Soft serve - ice cream or yogurt on Harmony of the Seas?

Jeal

Just now, Jeal said:
39 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

You can get real ice cream hand scooped for you in WJ. Can’t remember if it was there for both lunch and dinner.

Excellent! Thank you. 

Also in the MDR.

8 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

On Harmony, usually both,  but please don’t ask me how I know! 🍧🍨

She says to the guy who gains 10+ lbs during a 7-night cruise, lol.

Only reason I couldn't remember was that I didn't spend nearly as much time in the WJ on Harmony a few months ago b/c it was a family trip and my extended family (including those who were generous enough to pay for the trip) aren't buffet people and I didn't make my usual nightly stop to see what the WJ had after having dinner earlier in the MDR or CK.

I can tell you ALL ABOUT the WJ on Indy since it was just me and my wife in July. 😁

Is this different for every ship? We were on Ovation and Anthem late last year and will be on Quantum in a few days. We found NO ice cream in the WJ (there might have been gelato or something that you had to pay for) so the only choices were in the MDR (generic vanilla/choc/strawberry were the only flavors available) or that horrible (IMHO) soft-serve chemical stuff. Not even any frozen yogurt!

10 hours ago, late2cruisin said:

Is this different for every ship? We were on Ovation and Anthem late last year and will be on Quantum in a few days. We found NO ice cream in the WJ (there might have been gelato or something that you had to pay for) so the only choices were in the MDR (generic vanilla/choc/strawberry were the only flavors available) or that horrible (IMHO) soft-serve chemical stuff. Not even any frozen yogurt!

I have had proper ice cream in the Windjammer on both Ovation and Quantum in May, but it was only available at dinner. Flavours were limited to the generic flavours you mentioned and then one flavour of the day. I loved the salted caramel.

Corinna

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Desert in any of the restaurants...usually include ice cream as a selection...for free!  🙂  

Me...I love the Sugar free selections.  Pretty decent.  😋

I gotta draw the line when it comes to sugar free. Not even in my vocabulary.  Dessert plus two scoops of ice cream. Maybe that's why I don't need caffeine in the morning to get me going. 😁

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I gotta draw the line when it comes to sugar free. Not even in my vocabulary.  Dessert plus two scoops of ice cream. Maybe that's why I don't need caffeine in the morning to get me going. 😁

Yeah, Bucky can eat all the sweets he can take in...and he works hard at taking them all in!  😄  Then gains no weight at all.  

Me...if I even look at any sweets, I gain weight.  😳  SF is my friend.  😉 

Could it be a different supplier ??? On some RCI ships it taste's better. Our most recent cruise on Jewel there was NO taste at all but this was an itinerary out of Amsterdam. On the other hand the cruise before that on Harmony it had a pretty good taste. 

11 hours ago, dolphingirl47 said:

I have had proper ice cream in the Windjammer on both Ovation and Quantum in May, but it was only available at dinner. Flavours were limited to the generic flavours you mentioned and then one flavour of the day. I loved the salted caramel.

Corinna

I never went to WJ at dinnertime, so I didn't know that. But that still means I have the choice of basic flavors in MDR or at WJ, only at dinner. I might try checking out their flavor of the day... How late do they serve in the WJ?

On 9/2/2022 at 11:09 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

neither

dessert mix.jpg

I have this pic (or one similar to it) in my picture album on the phone. Every time I think I want to go get one, I quickly pull this up an read the ingredients, and suddenly my craving is gone.   LOL

• Haha 1