Maybe the last surviving double points promo fiasco

pcur

Remember the double points promo where you had to sail by 9/30? I got off the Allure on 9/25.  When I moved my former booking that was cancelled by RCCL, I was assured I would received the double points.

Yesterday, I checked my points. I sailed solo, so I should have received double-double.  Got on the phone with C&A D+/Pinnacle line.  

First of all, Diego ROCKS!!  So, polite and courteous.

Long over 1 hour story made  short (and a reminder to self):  Always, always, always keep the money/FCC trail if you have to move a booking to another one, or RCCL cancels and you have to rebook.  I explained to Diego, he went to Loyalty Resolutions. My current booking on the Allure was made after the deadline.  It was because RCCL cancelled it after the deadline.  Four "no's" later I told Diego to have them follow the money backwards, because the one RCCL cancelled actually came from another previous one my (former) travel agency cancelled by mistake.  AH!  They found that booking date, and gave me the extra points immediately.  

Would have been so much faster if I had the booking breadcrumb trail documented.  While I was one hold I finally found it myself.

Edited by pcur
  • Like 5

Thank you for the recommendation.  We have 2 cruises that we should be getting double points on due to the cruises being cancelled by RCL.  I will make sure to keep all of the documents.  They assured us that since the booking numbers didn’t change, there wouldn’t be a problem.  We shall see.

9 minutes ago, pcur said:

Remember the double points promo where you had to sail by 9/30? I got off the Allure on 9/25.  When I moved my former booking that was cancelled by RCCL, I was assured I would received the double points.

Yesterday, I checked my points. I sailed solo, so I should have received double-double.  Got on the phone with C&A D+/Pinnacle line.  

First of all, Diego ROCKS!!  So, polite and courteous.

Long over 1 hour story made  short (and a reminder to self):  Always, always, always keep the money/FCC trail if you have to move a booking to another one, or RCCL cancels and you have to rebook.  I explained to Diego, he went to Loyalty Resolutions. My current booking on the Allure was made after the deadline.  It was because RCCL cancelled it after the deadline.  Four "no's" later I told Diego to have them follow the money backwards, because the one RCCL cancelled actually came from another previous one my (former) travel agency cancelled by mistake.  AH!  They found that booking date, and gave me the extra points immediately.  

Would have been so much faster if I had the booking breadcrumb trail documented.  While I was one hold I finally found it myself.

Actually the promo doesnt end until the end of dec, book by sept 30 2021 and sail by dec 31 2022. 

You have thru dec to sail. I have a b2b in dec. Double pts.

• Like 2

Yes as to 12/31, but actually can be until 1 year from the sail date of the cancelled cruise, whichever is later.  Used fcc on a 8/28 cruise from a 1/9 cancelled Jewel cruise.  2 phone calls later extra points added.  And the problem was solved because I had the fcc numbers they could trace.  Still have 1 fcc from that cancelled cruise using 1/6.  Figure we'll have to call about that one also. 

I had the exact same issue with a cruise on Explorer. I booked in February using FCC from cancelled Jewel on 1-9. 
Funny (yet not so funny at the time) was that Royal answered the phone much sooner than I anticipated. I dialed before I gathered all my info and a customer service rep answered immediately, 10:45 am on a Saturday.

Once I found all my info they were able to apply the points correctly.

I had to call one other time with point issues from a Jewel cancellation. Fingers crossed I won’t need to make any additional calls. Although I fully expect to call in January for our Vision Dec 26 that was cancelled twice. 

Hopefully cruise cancellations are a thing of the past.

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Actually the promo doesnt end until the end of dec, book by sept 30 2021 and sail by dec 31 2022. 

You have thru dec to sail. I have a b2b in dec. Double pts.

Please substitute the word "book" for "sail".

2 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Yes as to 12/31, but actually can be until 1 year from the sail date of the cancelled cruise, whichever is later.  Used fcc on a 8/28 cruise from a 1/9 cancelled Jewel cruise.  2 phone calls later extra points added.  And the problem was solved because I had the fcc numbers they could trace.  Still have 1 fcc from that cancelled cruise using 1/6.  Figure we'll have to call about that one also. 

Yes, it's up to us to prove to them we are eligible for the double points, and to keep the trail of booking crumbs.  Seems backwards, doesn't it?

1 hour ago, catella02 said:

We have to call them this week because we didn't get our double points either. Thanks everyone for posting the information on what paperwork we need to get it corrected.

Make sure you have all your reservation numbers, cancelled cruise and new one.  Also fcc certificate number. 

I am curious how the double points will be handled on the Mariner cruise we took last week.  The Capt sent out a letter saying we would get points for the two extended nights and I wonder if they will be one point or points equal to the other five nights.  This was our last double points cruise and we sailed in a JS so we would get 22 points (4 for five nights plus 1 point each extended night or 4 points every night equaling 28 pts or even 24 points at 4 per night for five nights and 2 per night for the two extended nights).  Ugh, I feel a C&A call coming up 😁

On 10/2/2022 at 4:16 PM, njkruzer said:

Good luck with that one.  I have been told that it ends 12/31/2022.  My sailings that were cancelled for April 2022 and shifted to 2023 will no longer get double points.

• Like 1

We had a booking that qualified for the double double promo on our Allure cruise last month. I was expecting problems and had the paper trail ready in case I needed it. Fortunately our points came through including the promo points so I didn’t need the documentation, but I was glad I had it anyway. I really wish we could have booked a few more cruises under that promo. 😔 

Hope anyone who’s entitled to those promo points gets them without having to chase them down..

Edited by perfect match
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, perfect match said:

We had a booking that qualified for the double double promo on our Allure cruise last month. I was expecting problems and had the paper trail ready in case I needed it. Fortunately our points came through including the promo points so I didn’t need the documentation, but I was glad I had it anyway. I really wish we could have booked a few more cruises under that promo. 😔 

Hope anyone who’s entitled to those promo points gets them without having to chase them down..

We were awarded the double points for last week's sailing (last night actually) but not for the two nights the Captain said we would get when our cruise was extended.  I messaged them and am awaiting a response.  One person says they called C&A and were told they needed proof that the extra nights were to be awarded.  Letters were sent to our cabins so most of us probably have proof but it was Royal's decision/offer to us so I don't know why they don't have it noted somewhere themselves!

21 hours ago, Blizzard54 said:

Good luck with that one.  I have been told that it ends 12/31/2022.  My sailings that were cancelled for April 2022 and shifted to 2023 will no longer get double points.

Our promise is in writing.