New menus on Symphony reported

John&LaLa

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Not a fan of Royal's Lasagna 

Would try the linguini and fall back on chicken parm

Was that MDR lasagna because I've never had that? I enjoyed my Giovanni's lasagna.  I thought it was quite flavorful

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Was that MDR lasagna because I've never had that? I enjoyed my Giovanni's lasagna.  I thought it was quite flavorful

In my case it was the MDR.  I do not believe I have ordered lasagna when dining in Givoanni's.  

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 1

Sorry, I’m back!

I skipped MDR the last two nights hence my disappearance. Was just not hungry the other night and nothing on the menu last night jumped at me but as promised I was going to lobster night and here we go!  French Onion soup, shrimp cocktail, lobster and warm chocolate cake. 

The lobster was good, but yeah I definitely would have liked a second. Oh well, enjoyed it anyway! 

76566EED-6E79-4D08-A21B-F4694A2F8509.jpeg

ED6FC512-8A4E-4FBE-BA15-1106859A425C.jpeg

A9008E33-D62C-41A1-B9E8-673CB4FB2EB4.jpeg

B3A6291E-B950-496F-9B1B-518CCD09B09B.jpeg

5F6BDC15-EFE5-45F2-84FB-981FB1DE418C.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

50 minutes ago, garrymorere said:

Sorry, I’m back!

I skipped MDR the last two nights hence my disappearance. Was just not hungry the other night and nothing on the menu last night jumped at me but as promised I was going to lobster night and here we go!  French Onion soup, shrimp cocktail, lobster and warm chocolate cake. 

The lobster was good, but yeah I definitely would have liked a second. Oh well, enjoyed it

I’m glad dinner was good, it certainly looks good. Do you know if they allowed people to order the steak with the lobster tail? I typically did that in the past, hoping it’s still possible.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2022 at 10:04 AM, DaKahuna said:

It is going to be interesting to see if this statement is true. 

"Currently, the test is only being done on Symphony of the Seas and the cruise line "is adamant they will be listening to guest feedback onboard the ship for their opinions," wrote Hochberg, whose blog is not affiliated with Royal Caribbean."

Will Royal really listen to passenger feedback?  Only time will tell. 

That will 100% not listen to any feedback, it will all be based where the most profitability  is when posting a new menu. The Almighty $$ will win out on what the eventually do with the menu's. Makes business sense.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lobster was vey tasty! Was just trying to savor every bite as I knew it was my only one. 

Didn’t see anyone upcharge a second, or order steak or another entree with it. Sorry!  I also wasn’t paying too much attention to others though so not claiming any credibility there! 

Service was good, by no means awful.  No qualms with service at all but jeez I would have still loved that second lobster tail and yes feedback will be provided.  I know the service team is understaffed and overworked and I hope nobody took this negative change out on them. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

That will 100% not listen to any feedback, it will all be based where the most profitability  is when posting a new menu. The Almighty $$ will win out on what the eventually do with the menu's. Makes business sense.

Makes business sense till many start looking at other cruise lines based on food changes and lack of choice. Long run they are shooting themselves in the foot.

10 hours ago, poocher said:

Lasagna al Forno which apparently means strips of pasta, ground meat and no discernible tomato sauce or ricotta cheese.  Nothing like any lasagna I’ve ever made.  Hubby took a couple bites & ordered extra appetizers. 

I recall a strange white sauce

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I disagree, go figure.

7 hours ago, CanHardlyWait4NextYear said:

Makes business sense till many start looking at other cruise lines based on food changes and lack of choice. Long run they are shooting themselves in the foot.

I think they will tweak it a little before going on to other ships

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CanHardlyWait4NextYear said:

Just establishing a niche. They are a main line product. 

On 11/15/2022 at 1:32 PM, Tatka said:

We have not noticed any speed issues by the way.

Royal might have.   This might be about churning the tables faster so that they can fit in more MTD diners between early and late dining.   

I also don't buy that they can't hire enough people.  They hire internationally.   It isn't that people disappeared.    If we let Royal get away with lesser_than, they will get the message that is sufficient for the customers and that will be the new normal.  

I would love to see any specific survey they may provide to the test passengers. I am skeptical that they can get any definitive answers from enough passengers to make a decision without testing it for several weeks. Some folks have never cruised before and have nothing to compare it to. Some go to the MDR a few nights out of the week, some don't go at all. 

IMHO, it is about speed and $$ and less about any survey response. After all, they are clearly doing this to enhance the guest experience. They appear to have forgotten how to handle My Time dining and are probably getting a ton of complaints. 

Some version of the revised menus will be fleet-wide in the not-to-distant future.

mac_tlc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

Royal might have.   This might be about churning the tables faster so that they can fit in more MTD diners between early and late dining.   

I also don't buy that they can't hire enough people.  They hire internationally.   It isn't that people disappeared.    If we let Royal get away with lesser_than, they will get the message that is sufficient for the customers and that will be the new normal.  

Over my last 4 cruises the big problem that i noticed was with MTD.  Traditional and early seating there were plenty of empty tables.  By reducing the menus selection IMHO will have no impact on the quality of service or food. 

On 11/14/2022 at 9:16 PM, garrymorere said:

Night 3. I gotta say the shrimp pasta was very good, I think that’s new. Also had the chocolate custard, sorry photo came out super blurry, nothing special but nothing terrible either. 

4FA117B1-BAB8-4339-BAA4-942EC8C411F5.jpeg

536C3CE7-BD4B-478F-AD55-BCD1D0C414C9.jpeg

00EBA10C-4BA5-4412-92A8-8FFF071E2A46.jpeg

D67EF55D-0C41-4EE4-BF28-974265075A9F.jpeg

I bet their Pasta Dish wasn't as good as the Shrimp Fra Diavolo I made myself last night.

Shrimp Fra Diavolo.jpg

4 hours ago, nelblu said:

White sauce?  Are you sure it wasn't some pasta Alfredo.

On the menu it says bechamel, but on Jewel last month it was missing, I pointed that out to our waiter and he brought me some. Lasagne was good to me, the meat was shredded, not hamburger-like. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1