The key

36 minutes ago, gottagoacruzn said:

What does the key mean? Inquiring minds would like to know, cuz I don't!! Any suggestions? Thanks.

I didn’t have a clue about the key either. It wasn’t anything I was really interested in what with the perks I already receive. 

But, this cruise coming up I needed to have Wi-Fi, it’s not something I usually use when I cruise. Wi-Fi is included in the key package and the key package was on sale for cheaper than the Wi-Fi. So I bought it. Most of the perks that come with the key I already get with D+. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Your carry one will be inside your room before you. 

Okay thanks!  I wasn’t sure if it’s brought later in the day or if they drop it off to your cabin so it’s there when they open up access to the cabins.  Thanks again!

5 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Your carry one will be inside your room before you. 

In some cases, yes. I'm currently on Oasis at the Seas. I have the KEY. Cabins opened at 1pm, I received my carry-on at 3pm. (On Sep 11, 2022)

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Radio said:

In some cases, yes. I'm currently on Oasis at the Seas. I have the KEY. Cabins opened at 1pm, I received my carry-on at 3pm. (On Sep 11, 2022)

Thank you for that.  What time did you drop your bag off?  

5 hours ago, Radio said:

Sorry, another question…how much did you pay for the key?  I will be on Allure next year and seriously considering it.

On 9/17/2022 at 3:59 PM, Radio said:

Oh, this is good to know.  Thank you.  We have The Key for our upcoming cruise, but I think I will just keep a small bag with some first day essentials with me just in case of an emergency.  

Being a first time cruiser on RCI how easy will it be to make reservations in order to take advantage of the VIP access offered as part of "The Key" package? From what I have been able to find out, you can't make any reservations until you board the ship. More questions???

5 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

Being a first time cruiser on RCI how easy will it be to make reservations in order to take advantage of the VIP access offered as part of "The Key" package? From what I have been able to find out, you can't make any reservations until you board the ship. More questions???

I'm not sure I understand your question.

When you say "VIP access", are you referring to "sitting in the special section of the theater" for shows?  You just make reservations for whatever shows you want to go to when you get on the ship.  Set up the app on your phone before you go and get logged in, then as soon as you board and connect to the ship's network, you can scroll through the whole week's entertainment and make your reservations.

When you get to the show, you can go sit in the "special section" if you want to (it's not necessarily the most desired part of the venue). FYI, they open up the "special section" to the general public around 10 minutes before the show starts, so don't leave your arrival to the venue to the last minute.  

24 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I'm not sure I understand your question.

When you say "VIP access", are you referring to "sitting in the special section of the theater" for shows?  You just make reservations for whatever shows you want to go to when you get on the ship.  Set up the app on your phone before you go and get logged in, then as soon as you board and connect to the ship's network, you can scroll through the whole week's entertainment and make your reservations.

When you get to the show, you can go sit in the "special section" if you want to (it's not necessarily the most desired part of the venue). FYI, they open up the "special section" to the general public around 10 minutes before the show starts, so don't leave your arrival to the venue to the last minute.  

I think that the question is about special times for the flowrider and rock wall "and more" (according to RC's description on the website)

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

I think that the question is about special times for the flowrider and rock wall "and more" (according to RC's description on the website)

Yeah, I wasn't sure what they were talking about.  If they are referring to the special access to the Flowrider, rock wall, etc.: 

There are no reservations for that -- they will give you a letter stating what day and time your "special access" is, and you just go there then.  You'll have one designated hour, and it's not just for you -- it's available to everyone who purchased The Key. 

On 9/17/2022 at 9:38 PM, slyster said:

Sorry, another question…how much did you pay for the key?  I will be on Allure next year and seriously considering it.

The KEY will vary in price from Ship and Sail date. I have seen it for as low as 15.99 per day up to 29.99 per day. 

Wanted to jump in here and ask a question.  We purchased the Key for our upcoming Allure cruise due to a RCCL glitch which advertised it at $16.99 pp.  (was corrected later that dayon website to $32.99).  I've never needed it before as we usually go on the smaller ships and I never really saw the advantage.  But regardless, I am curious about something mentioned.  So say if you board at 1030am, you can go directly to your room? And all your bags will usually be there including carryon?  Its my 1st time with this so I really haven't paid attention to posts about it in the past.

7 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Wanted to jump in here and ask a question.  We purchased the Key for our upcoming Allure cruise due to a RCCL glitch which advertised it at $16.99 pp.  (was corrected later that dayon website to $32.99).  I've never needed it before as we usually go on the smaller ships and I never really saw the advantage.  But regardless, I am curious about something mentioned.  So say if you board at 1030am, you can go directly to your room? And all your bags will usually be there including carryon?  Its my 1st time with this so I really haven't paid attention to posts about it in the past.

No, you cannot go to your room until they are available to everyone. There is a designated table at the main dining room “key lunch” where you can deposit your carry-on bags and they will be hand-delivered to your room and placed inside. 

Just now, not-enough-cruising said:

No, you cannot go to your room until they are available to everyone. There is a designated table at the main dining room “key lunch” where you can deposit your carry-on bags and they will be hand-delivered to your room and placed inside. 

Thanks!  Will give me time to stake my claim on the specialty restaurants as we have unlimited dining rather than unpack.  

8 minutes ago, slyster said:

same here...it's been $34.99 on my cruise for a while

That's the price now for our cruise on Mariner leaving Saturday.  We got it during the Labor Day sale for $17.99, it was about $25 more, total, than the internet package we had already purchased.

Thanks for the information. Hopefully I can become a little more proficient in using apps.

For my cruise "The Key" was $34.99. I just looked and it is $30.99. Also, the internet and drink packages have dropped a little. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they drop a little more before the first of the year.