Regal cabin L107 - forward facing balcony - questions

sallybrown2012

We were in L108 for a b2b and it was a great room.  Your layout will be just opposite of what we had(instead of left yours will be right.

When you walk in there were a couple of closets along the left wall.  The bathroom entrance was on the right; and your desk will be on the left beyond the closets.  To the right past the bathroom entrance was a couch, table and television.  The balcony doors were straight ahead.  If you make a right and walk past the couch, you will enter the bedroom, there is a curtain between the two rooms if you want to use it.  There is a large window which looks out the front of the ship, and an additional television.  They will ask that at night you keep the curtains to the front window closed when the lights in the room are on because it interferes with the bridge view.

I hope this helps you.  

• Like 1

These forward corner cabins are the best. In fact, we love them so much we have taken on a "tour" of L108. So far we've been in L108 on the Royal, Regal (2 times), Sky (3 times), the Enchanted, the Majestic Princess and next June we're in L108 on the Discovery Princess!

Edited by carefreebee

Your sliding glass patio door looks out to the side of the ship. We favor these M6 cabins over any others because the floorplan works best for us. My hubby gets up way too early in the morning, and in one of these he has access to the living area, the bathroom, and the deck outside without disturbing me.

19 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

Your sliding glass patio door looks out to the side of the ship. We favor these M6 cabins over any others because the floorplan works best for us. My hubby gets up way too early in the morning, and in one of these he has access to the living area, the bathroom, and the deck outside without disturbing me.

This is why I prefer the Lido version of these also... except that I am the dreaded early riser lol.  Also the privacy on the balcony is better than the Marina deck cabins.

This is one of our favorite cabins.  There is some wind while the ship is sailing, but it never really bothered us on Caribbean sailings.  The layout is fabulous, and the huge balcony - perhaps I should stop talking it up so I have a chance at booking them in the future.  😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, vjmatty said:

This is why I prefer the Lido version of these also... except that I am the dreaded early riser lol.  Also the privacy on the balcony is better than the Marina deck cabins.

I think we're the odd ones in that we don't care about privacy on a balcony. And we love the fact that the balcony on the Marina deck M6 cabins goes out over the bridge. 

1 hour ago, CATGUY7 said:

This is one of our favorite cabins.  There is some wind while the ship is sailing, but it never really bothered us on Caribbean sailings.  The layout is fabulous, and the huge balcony - perhaps I should stop talking it up so I have a chance at booking them in the future.  😉

I keep telling myself to stop talking about these cabins! Since there're only four of them, it's hard enough as it is to get one. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, CATGUY7 said:

Can you use the balcony while at sea

Some might find walking around uncomfortable at full sail, but the deck front is metal and high enough that, when sitting, you don't feel as much of the wind as you'd think.  

I will say, on our last cruise, we hit some pretty bad weather one night overnight, and one of the chairs kept knocking up against the wall, which made sleeping difficult.  There was only one night of that though.   We had no other issues.

If I might ask as this thread has got us to relook at these forward suite cabins. How are they more advantageous when compared to an aft-facing Vista Suite. For example, on an Alaska cruise? Also, in rough weather, we’ve always considered the cabins on the bow “diving board cabins”. How are they really in high seas? 

6 hours ago, dave_k58 said:

Can you use the balcony while at sea

We were in M107 on the Discovery a few weeks back, and I spent a lot of time out on the balcony while we were at sea. I had to check around to find the sweet spot out of the wind, but I was always able to find one.

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I might ask as this thread has got us to relook at these forward suite cabins. How are they more advantageous when compared to an aft-facing Vista Suite. For example, on an Alaska cruise? Also, in rough weather, we’ve always considered the cabins on the bow “diving board cabins”. How are they really in high seas? 

They are Club Class Mini Suites for starters and are priced lower than the mid-ship CC Minis.  They are awesome on Alaska cruises, especially in Glacier Bay.  We were on that ginormous M107 balcony and folks were asking how to get to where we were and we told them buy us a drink LOL.  It's huge.  You do feel a lot of motion up there so if the seas are active like they were a couple of days for us in Alaska last year and you're sensitive to if you won't feel great.  I can take a lot of motion but I actually ended up taking half a Bonine one afternoon.  In the Caribbean it was fine and the weather was good enough to use the balcony while underway.  We've been in these cabins on the Majestic and Regal Princess and love them.

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

They are Club Class Mini Suites for starters and are priced lower than the mid-ship Minis.  They are awesome on Alaska cruises, especially in Glacier Bay.  We were on that ginormous M107 balcony and folks were asking how to get to where we were and we told them buy us a drink LOL.  It's huge.  You do feel a lot of motion up there so if the seas are active like they were a couple of days for us in Alaska last year and you're sensitive to if you won't feel great.  I can take a lot of motion but I actually ended up taking half a Bonine.  In the Caribbean it was fine and the weather was good enough to use the balcony while underway.  We've been in these cabins on the Majestic and Regal Princess and love them.

Wow! I just assumed they were Premium Suites like L107 on the Crown for example. Good to know! Thanks!!

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Wow! I just assumed there were Premium Suites like L107 on the Crown for example. Good to know! Thanks!!

You're welcome.  These are only on the Royal Class ships and are L107/L108 and M107/M108.  The Lido deck version has a somewhat larger cabin but the balcony is smaller than the Marina cabins (but still a very nice size).  The Marina deck ones have the balcony that stretches out over the bridge so it's massive. 

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
On 9/20/2022 at 6:28 AM, Outerdog said:

Here is a video tour of Majestic's L107. Should be very similar to Regal's L107.

Thanks for the video. 

We're in L107 on the Regal soon and we're planning on having room service on the balcony for the evening sailaways. 

3 hours ago, no1superfan said:

Thanks for the video. 

We're in L107 on the Regal soon and we're planning on having room service on the balcony for the evening sailaways. 

It's doable, but keep in mind that it can get windy up there. You might find it necessary to compromise with the service inside and drinks out on the balcony. It all just depends on the conditions.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, no1superfan said:

Thanks for the video. 

I would not wait until sailaway.  Have your dinner earlier, to avoid the wind blowing your dinner away. lol We book L101 frequently and we love it, but we understand that sometimes the balcony is not always useable.  In port, it’s your own private resort in CC class.  Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, no1superfan said:

All that space and sparcely furnished. Isn't it big enough to be a suite? The wine service is a nice touch.

I stayed in these more than once and never realized the sofa doesn't pull out. Saw it here on cc and checked. It definitely doesn't. It was said here that this is probably because the sofa would block any kind of easy pass through from bedroom area to bathroom or balcony. I think that's the case.