Steak house..can I order 2 desserts (1 to go)?

lasekeye

15 hours ago, lasekeye said:

I’ve read great reviews about the Steak House chocolate cake and the cheesecake.  
Can I get both?

Yes as ordering more than one. I ordered all three icecream flavers. However, we wanted to take some items to go. The answer was NO.

I hope they would say no to eating dessert there and then taking another to go.  

I like the idea for a couple to split one dessert, and ask for the other to go.  That seems fair, as the couple paid for two desserts. 

• Like 2

The idea is to have one appetizer (although they sometimes allow two, especially if one is a soup or a salad), one entree, one side and one dessert per person.  That’s what you have paid for.  I think it puts your server in an awkward position by asking, where they have to either violate policy or disappoint guests.

the MDR is a different story, as they make it clear that you are WELCOME to order as many of any course as you like.

• Like 1

I've read that the steakhouse is cracking down on ordering two appetizers.  Apparently they are enforcing only one appetizer allowed per person.  If that's the case, I would think they would say no to eating a dessert there and ordering another to go (for the same person).  

Hmmm, what if I don’t order an appetizer?….can I trade an appetizer for a desert? 😜

The suggestion to share with hubby…is a great idea, but he’s diabetic (NO sweet things & doesn’t like cheesecake).

9 hours ago, lazydayz said:

I like the idea for a couple to split one dessert, and ask for the other to go.  That seems fair, as the couple paid for two desserts. 

Oh no.  If Mrs Ldubs wants a dessert she needs to order her own.  I'm not falling for that "I'll just have a bite of yours" routine!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, lasekeye said:

Hmmm, what if I don’t order an appetizer?….can I trade an appetizer for a desert? 😜

The suggestion to share with hubby…is a great idea, but he’s diabetic (NO sweet things & doesn’t like cheesecake).

So is he going to forego dessert?  If so, just order the one you want to eat there and he can order the other one to go.  That shouldn’t be a problem.

• Like 1