Volendam Lanai Cabins

budddawn

Hi;

My wife and I have an Lanai cabin (3350} on the 94 day Australia & South Pacific cruise in January of "24". In searching the web for cabin plans, we have found quite a few, but none of them agree with the others. We would greatly appreciate any plans, photos or videos of  VOLENDAM's cabin 3350. Thanks in advance.

BUDD

18 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Cruisedeckplans.com has pics of 3335 and 3339.  I suspect 3350 is not any different.  EM

Thanks for the reply, but these seem to be the same stock photos that show a Lanai cabin for ANY HAL ship.

Budd 

18 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

On halfacts.com there are photos of two Lanai cabins on the Volendam, only on the starboard side.  Your room should be similar.

https://halfacts.com/3339-volendam/

https://halfacts.com/3335-volendam/

Thanks but I have found these on Web Labeled either Amsterdam or Rotterdam.

Budd

2 minutes ago, budddawn said:

Budd

Photos on Hal Facts are submitted by cruisers who have stayed in the cabin. While they might have been several years ago, they are pictures of the cabin on Volendam

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, budddawn said:

Budd

I think I would believe halfacts.com describing those two cabins as from Volendam.  Or the two posters who submitted them to halfacts.com @LAFFNVEGAS  and @Vict0riann.  Since I've tagged them perhaps they will check out this thread and verify they actually stayed on Volendam.  Not sure why you are questioning it.

• Like 2

Yes, that was me who posted the picture of the Lanai cabin o the Volendam. I have to amit I actually liked the stateroom and location. We had originally booked a Vista Suite for that Alaska cruise but was told due to a glitch with the booking system they over sold Vista Suites and needed to move people. I declined the first offer but stated if I could have a better offer for a Lanai I would take it. Another week or two passes and they made me an offer I could not refuse. I think if there are no Vista Suites  or cost is an issue the lanai is a great alternative. The only negative is people walking by and trying to look into your stateroom and or at night you must remember to keep the curtains closed. Other than that it was all good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Yes, that was me who posted the picture of the Lanai cabin o the Volendam. I have to amit I actually liked the stateroom and location. We had originally booked a Vista Suite for that Alaska cruise but was told due to a glitch with the booking system they over sold Vista Suites and needed to move people. I declined the first offer but stated if I could have a better offer for a Lanai I would take it. Another week or two passes and they made me an offer I could not refuse. I think if there are no Vista Suites  or cost is an issue the lanai is a great alternative. The only negative is people walking by and trying to look into your stateroom and or at night you must remember to keep the curtains closed. Other than that it was all good.

I love the lanai cabins and think people really can't see much. The easy acess to the Promenade is a big plus, and we take these cabins if they are available.  Some people complain that they are small, but we went on one 49 days cruise and found it to have plenty of space. Of course people generally find something to complain about, no matter what.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I find it so odd that people would rather look into a stateroom than the beautiful sea.

Ah, true.  I live by the ocean and people always try to peer into my house.  Human nature, I guess.  I have to close my blinds alot because of turtle season, anyway, but your point is definitely right on.

8 minutes ago, albingirl said:

Ah, true.  I live by the ocean and people always try to peer into my house.  Human nature, I guess.  I have to close my blinds alot because of turtle season, anyway, but your point is definitely right on.

I make a point of not looking at houses, people that are randomly walking by etc.  I’m struggling with knee problems and I’m in a lot of pain even though I put on a lot of steps daily.  In the last week I’ve been called slow and someone decided to mimic the way I walk when I first get up and struggle to get going.  When people do things like that it’s a wonder they don’t ring your doorbell and ask for a tour 🙄.

Just now, Florida_gal_50 said:

I make a point of not looking at houses, people that are randomly walking by etc.  I’m struggling with knee problems and I’m in a lot of pain even though I put on a lot of steps daily.  In the last week I’ve been called slow and someone decided to mimic the way I walk when I first get up and struggle to get going.  When people do things like that it’s a wonder they don’t ring your doorbell and ask for a tour 🙄.

Sad, that people would do that to you. Yes, I am continually amazed at the brass of people.  Best to ignore them all.

• Like 1

I will be in 3350 for the Grand South American cruise this coming Jan. (23) and will be next door 3348 for the Grand Australian in 2024. If you send me your email through the roll call I will send you pictures when I get on. I will be taking pictures to post on halfacts so will have pictures available. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LocoLoco1 said:

With a Veranda stateroom booked and $Paid$ for on the VOLENDAM (I have a printed Confirmation that states VERANDA). My QUESTION: Now what??!!  

Did you book through a travel agent or direct? If you had used a PCC, you would only have to ring them up and ask. There are no Verandah (with an H always on HAL) cabins on the Volendam. The "lowest" cabin that has a balcony (or Veranda, possibly without the H) is the Vista suite.

What is your cabin number?

As far as "Now what??!!" the answer would be, pack for your cruise.

On 9/25/2022 at 1:33 PM, LAFFNVEGAS said:

I have two questions about the Lanai cabins, I see from your photo that there are no cushions on the chairs. What do you do if you want to sit and they have been put away by the crew? Do they ever take the chairs away or can you sit out there at night too? And do they have fridges in the cabin? Thanks. 

19 minutes ago, lindaler said:

I have two questions about the Lanai cabins, I see from your photo that there are no cushions on the chairs. What do you do if you want to sit and they have been put away by the crew? Do they ever take the chairs away or can you sit out there at night too? And do they have fridges in the cabin? Thanks. 

The cushions on the chairs would appear if  the weather was good. This was an Alaska cruise I was on.I think a lot depends on the itinerary. It sounds terrible to say but I honestly do not remember if there was a fridge but I think there might have been.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lindaler said:

From what I've seen on Veendam a few moons ago, the cushions get stowed overnight. The deck chairs remain in their spot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lindaler said:

And do they have fridges in the cabin? Thanks. 

The OV's that the Lanai cabins were converted from, do not have fridges (hence no designated place for them). I could find no photos showing a mini-fridge. You can rent one for (used to be) $2/day. Arrange ahead of time! The only place to put it is in the knee-bay of the desk/vanity.

8 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

The OV's that the Lanai cabins were converted from, do not have fridges (hence no designated place for them). I could find no photos showing a mini-fridge. You can rent one for (used to be) $2/day. Arrange ahead of time! The only place to put it is in the knee-bay of the desk/vanity.

Someone posted recently that the fridges at still $2 so that’s good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Only speaking regarding my experience on Veendam (smaller ship than the R class), I cannot picture where you would fit a refrigerator.

Agreed, based on my experience on all four S-class and all 4 R-class ships. That includes one of them after the conversion to Lanai, when the desk became remarkably smaller.