Don’t Get Covid on Princess

memoak

3 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Absolutely not. I could not care less about what other passengers do or don’t do. Other passengers don’t come into my stateroom, don’t lean over me to serve me and so on. 

But they pass you in the hallways, sit next to you in the theater and ride on the elevator standing next to you. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

But they pass you in the hallways, sit next to you in the theater and ride on the elevator standing next to you. 

Elevators are the worst. Tons of unmasked people crammed in. When we asked them to please mask up the usual retort was “my vacation not yours” or “get over it covid is gone”. Then if course hundreds of us got infected and thrown into covid he’ll on Dolphin deck

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

Also the will be inches away in the dining room. Spending all your time in your cabin is not a cruise

Edited by memoak
  • Like 2

On 9/2/2022 at 8:15 AM, wowzz said:

What exactly do you have in mind ?

Masks are of limited use, social distancing is uneconomic,  and passengers can go ashore where there are no precautions of any sort. 

Covid is here to stay, and there are no protocols on earth that will stop jt spreading.

Require vaccination, booster, and testing. Loosening of restrictions and not requiring vaccination is going to result in things getting worse. 

Edited by Pamster
  • Like 6

On 9/2/2022 at 10:28 AM, LawDog61 said:

Since it is pretty widely known among passengers that if you report systems, you go to isolation and are treated badly, I got to think a lot of people are not reporting, just self isolating in their cabin.   This of course, greatly reduces the number of reported cases and the need to set aside (and not sell) cabins for isolation purposes- which is probably OK with princess.

Or they’re not testing or self isolating, just in denial and not worried about infecting others. 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 3:07 PM, Steelers36 said:

Guest might be asymptomatic and so they would carry on as normal and not even aware they have it.

Actually on my last cruise saw quite a few with active symptoms out and about acting as if there is not a problem.  They were certainly choosing to ignore it.

On 9/4/2022 at 8:02 AM, PescadoAmarillo said:

THIS. So much this. And that’s the thing with COVID. When those first symptoms start, you have no idea where/how this is going to end.

Exactly I had a slight fever for one day, and few days of feeling very tired, and a mild cough. My husband ended up in the hospital on day 3 for 1-1/2 weeks with pneumonia on top of the COVID, and got all the big drugs. That was late June and he’s still not back to his Porter-COVID state. Don’t know if he’ll ever get there. 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2022 at 6:27 PM, Hammerjock said:

Finally about to sail with my aging parents on Celebrity in Oct after rescheduling twice due to Covid.  With the testing protocols we felt at least there would be some limit of risk on the ship but with the testing going away for vaxxed guests, who can just as easily get sick(I’ve had it twice) I feel the risk just increased considerably and after we’d made final pymt.  I know Covid is here to stay and I am very curious to see how the cruise industry handles the inevitable outbreaks.  I think boards like this are important to educate other travelers because there is no guarantee the lines will be transparent with outbreak information.

Are you still planning on sailing?

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I am in control of my exposure or lack of exposure to other passengers. I. just. Don’t. Care. What other passengers do or don’t do. I have an incredible time. Every. Single. Sailing. 81 days done and 41 more days in the next 3 months. I must be doing something right. 💃🥂

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/11/2022 at 12:05 AM, PrincessLuver said:

Our experience was the same on the cruises we have done this year and a TA. All staff wore masks and never saw them below their chin or worn inappropriately.  I am sure they would have been reprimanded/ terminated if they created a health risks for other cruise members.

They should do that for passengers as well.

Theo

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, jsglow said:

had a great time on the cruise and on the 6 night Alaska land-tour that followed.    

how did you like the land tour after the cruise - most here seem to prefer the land first then relaxing cruise it seems ( which is what we would choose )

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

how did you like the land tour after the cruise - most here seem to prefer the land first then relaxing cruise it seems ( which is what we would choose )

I think it was 6 in one, half dozen other. We purposefully chose to go the direction we did to avoid the need to test prior to embarking in Whittier after a 'risky' land tour.  My wife and I had been 'careful' at home before the trip, gotten our 2nd booster to pump up our antibodies in early August, safely visited our son in Seattle for a few days, and tested at our earliest opportunity.  We knew we were 'good to go' for the entire duration absent some severe situation before we ever crossed the Canadian border. (I know some here will be appalled but there is zero chance I would have reported to the Health Center with the sniffles. My position with respect to Covid is clear from above.)

