Snacks, Champagne and Stocks Party

vicky3vicky

If Carnival had this as an event I would most likely attend, and if the minimum ammount of stocks was low enough, I would probably buy. The presenation would have to be awesome and it could potentially help Carnival to survive. I don't think I could afford the 100 stocks neccessary to get cruise credit, not yet, but, as a "Carnival Cheerleader," I think it could really help Carnival. There are those of us who have thought about purchasing some stock, and this might be the little push I need to stop procrastinating. I'm hoping that Carnival will see this and try this out. What do you all think?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would hope Carnival would give out "I'm a new Carnival Cruise shareholder" lanyards, and SELL "I'm a New Carnival Cruise Shareholder," t-shirts for about $12 which would give them a little profit on them. I can't afford 100 shares, but if the minimum was $300 or less, I would definitely buy. 

And for snacks, possibly they could serve simple snacks that are no longer on the menu.

1 hour ago, vicky3vicky said:

If Carnival had this as an event I would most likely attend, and if the minimum ammount of stocks was low enough, I would probably buy. The presenation would have to be awesome and it could potentially help Carnival to survive. I don't think I could afford the 100 stocks neccessary to get cruise credit, not yet, but, as a "Carnival Cheerleader," I think it could really help Carnival. There are those of us who have thought about purchasing some stock, and this might be the little push I need to stop procrastinating. I'm hoping that Carnival will see this and try this out. What do you all think?

Do you know what 100 shares of CCL is today"

• Like 1

I still think it would be a fun way to help carnival out. And they wouldn't have to buy new food. Maybe a dish or 2 left over from the crews cafeteria or an extremely simple and inexpensive treat no longer on the menu that there are supplies for anyway. Or even something  cheap  and easy they could learn to make if they signed up for it in the carnival cooking classes. 

Those not interested could hopefully not gripe and complain, like I see so many seem to be enjoying lately, just don't attend. There wouldn't be room for everyone anyway.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, kona_wahine said:

Stock was in the $6 range recently, and $9.10 tonight at close. At $100 each cruise credit it was totally worth it to me. Hopefully they don’t cut the benefit. 

I just received my stockholder credit for my Jan 2023 cruise.  Yay!!

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

Stock is not debt; it's equity.

And one normally does not buy stock directly from the company; you are usually buying it from other investors in the market.  Carnival could have a new stock offering, but they are going straight to the New York Stock Exchange with it.  They aren't going to sell it 100 shares at a time during a cruise ship "party".

Otherwise I agree with your post. If you want to get tipsy on champagne and make purchases of questionable value, I suggest people go to the art gallery.

Thanks for explaining I can't call my PVP and buy stocks directly from Carnival.

OP said they would buy stocks but not 100 shares if carnival would toss them a party and give them free stuff

having parties/buying said stuff would raise Carnival's debt

• Like 2

Wow you guys were a little rough. I do appreciate that the Op wants to help.

Op I would say the best way to support Carnival right now is to buy their product, book cruise(s) and spend on board. Some great offers can still be found. I would caution however against having a lot of money tied up in bookings right now. Low down payments on cruises more than 6 months out till the picture becomes clearer.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

Thanks for explaining I can't call my PVP and buy stocks directly from Carnival.

OP said they would buy stocks but not 100 shares if carnival would toss them a party and give them free stuff

having parties/buying said stuff would raise Carnival's debt

Agreed, and it would not benefit Carnival in any way whatsoever.  If things like that worked, every publicly traded company would do it.

4 hours ago, kona_wahine said:

Now is the time to invest….

Agree...but not in cruise stocks.  Sure they will likely go up eventually, but there are other much better market leading blue chip companies with solid earnings and revenue that are screaming buys.  Carnival...not so much.  And getting a lousy $100 OBC is not a reason to buy a stock.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I (we) enjoy the Carnival product.  We both hold CCL in our respective IRAs.  We enjoy having the shareholder's credit, no matter if we cruise together or alone (girl's cruise, etc).  CCL is not my best investment by a long shot.  I consider it money spent, not well spent.  I will continue to collect the cruise credit when I cruise, but currently have no expectations of getting it back.

Carnival is trying hard to survive, but appears to be in a very shaky financial position.  I would be very careful investing in CCL at the moment.

As others have pointed out, investing in 100 shares of CCL today does nothing to help Carnival, only purchases equity in the company from another investor who is selling.  

Do your homework.  Know what you are investing in.  Own your results.  Do not invest money you cannot afford to lose.

• Like 1