Celebration Havana Interior/Havana thoughts

illinoisfive

When we sailed Mardi Gras, those guests we talked to who have stayed in the Havana cabins on the Vista class said they would never book Xcel class Havana cabins. Both those who were staying in them on the Mardi Gras and others we spoke to. The Havana section is much larger with a full pool on the Vista Class. On Xcel they are essentially an 'island' on the side of the ship with a small infinity plunge pool. To separate it from the rest of the ship, they left off the exterior walkway around Grand Central that would have connected the starboard bar area to the Havana area. You can see the walkway on the outside of the P&O IONA, that is the same ship design. 

Honestly if we were to book Mardi Gras again I would go back to the Extended Balcony cabins we had. In our case we were on Deck 12, but they were absolutely lovely and less than the extra Havana costs. I could easily go down to the Havana Bar to get my Cuban coffee every morning. 🙂 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, WheresWalter said:

When we sailed Mardi Gras, those guests we talked to who have stayed in the Havana cabins on the Vista class said they would never book Xcel class Havana cabins. Both those who were staying in them on the Mardi Gras and others we spoke to. The Havana section is much larger with a full pool on the Vista Class. On Xcel they are essentially an 'island' on the side of the ship with a small infinity plunge pool. To separate it from the rest of the ship, they left off the exterior walkway around Grand Central that would have connected the starboard bar area to the Havana area. You can see the walkway on the outside of the P&O IONA, that is the same ship design. 

Honestly if we were to book Mardi Gras again I would go back to the Extended Balcony cabins we had. In our case we were on Deck 12, but they were absolutely lovely and less than the extra Havana costs. I could easily go down to the Havana Bar to get my Cuban coffee every morning. 🙂 

I jhave sailed both and while not as good I would disagree, as I mentioned.  Our group of 10 HC cabins echo my thoughts, but to each their own.

Havana on the vista class is definitely worth it.  We sailed on the Panorama recently and I was so impressed with the area we booked another cruise while waiting to debark.  Normally we don't do the pools on ships because of the crowds.  Most of the time we hang on the balcony but this trip we spent very little time on the balcony and was in the Havana area most of the time.  Great staff and it is never super busy.  Looking at the Marti Gra and sister ships it looks like a big downgrade.  Sitting in the infinity pool looking aft drinking a beer as you sail away from Cabo was definitely a great experience. 

IMG_3757.jpg

• Like 1

I just came off a summer Mardi Gras sailing and the Havana was worth every penny to me. All of the pools were packed except the small Havana area pool by noon. Anyway, if you do Havana Interior avoid the rooms that are right over the theater if you are a earlier sleeper. Its not a big deal until you are trying to sleep while a show is going on 🤣

• Like 2

I have had both the Havana Cabana on Vista and Havana interior on Panorama.  I liked the interior room better because of cost.  The Cabana was great, but there are just as many loungers and seating available in the Havana area by the pool you don't need the Cabana.  Just leave the room and your outside.  Never crowded and always plenty of room for our group of 11.  If possible, I will only pick a ship with Havana over a ship without.  Well worth the extra money.

• Like 2

I'm following because we LOVE the Havana area on the Vista class ships and will make sure we get a room in that area. Looking at booking Celebration and was not going to pay the extra based on previous review of Mardi Gras. 

On the Vista class Havana Club we love the private pools and getting to know the staff. I will say that on the Splendor in August to Alaska the adults only AFT Serenity pool had the a very similar atmosphere which we really enjoyed. 

I would book a Havana Cabana (or even an interior) every time on the Excel class ships if it weren't for the price.  We have been in an extended (hump) balcony and a Havana Cabana on Mardi Gras.  The HC was during spring break and the ship was extremely crowded, but you never knew it in the Havana area (nice and quiet, lounge chairs always available).  We had a total of 5 family members (3 in HC and 2 Havana interior) and we spent so much time on our HC patio.

We booked the HC back at the height of the pandemic and it was roughly the same price as an extended balcony.  Every time I've checked since then it's at least $1,000 more.😕

• Like 1

8 hours ago, eltigre said:

does anyone know if  breakfast  by the Havana area is still an option?

