Check-In and COVID Testing

I keep checking to see when we can check in, but it says check-in is unavailable. When does check-in open? And, to get an earlier board time, is it the order in which you check in?

also, do you need proof of a negative Covid test when you board? I keep hearing both yes and no. 

Thanks in advance.

As said 45, sometimes 44/43, but picking Check in time usually 30days. On a Longer Panama Canal 10+ niter so last Sunday I had to show CV Neg Test, but this was a picture of me holding Test was all required

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

Everyone on a Transatlantic from Europe requires to have a proctored negative covid test, along with the appropriate vaccinations and booster etc.   

Please check the Healthy Sail Centre details for the port that your sailing from on Royal's website.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Testing. It's when you stick a swab up your nose and stick it in a card that tells you if you have SARS-CoV-2 or not. 

Think PP was referring to the misspelling in the title.  And you should be able to select an ARRIVAL (not a boarding) time at 45 days when check in opens not at 30.  All the early times will be gone if you wait til then.

2 hours ago, clevercruiser said:

vaccinated: no 

unvaccinated: yes

...explains why you have been hearing yes and no!

Just to add, for unvaccinated, a self-administered test is now OK.  

For the COVID testing, it depends on your vaccine status as far as Royal is concerned, as well as the length of your trip.

For cruises LESS THAN 10 NIGHTS:

Unvaccinated: YES

Vaccinated: NO

I haven't heard anything in regards to B2B cruises or transatlantics, so I can't comment there.

However, it also depends on where you're cruising from or where you're going.  That's determined by the local authorities, as are mask mandates, not Royal.

As far as check-in is concerned, you can usually check in online about 45 days before your cruise.  Once you check in, you'll be able to pick an arrival time, please stick to this as it will help the Port Authority workers tremendously.

13 hours ago, texmex.ferr said:

Everyone on a Transatlantic from Europe requires to have a proctored negative covid test, along with the appropriate vaccinations and booster etc.   

Please check the Healthy Sail Centre details for the port that your sailing from on Royal's website.

Only due to being over 9 days.   Even if leaving the states on a 10 day plus...need testing.  

15 hours ago, poocher said:

Think PP was referring to the misspelling in the title.  And you should be able to select an ARRIVAL (not a boarding) time at 45 days when check in opens not at 30.  All the early times will be gone if you wait til then.

Nope not always as others said on here and not on my 9 Cruises last few Months. Been only able to select Checkin-Arrival at 30days inc B5B I started this wk. Still I would check daily 45-30 in case. Not that matters, 2 Ports and was on the Ship before earliest Arrival time. This week picked 11am, was onboard at 1030. A rare surprise

• Like 1

• Host Carolyn changed the title to Check-In and COVID Testing

Just got off Quantum 10 night Vancouver to Honolulu.  Self test with no proctor is now OK.  Took the test in the hotel room and took a picture.  Wife took her test and the pink negative line was almost invisible so we just took another picture of my test. At checkin they just asked if we were vaccinated and needed to see a negative test picture.  A handfuls or so of passengers wore masks, 99% of the crew no longer wore masks.  Those staying on for the 18 night B2B going on to Australia needed no additional testing of any kind.  Be careful using the vouchers, they will bill you by mistake, we asked for two cans of coke and were billed. Quick trip to guest services and a credit was issued. Vouchers are reloaded at 12 pm exactly. At 11:58 we ordered  two cocktails and were told that was the final 5 ,  getting back to cabin and checking the account on the tv we saw the drinks were starting on the next day, again a trip to GS and they were removed. GS has a timeline for every voucher and saw we had only used 8 and also saw that we were billed at 12:01 am. A little FYI for Costco travel users, we opened the key card envelope and saw we had a Coke sticker on our card and thought it was a mistake. That night the lady sitting next to me in the MDR mentioned that she also had a Coke sticker on her card and went to GS to make sure they were not charged.  At GS they told her it was not a mistake and there was also $50 cabin OBC, a $65 dollar per person spa credit and a specialty dinner for two added from Costco. On her advice we went to GS the next morning and found we also had the extra benefits, we booked in California and she booked in Chicago. There was no notification from Royal or Costco for benefits worth over $500.00.  Might be worth the while to always check with GS as to any added benefits from a TA.  

• Like 1