Riviera currently in dry dock in Marseilles

Robjame

8 hours ago, GerryL13 said:

A couple of weeks ago I put a deposit on a 2025 cruise on Riviera. I'll be looking forward to seeing the new look. Gee, I hope my cabin is not one of the 20 that will be disappearing!

2025? The redesign will be 2 years old by then LOL

14 hours ago, NeedToChill said:

Maybe they're making some cabins into "solo" cabins for singles, like on Vista?

Maybe a good idea, but the makeover is happening now, and there are no cabins like this advertised once the Riviera is back in service. 

1 hour ago, TKS said:

It might be a mis-print, or maybe some dedicated quarantine cabins?

That was my thought, which would be a good idea as covid is here to stay and we need to make changes to live with it. 

5 minutes ago, ChadnKate said:

They are taking about a dozen ocean view cabins and making them singles. No change in sq ft, just in bed size and cruise fare. On the new Vista they are Concierge level solos. 

Where did you get this info?

4 minutes ago, ChadnKate said:

Oceania has had several announcements. Sorry don’t have the link. On their website they list the passenger count for both the Riviera and Marina as 1238. Used to be 1250 

The  announcement I saw said 1210 but did not say what cabins they  were changing to Solo

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/media/2022/OCEANIA+CRUISES+ANNOUNCES+TWO+MORE+BETTER-THAN-NEW+SHIPS+Riviera+and+Marina+to+Undergo+Stem-to-Stern+Re-Inspiration+in+2022+and+2023+Rebuild+Will+Yield+1%2c210+New+Suites+and+Staterooms+and+Transformed+Public+Spaces/

4 minutes ago, ChadnKate said:

Oceania has had several announcements. Sorry don’t have the link. On their website they list the passenger count for both the Riviera and Marina as 1238. Used to be 1250 

https://cruise.blog/2022/04/oceania-announces-new-cabins-solo-travelers  Are you maybe confusing the R ship change with the O ships?  I have never seen any announcement about a change in in the Oceanview cabins for the O ships.  I have a cruise booked on Riviera in an Oceanview cabin next summer.  This is after her refurb and that cabin is not  a solo. 

5 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Not sure about the accuracy of that April 2022 announcement, since the headline says "Rebuild Will Yield 1,210 New Suites and Staterooms" while the first paragraph says "the 1,210-guest ships."  Will all suites and staterooms now be Singles?  🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

Everyone we heard of in Covid jail were quarantined in their own cabin. Maybe a couple cabins held for split couples where one didn’t test positive, but surely not many.

Early on the ships were so worried that they used special quarantine cabins, but I haven't heard of that for months now.  I doubt that they would change the listed capacity of a ship for it anyway.

• Like 1

I don’t think they would change those OV cabins to singles, they are very popular and sell out quickly as doubles. I think the R ships singles are the perfect size, but this would be a bad move for O on the O class ships. 

• Like 2

On 11/15/2022 at 3:03 PM, ChadnKate said:

Something just occurred to me. I was on the Oceania website checking out a 2025 Riviera program the day before they were going to start taking reservations for those cruises. I noticed that at least one selection of inside cabins showed up as sold out. Maybe they are no longer offering those inside cabins for passengers after the redo. 

1 hour ago, GerryL13 said:

Something just occurred to me. I was on the Oceania website checking out a 2025 Riviera program the day before they were going to start taking reservations for those cruises. I noticed that at least one selection of inside cabins showed up as sold out. Maybe they are no longer offering those inside cabins for passengers after the redo. 

I have an inside booked on Riviera after the redo. 

On 11/21/2022 at 1:01 PM, edgee said:

Anxious to hear how folks like the big changes to Riviera. My future cruises are on Marina and am sad that Marina drydock has been postponed from 2023 to an as yet undetermined date in 2024. 

I believe it has actually been moved up a few weeks in 2023. There were posts in another thread about this.

--Julian

11 minutes ago, NeedToChill said:

I believe it has actually been moved up a few weeks in 2023. There were posts in another thread about this.

--Julian

I and several others on this board called Oceania within the last 4 days and all got the same information......an undetermined date in 2024. I do not see another thread with different up to date info. If there is one, please link it for me. Thanks!

7 minutes ago, edgee said:

I and several others on this board called Oceania within the last 4 days and all got the same information......an undetermined date in 2024. I do not see another thread with different up to date info. If there is one, please link it for me. Thanks!

Yes, looks like 2024. What I read was just speculation in this thread:

"Moved up" was the interesting tidbit. But since that post, others have called as you said, got more info, etc.

Edited by NeedToChill

23 minutes ago, the more ports the better said:

We are on Marina June 1-24 2024.  I’m guessing it will be either before or after the summer Europe season.  I’m crossing my fingers for before.

We booked Riveria for a quicky 7 day in Jan to check out new refurb.  I’ll take plenty of picks. 

So am I. I am on 24 day Norway, Greenland, Iceland itinerary leaving July 26. Also concerned they could cancel our cruise to do the refurb.