Can you top this? :)

xov

So ... when it comes to cruising, we'll never be on any list of the "most", "longest", "biggest", etc. But, we have sort of stumbled into a somewhat "unique" (?) situation. After our upcoming cruise on Equinox, this will be our cruise history:

5 cruises

5 different cruise lines

5 different embarkation ports

~20 ports of call (no repeats)

It wasn't planned this way, it just happened! Each cruise was chosen based on schedule, itinerary, convenience, and cost.

1990 Carnival Celebration -- Eastern Caribbean (Miami), DW & I (left the baby at home!)

1999 Norwegian Sea -- Western Caribbean (Galveston), DW & I + 2 kids

2010 RCL Brilliance of the Seas -- Mediterranean (Barcelona), DW & I + 2 grown kids

2017 Coral Princess -- Alaska (Vancouver), DW & I + 2 grown kids +1 son-in-law

2022 Celebrity Equinox -- Southern Caribbean (Fort Lauderdale), DW & I + friends (kids not invited!)

I think I'm getting an urge to look at the HAL website ...

Anyone have a similar story?

Recommendations for our next cruise? 🙂

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

That’s an incredible history! You must have seen so many changes in cruising over the years. Which October Equinox sailing will you be on? I’lol be on her for the October 15  ABC islands cruise. 

Yes, 32 years ago on Carnival (if I remember correctly) there was no "special" dining, no "anytime" dining, most men wore coat/tie in the dining room every night, very few balcony cabins, even fewer suites, and drinks were included. We were thrilled with our free upgrade from an inside cabin to an ocean view. We had a great time!

Looking forward to Equinox Sep 17 ABC islands!

Well, with tongue in cheek, I’ll give it a try…

1950? Ferry from Kiptopeke to Norfolk, either Princess Ann or Pocahontas (we took the other one back…

1964. Circle Line tour NYC

1965. Staten Island Ferry

1972 Home Lines original Homeric to Caribbean 

1983  Hong Kong Star Ferry

1999 Royal Princess (1). South America 

1999 Carnival Fantasy Bahamas

2000 Celebrity Millennium Baltic

After that, started to repeat lines

As for suggestions…Cunard crossing, Baltic, UK, even the Med.  
HAL South America, Panama Canal…

EM

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Well, with tongue in cheek, I’ll give it a try…

1950? Ferry from Kiptopeke to Norfolk, either Princess Ann or Pocahontas (we took the other one back…

1964. Circle Line tour NYC

1965. Staten Island Ferry

1972 Home Lines original Homeric to Caribbean 

1983  Hong Kong Star Ferry

1999 Royal Princess (1). South America 

1999 Carnival Fantasy Bahamas

2000 Celebrity Millennium Baltic

After that, started to repeat lines

As for suggestions…Cunard crossing, Baltic, UK, even the Med.  
HAL South America, Panama Canal…

EM

I love it! We've also done the NYC boat and the Staten Island Ferry, and a duck boat in Hot Springs (the ultimate Land/Sea adventure!)

Baltic is on my list. My parents did a Scandinavian cruise with HAL and loved it, especially St. Petersburg, though I'm not sure I'd go to Russia right now 🙂

I have an somewhat opposite story.  My first three cruises were the same boat and same itinerary (southern Caribbean on the Monarch of the Seas).  The first time was our honeymoon.  The second time was a large family trip that we had no part in planning, but it happened to be over our first anniversary.  The third was just a vacation a few years later, and it just happened to be the choice that fit best.

So, there's another story.  We celebrated our honeymoon and our first anniversary on the same ship (and itinerary).

10 minutes ago, xov said:

We've also done the NYC boat and the Staten Island Ferry, and a duck boat in Hot Springs (the ultimate Land/Sea adventure!)

We've done all three of those, too.  The Hot Springs suck boat wasn't so hot, but the one in Boston rocked.  I even got to drive it in the Charles for about 10-15 minutes!

I have done over 70 cruises on many different lines not counting ferries 😁, more than 50 were Caribbean so lots of repeats some like Cozumel we have done about 20 times . Lines in no particular order

Hal
Italian

Costa
Msc

Carnival.

Renaissance 

Rccl

Celebrity 

NCL

Home

( I am sure I forgot one or two)

now we do mostly rccl. And celebrity although I live MSc yacht club. Reached my goal of # of cruises matched or exceeded my age. Have 3 more booked.

Edited by George C

Could I top it?  Yes, but my fingers would get tired typing.  66 on Celebrity and 73 overall.  Other lines Carnival (ugh!), Royal, Norwegian (the Norway), Princess.  Just about every Caribbean island you can think of and ports in Mexico, California, Alaska, Canada, England, and Norway.

• Like 1

Suggestions on what to do next -

For itinerary, it's definitely time to cruise the Panama Canal. You may get a repeat Southern Caribbean port, but going through the canal is incredible - my favorite cruise itinerary for sure!

If ever you add grand kids to your traveling party (or even if you don't), definitely consider Disney Cruise Line.... that's a good one to do with a typical Eastern/Western Caribbean route because of Castaway Cay, but they also have a Norwegian Fjords itinerary (I've never done it, but definitely on my list!).

• Like 1

I first sailed on the ferry across the Mersey in the 1960’s

then on the SsDelta from Athens to Dubrovnik (school trip)

the ship sailed through the Corinth canal. That was special and is a lasting memory. Great thread and love to cruise.

We have sailed on about 50 cruises.  Mostly Celebrity and Royal Caribbean.  We prefer newer ships.  Have repeated many ports.  But for us, the ship is the most important part of the destination.  Love the Caribbean.

Celebrity

Royal

Princess

Disney

Carnival

NCL

Plus a small cruise ship, the stella solaris in Greece many years ago. And a "luxury barge" cruising down the Nile.   Will not go back to Disney as it is so overpriced.  The best multigenerational cruise IMO is Royal Caribbean Oasis class ships.  Just us, we love Celebrity Edge and Solstice class ships.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Cruise Lines (6):

Eastern Steamship Lines

Disney Cruise Line

Holland America

Royal Caribbean

fathom

Celebrity

Cruise Ships (11):

SS Emerald Seas

Disney Dream x 3

Disney Fantasy

Holland America Westerdam

Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas

fathom Adonia x 2

Disney Magic

Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas

Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas

Disney Wonder

Celebrity Edge

Ports (29 - **multiple times):

Nassau**

Freeport

Castaway Cay**

Juneau**

Skagway**

Ketchican**

Sitka

Victoria, BC

Icy Strait Point

San Juan

St Maarten

Santiago de Cuba

Cienfuegos**

Havana

Puerta Plata

Villefranche

Livorno (Florence)

Civitavecchia (Rome)

Salerno

Venice

Ravenna

Kotor

Santorini

Mykonos

Piraeus (Athens)

Katakolon (Olympia)

Key West

Cozumel

Grand Cayman

Embarkation/Debarkation Ports (8):

Miami

Port Canaveral

Seattle

Anchorage (Seward)

Vancouver, BC

Barcelona

Civitavecchia (Rome)

Ft. Lauderdale

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

1. Very cool!  We've been on 14 but the majority of those were repeat ports and ships.  We've enjoyed our time cruising and feel blessed to have taken what we have but wished some of those were to different ports.  Trying to change that currently now that we're empty nesters.  Some cruises in the past were taken simply because of school schedule and/or a great rate from a port that's within driving distance to our home.