First Responders & Medical Professionals Offer

Astro Flyer

I never received the email but did call in, as did my neighbor and got the discounted rate by calling our CVP.  We were told that the rates weren't loaded into the system for all those that were verified.  

Either way, the IT department seemed to drop the ball on this.  

• Like 1

I just compared the first responder discount to the new sale…the prices are exactly the same.  Prior to this current sale the first responder price was lower.  Last year when they had the first responder discount the price went lower when the sale began.  Much better deal last year.  The lower price came out after I made final payment.  I used live chat and was refunded back the difference.  There also was no single supplement.

I realize Princess must turn a profit but don’t make something seem exclusive when it most definitely is not.

Doubt anyone else will ever see the e-mail.  

So disappointing.  

I had a cruise I was going to book.  But now I'll take a pass because trying to get work to approve vacay isn't worth the hassle.

Princess offered Healthcare workers a discount that never panned out.   They should be ashamed.  

• Like 1

My fantastic princess CVP rebooked my cruise with the first responder since I was verified. I went from an inside to a balcony and received $133 back. I’m happy. It’s the March 2nd cruise on the Royal to Mexico.

We have Hawaii booked for 2024. Hoping this offer will be available in 2024.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, iamaqt2 said:

Doubt anyone else will ever see the e-mail.  

So disappointing.  

I had a cruise I was going to book.  But now I'll take a pass because trying to get work to approve vacay isn't worth the hassle.

Princess offered Healthcare workers a discount that never panned out.   They should be ashamed.  

agree

They did it last year without a hitch...wonder what is happening now?

45 minutes ago, suzyed said:

agree

They did it last year without a hitch...wonder what is happening now?

It would be nice if they would at least send out an email acknowledging the trouble/difficulty/screw up whatever they want to call it.  If they aren't going to honor it, maybe they could replace it with something else, a FCC or OBC or at the very least an extension till they figure their **** out.  I'm disappointed to say the least, but I also don't look for a single thing to come from Princess.  ☹️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike&Nancy said:

It would be nice if they would at least send out an email acknowledging the trouble/difficulty/screw up whatever they want to call it.  If they aren't going to honor it, maybe they could replace it with something else, a FCC or OBC or at the very least an extension till they figure their **** out.  I'm disappointed to say the least, but I also don't look for a single thing to come from Princess.  ☹️

It really is ridiculous!  They make us jump though hoops to get verified even though many of us were already verified previously and then just drop the ball on their offer. 
The guy on Princess chat told me the "concern department" is working on it.  What a joke.

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 1

I'm not sure what happened.  I got the offer on 12/5 late in the evening and again with an apology for the delay last week.  Log into your account and pick one of the cruises you want in 2023.  The first responders price may come up automatically.  I think there was a PDF showing which cruises were available.

11 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

I'm not sure what happened.  I got the offer on 12/5 late in the evening and again with an apology for the delay last week.  Log into your account and pick one of the cruises you want in 2023.  The first responders price may come up automatically.  I think there was a PDF showing which cruises were available.

I never saw a PDF and how will I know that the price quoted is the first responders price....which should actually be the "medical professional" price.

Edited by suzyed

10 hours ago, Kay.redmann said:

No email so I gave up. I am very disappointed and wonder why they offered it. I have love Princess but for 2024 I am looking at Royal or Celebrity. I have been told bu coworkers that Royal does a first responder discount, not sure if it’s any good. 

Variety is a good thing.  I have always loved Celebrity but Princess has been very impressive since the return to service.  We’ve also cruised on Royal Caribbean and thought their ships and entertainment were top notch.  Their food, not so much, except in their specialty restaurants.  
No matter what you choose, you are likely to have a great time.  It is rather nice to explore other options.  

On 12/14/2022 at 4:27 PM, jjack413 said:

Good news. I called a CVP. He was able to see the First responders credit attached to my account. He rebooked my Alaska trip and saved 500.00.  

Correction. The more I look at this deal, the CVP applied the Best Sale Ever Deal and not First Responders. Perhaps he thought it was a better deal or just wanted me to go away. Regardless it was a really good deal compared to my initial booking. And no, I never received the Dec 5th email. 

On 12/22/2022 at 10:18 AM, jjack413 said:

Correction. The more I look at this deal, the CVP applied the Best Sale Ever Deal and not First Responders. Perhaps he thought it was a better deal or just wanted me to go away. Regardless it was a really good deal compared to my initial booking. And no, I never received the Dec 5th email. 

Still no email. The military are getting their emails and promotions. Well deserved so no issue. My issue is with Princess and forgetting the First Responders.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I know I'm late to the game, but I was verified but never received any offer.  Just made a new booking which supposedly had a 40% discount for first responders, but I don't think I received that.  I did get $200 OBC, so maybe the numbers are similar once everything is netted out?

Edited by Stockjock