Spiced rum? I'm hearing Cap' Morgans has gone?!

cbowls30

I've been reading various groups that there is no longer Captain Morgans Spiced Rum on the ships, is that true? do they have an alternative spiced rum?

My husband only drinks spiced rum and coke, he's not going to be impressed if there's none on the ship!

2 hours ago, cbowls30 said:

I've been reading various groups that there is no longer Captain Morgans Spiced Rum on the ships, is that true? do they have an alternative spiced rum?

My husband only drinks spiced rum and coke, he's not going to be impressed if there's none on the ship!

Definitely no coke.

As a monthly cruiser on carnival, correct they removed captain Morgan spice rum when they switched to Pepsi ( don’t know if coke owns Morgan or not) but now they offer a Bacardi Spice Rum not nearly as good especially with Pepsi. I just sneak on my captain and bring my 12 pack of coke cans each cruise, it’s by far my favorite drink.

3 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

What is available and supplied for use at the bars is different than the shops.

Different Companies: Carnival = Bacardi & Pepsi, Ship Of The Seas = Capt. Morgan & Coke

Edited by JoeMo
miss spoke

14 hours ago, canes20 said:

Which is worse, no Coke or no Captain Morgan?

To be honest I'm not bothered about whether it's Coke or Pepsi.  I quite enjoy both so I would definitely err on the side of the latter with regards to your question.  In the UK we use Coke as a generic term for all the cola's but hopefully they have Diet Pepsi or Pepsi Max on Carnival?  I've had the Barcadi spiced rum before and it wasn't very nice in my opinion but it is what it is.  Just happy to be cruising abroad again!

On 10/10/2022 at 3:07 AM, Concretemanstan said:

To be honest I'm not bothered about whether it's Coke or Pepsi.  I quite enjoy both so I would definitely err on the side of the latter with regards to your question.  In the UK we use Coke as a generic term for all the cola's but hopefully they have Diet Pepsi or Pepsi Max on Carnival?  I've had the Barcadi spiced rum before and it wasn't very nice in my opinion but it is what it is.  Just happy to be cruising abroad again!

They definitely have Diet Pepsi. 

On 10/8/2022 at 9:18 PM, peoriaguy1958 said:

( don’t know if coke owns Morgan or not) 

Looks like Captain Morgan is owned by British alcohol conglomerate Diageo. But I did find an article calling Diageo "the Coca-Cola" of alcohol so maybe that's why they're gone? Guilt by association? 😆