Shorts permitted in Princess dining room?

melk

34 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Sweeping seat of the pants estimate of numbers in a futile attempt to justify a skewed point of view. 

What a guy. 

32 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

And even fewer on a Princess sailing. 

Bring your best lame logic game with you today are you? 

You really do seem to have a problem !

I am reporting what I see on cruises out of the UK  and Europe.  Of course I am not giving a scientific analysis, just my observation. 

I always felt that Americans were easy going, liberal individuals. Certainly that has been my experience in numerous business and holiday trips to the US. 

So, I have no problem with whatever people want to wear - however,  for some reason,  you do not want to allow me to wear what I want. 

If I want to wear a tuxedo, what harm does it do ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, SantaFeFan said:

Even on our last Mediterranean cruise just before the pandemic I did not see anyone wearing tuxedos

I'll bring you up to date !

Regal Princess, May/June this year. Lots of men, admittedly mainly Brits, but a few Americans as well, wearing tuxedos. 

But, who cares ? Wear what you like. But the anti-formal brigade seem to worry far more about a bow tie than I do about  a t shirt and shorts.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, voljeep said:

if anyone is pro long pants - they will quote the Princess 'policy'

if anyone is pro shorts - they will report what they have actually happened and seen on board

I choose long pants to dinner as I find the DR's quite cool.  That's my comfort policy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

I'll bring you up to date !

Regal Princess, May/June this year. Lots of men, admittedly mainly Brits, but a few Americans as well, wearing tuxedos. 

But, who cares ? Wear what you like. But the anti-formal brigade seem to worry far more about a bow tie than I do about  a t shirt and shorts.

LOL! And I wear my Anti-Formal Brigade uniform with pride!!! Who wouldn't with such fine attire!! 

Mens Nerd Costume - Halloween Costume Ideas 2022

• Haha 1

Two years ago this forum was pretty well dead with a lot of doom and gloom around covid and the demise of the cruise industry. Today? Just like old times bickering about the dress code! What a time to be alive!

image.png.663e4959a4fcb262b918d81b1ad88459.png

Edited by Outerdog
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

It's the white socks I object to...Socks are supposed to match  the pants.   Rookie fashion error.

I don't know - sounds kind of old school. But then, I think they should have been knee high!  Hahah

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

So, I have no problem with whatever people want to wear - however,  for some reason,  you do not want to allow me to wear what I want. 

If I want to wear a tuxedo, what harm does it do ?

Now there you’ve gone and done a complete about face. Is this the same individual who for ages has looked down his nose at anyone

who fails to dress “properly” or up to his standards? Of course it is. 

Since you asked, speaking for myself and I’m reasonably certain a whole bunch of others here, I couldn’t care less if you decide to dress like the Christmas turkey in the MDR at dinner or anywhere else for that matter. 

That said, if your revised point of view now includes making peace with the fact that there are others who don’t subscribe to your dress demands on others, it’s a new day!

Enjoy your tux. I believe everyone here, including me, support you wearing  it. Be happy with your choice of dress. I am. Is it too much to ask that your support the dress choices of others?

12 hours ago, sloopsailor said:

I almost used "at a wedding", but remembered the wedding in Arizona we attended last month. The groom and groomsmen wore red tennis shoes, black jeans, a black T-shirt with red tie printed on them, all finished off with a beer holster and open beer bottle on their belts. 

image.jpeg.71e37568be5a21755a75220e5e0bd24f.jpeg

Some people wore shorts, and one very exuberant young lady wore a dress that appeared to be spray painted on. It was an entertaining wedding, even to the point the bride's mother drunkenly insulted the grooms mother, which left the groom fighting mad and the bride in tears, and everyone else very uncomfortable. 

The really sad part of this is that the groom was my nephew, who was raised much differently than how we raised our own kids. 

BTW: I wore a sports coat, dark slacks, white shirt and tie. I was the one overdressed for that event! LOL!!!

There just has to be the basis of a film script here...good luck and good fortune!

7 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Or maybe they are simply enjoying themselves and don't give a rip what the self-important "I'm better than you" crowd think. 

Woosh,,,,my comment directed @Essex Racer went right over your head. You certainly did not get the cultural references and I do not expect you to but I think Essex Racer does.

Edited by brisalta
  • Like 1

On 9/12/2022 at 6:55 PM, MISTER 67 said:

Some people just can't help themselves from being snide.

THe only way someone would not know is they have never read the princess.com information pages. I think they know, but what they really want to know is if they can get away with it.  I have never understood why it is such a huge, big deal with people who can't dress like they are going to a nice restaurant.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, stoneharborlady said:

I will not ask what they are wearing!!!

Actually they dress quite respectfully, similar to what you would see on a casual night on Princess. (but not shorts & t shirt)

Yes, some guys will wear a jacket but no one would look twice if they weren't wearing one since the weather is hot almost 10 months out of the year. 

The women wear mostly anything plain & simple.