No, but on Mardi Gras the Havana area is at the front of deck 8 and Pig & Anchor (8 aft - a short walk) has a full breakfast buffet (including omelet station).  It was so nice, after the first morning when when the lido was chaos, we always went there instead.

11 minutes ago, csm5986142 said:

No, but on Mardi Gras the Havana area is at the front of deck 8 and Pig & Anchor (8 aft - a short walk) has a full breakfast buffet (including omelet station).  It was so nice, after the first morning when when the lido was chaos, we always went there instead.

That's great to know! We'll be on in a couple weeks and we're also in a Havana. We also booked during the pandemic and the price increased significantly overtime. I think we'll enjoy the patio and use it a lot so the quiet atmosphere will be worth it for us. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2022 at 9:06 AM, illinoisfive said:

any info on the havana interior rooms would be greatly appreciated.  Also is the Havana area worth it on this ship?

Late to conversation about this.  I have been in Havana area on both Vista (Havana Cabana Patio) and Panorama (Havana Interior).  We have a booking for Celebration Havana interior. We loved the interior and I'm spoiled to the amenities of the Havana area.  The cabana is really nice and if you enjoy being in your room area, it's great.  My sister had to work one day so it was great for her.  But we wouldn't book it again, just too overpriced for the amount of time we spent out there, which was low.  We spent all our time at the pool.  The interior was perfect for my husband and I. HTH!

I agree with most of the comments.  We sailed in a Havana aft balcony on both Vista and Horizon and LOVED IT.  I booked the same on Mardi Gras and HATED IT.  Area is so small, no direct sun on the balcony, and odd location.  I ended up moving from a Havana Cabana on the Celebration to a spa balcony.  I would do Havana on Vista or Horizon again in a heart beat but not on Celebration or Mardi Gras.  We used the larger Serenity deck on Mardi Gras and were very happy.  

• Thanks 1

Totally comparing apples and oranges. The Havana area on the three Vista Class ships was the best thing that Carnival had come up with for years.  Good size pool, two hot tubs, two tiki huts, lots of padded loungers and the back section of deck five with a beautiful wake view.

Now, on the Excel Class it was an afterthought.  It's on the starboard side of deck 8 just forward of mid ship.  It has a postage sized pool, no hot tubs, no tiki huts, no wake view.  Only you can decide if the price difference is worth it to you.

• Like 2

We stayed in an inside Havana cabin on the Mardi Gras, room 8267.  It is right below the sound room for the theater.  So every time there is a show or any other event in the theater, it was REALLY loud.  We were unable to get much rest.  Thanks to the ship not being full and the great work of guest services, we were able to be moved.  I won't book another inside Havana on this type of ship.  Lesson learned!

• Thanks 1

No comparison between Vista and Excel class. Havana is not worth the extra cost on Excel class....You can find privacy in other areas away from main pool deck without paying Havna upcharge. Carnival really blew it by reducing Havana experience and amenities on Excel class ships

On 9/11/2022 at 3:42 PM, Krisco said:

We think Havana is worth the extra money for sure. Especially during spring break or during time with a lot of kids. Lounges available. Not hundreds of people packed at a pool. Own bar and servers.   

The Havana pool on the Celebration is more like a bird bath when compared with the Havana pools on Vista class ships.

That being said we are booked in a Havana cabana next April on Celebration.

We had a Havana Cabana on Vista in 2019, loved it! We were on the same deck as the pool and bar. Just walk around the corner and we were there. However we are Aft Balcony people so for our cruise on the Horizon in May we booked Havana Aft. But I highly recommend the Havana Section.

Had a Havana interior on Horizon several weeks ago. Loved it and will never sail on a Vista class ship in anything other than a Havana cabin again. It was such a wonderful crowd hanging out there.

It could be a little noisy in the evenings in the room but between my sound machine and unisom it wasnt an issue. After watching several walkthrough videos of the Havana area on Mardi Gras, and reading the comments from people who have stayed there on Mardi Gras, I changed my cabin on an upcoming Celebration cruise from a Havana interior to a regular balcony cabin.

• 5 weeks later...