one less important reason. First, my DH has a very low tolerance for standing in lines, and CC takes care of that. Second, our very favorite cabins are CC on the Royal Class ships. Those two items definitely make it worth it for us. Another less important reason is that we prefer to eat all the meals we can in the MDR, and CC certainly makes that more pleasant for us.  

• Like 4

On 8/29/2022 at 3:09 PM, Sea Hag said:

I've seen some posts about this, but I don't know that I've ever seen a fairly complete listing of the CC additional items in the MDR. If some or all of you have already seen this, you can skip reading it. 😀

Day 1

none offered at lunch

we had dinner in the Crown Grill

Day 2

Breakfast: Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream (five stars)

Lunch: Penne pasta with fresh tomato sauce, pancetta, and onions

Dinner: crostini with escargot appetizer, lobster thermidor with filet main

Day 3

Breakfast: basically an egg mcmuffin. Why?

Dinner: caesar salad with Cajun chicken appetizer, lamb chops main (these were as good as what we had in the Crown Grill on day 1. Five stars)

Day 4

Breakfast in the buffet

Lunch: penne pasta aribiata

Dinner: Bronzino

Day 5

Breakfast: Eggs benedict with smoked salmon (five stars)

Dinner: mixed green salad with seared steak slices appetizer, rib eye steak with shrimp and crawfish sauce main

Day 6

Breakfast: Belgian waffle with strawberries and whipped cream

Lunch: penne pasta with fresh tomato sauce, eggplant, oregano and olives

Dinner: home made smoke salmon appetizer, beef steak with mustard mushroom sauce

Day 7

Breakfast: crepes with Nutella, bananas and whipped cream (five stars for this one)

Lunch: penne pasta with fresh tomato sauce and zucchini

Dinner: mixed green salad with seared steak slices appetizer, shrimp with saffron rice main

What ship were you on?? All we usually got as an extra on the Star was on the order of Spaghetti & Meatballs. Or some meal like Pasta Alfredo.. Breakfast was just as boring. This was on our 2020 trip to Hawaii. I believe the ship was farmed off to P&O later that year.

16 minutes ago, rbtan said:

What ship were you on?? All we usually got as an extra on the Star was on the order of Spaghetti & Meatballs. Or some meal like Pasta Alfredo.. Breakfast was just as boring. This was on our 2020 trip to Hawaii. I believe the ship was farmed off to P&O later that year.

Discovery Princess, as in the title. We were really pleased with the additional options. 🙂

6 hours ago, rbtan said:

Us too, maybe those bigger ships do a better CC .   We have never been offered any of what they offered on the Discovery.  Also the wait for a table on the Grand, Star, Coral, & Crown etc has been around 15 minutes. Unless you get there 10 minutes before they open when you want a table for 2 .

One kind of sneaky thing they do is, they tell you not to wait by the door.  They tell you to go have a drink & come back.  I got the feeling they didn’t want other passengers to see we had a wait. Maybe giving the CC a bad rep.Their dinning area was just not big enough for the age group of early diners.    It always amazed me that they acted like they didn’t think they were going to be so extra busy from 5:00-5:30.   When they know way ahead the demographics of the passengers that are coming onboard .  

8 hours ago, rbtan said:

All we usually got as an extra on the Star was on the order of Spaghetti & Meatballs.

Which is available every evening in the regular dining rooms as it is on the children's menu which any adult can also order from.

2 hours ago, Ronnieslady said:

It always amazed me that they acted like they didn’t think they were going to be so extra busy from 5:00-5:30.

Doesn't it depend on the actual cruise ? Peak time for our Med cruise was around 7:30.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ronnieslady said:

Us too, maybe those bigger ships do a better CC .   We have never been offered any of what they offered on the Discovery.  Also the wait for a table on the Grand, Star, Coral, & Crown etc has been around 15 minutes. Unless you get there 10 minutes before they open when you want a table for 2 .

One kind of sneaky thing they do is, they tell you not to wait by the door.  They tell you to go have a drink & come back.  I got the feeling they didn’t want other passengers to see we had a wait. Maybe giving the CC a bad rep.Their dinning area was just not big enough for the age group of early diners.    It always amazed me that they acted like they didn’t think they were going to be so extra busy from 5:00-5:30.   When they know way ahead the demographics of the passengers that are coming onboard .  

Wow! That's too bad you had to wait. We were able to walk right in every time - breakfast, lunch or dinner. I guess we hit it lucky.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Hag said:

Wow! That's too bad you had to wait. We were able to walk right in every time - breakfast, lunch or dinner. I guess we hit it lucky.

We never had to wait, but we ate dinner at the normal European time  !

At 5:30 we would be sitting in the sun drinking cocktails!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Doesn't it depend on the actual cruise ? Peak time for our Med cruise was around 7:30.

We were on a Hawaii cruises 15 days around trip from LA.California.And maybe 10day Mexico r/t. & maybe that 19 dayer to Panama Canal on the Coral.   All grand class ships. We love the little ones 

Lots were local passengers.  We & everyone including Princess knows that people from England & any European area all eat much 

later.  And they know ahead off time ages & from where.  I mentioned it a few times to the head waiter in CC , what are you going to do when we are sailings @ full capacity.? “  He says to me I don’t know “ I was hoping he would say they will make the areas bigger & add more tables & staff for that time spot. 🤔.  By 5:20 Club Class was full. You had to wait.  
   When we had Traditional Dining, & always in a full suite, we always got a table for 2 (we would see the head maitre d on the 1st day) & since we were fast eaters & already knew what we wanted, the waiter would tell us we could come @ 5:45. So the Club Class has not been so grand for us. And those extra entrees have been a joke for us,  since it started .