I do think there is something to be said about going northbound despite Covid considerations.  Alaska builds as you go north with Denali as the cherry on top.  Our six days on land was busy.  We were tired and ready to get back home when it ended.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

24 minutes ago, jsglow said:

I do think there is something to be said about going northbound despite Covid considerations.  Alaska builds as you go north with Denali as the cherry on top.  Our six days on land was busy.  We were tired and ready to get back home when it ended.

These are the reasons we did the northbound Alaska cruisetour and recommended that my siblings and spouses do the same when they booked their first Alaska cruises.  The scenic progression was striking and we topped it off with a small plane flight over the summit of Denali on a beautiful day (which obviously was pure luck).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

Not too relaxing when you and hundreds other passengers come down with covid and are subject to Canadian quarantine protocols 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

Canada is a definite no-go for us anytime soon - Alaska or New England

We took the Canadian protocols 100% into account during our planning.  I had no quarrel with testing in Seattle while we were at our son's house.  We could always cancel there, if positive, and gotten back home relatively painlessly.  But once we had that negative test in hand, we were 'done'.

I feel for those folks that took ill on the southbound leg. But our planned exit from Canadian authority within 24 hours of arriving was purposeful.  We even had a conversation with folks at the Princess McKinley Lodge about their need to test the next day and the inherent risk following their land tour. I wonder if they boarded successfully? 

4 minutes ago, jsglow said:

We took the Canadian protocols 100% into account during our planning.  I had no quarrel with testing in Seattle while we were at our son's house.  We could always cancel there, if positive, and gotten back home relatively painlessly.  But once we had that negative test in hand, we were 'done'.

I feel for those folks that took ill on the southbound leg. But our planned exit from Canadian authority within 24 hours of arriving was purposeful.  We even had a conversation with folks at the Princess McKinley Lodge about their need to test the next day and the inherent risk following their land tour. I wonder if they boarded successfully? 

I am deducing that you will not do any more testing and that you are feeling well enough to travel.  Good Luck.

Just now, cr8tiv1 said:

I am deducing that you will not do any more testing and that you are feeling well enough to travel.  Good Luck.

Not sure what you're implying.  I fulfilled all the requirements and didn't get sick.

3 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Not sure what you're implying.  I fulfilled all the requirements and didn't get sick.

No hidden agenda.  Just asking if you made it through the land portion without getting sick.  Your answer is appreciated.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

No hidden agenda.  Just asking if you made it through the land portion without getting sick.  Your answer is appreciated.  

Note that we DO have to test one more time.  We're heading to Rome in a month sailing to Greece where testing is still required.  Our strategy.... Home test (at home bf fly). Test at AirBnB in Rome at earliest opportunity 48 hours later. And yes, we have trip insurance.

On 9/2/2022 at 10:06 AM, memoak said:

Required and it was in writing. Staff just will not enforce saying to us  “when we try to enforce we get cursed at. If we try and hand them a mask they throw it back at us

Throw them in the brig. I'm serious. If willfully choosing to endanger the health and lives of fellow passengers and crew isn't enough to warrant that, just exactly what would be?

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, datac said:

Throw them in the brig. I'm serious. If willfully choosing to endanger the health and lives of fellow passengers and crew isn't enough to warrant that, just exactly what would be?

Agree, but many, including posters here, believe they are immune from covid spreading, even when Medical team recommends precautions.  Although they claim otherwise.

Edited by AnyMajorCruiseDude
Spelling
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jsglow said:

Yes, we were some of those folks in mid-June. We had never been to Alaska or on a cruise. Because the Alaska season is so short, by the time we heard about all of the COVID issues, it was too late to cancel without losing a lot of money. We hoped for the best, but it did not happen. DH contracted COVID in Fairbanks, and it manifested in Denali. Even though symptoms were very mild, we had to quarantine for 5 days in Anchorage and missed the rest of our tour and cruise. If we had to do it all over again, we would have cruised before the land tour or waited another year or two before going. Still waiting for our per diem and quarantine hotel to be refunded. Right now I don’t know  if we even want to attempt another cruise going anywhere. 

• Like 2