Unlimited dining pkg

1 hour ago, knots4crewzing said:

And is it true that if you want to go to playmakers for lunch and then again for a late nite snack you can’t? 

It was my understanding that you are limited to $20pp per tab at Playmakers. Never heard of any limit on the number of times you can eat there per day. In fact, was told that if you wanted  you could close your tab when you hit the $20 limit and just open a new tab.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Scottee25 said:

It was my understanding that you are limited to $20pp per tab at Playmakers. Never heard of any limit on the number of times you can eat there per day. In fact, was told that if you wanted  you could close your tab when you hit the $20 limit and just open a new tab.

I believe RCL just instituted a new policy for the per diem venues. It is now ONCE per day, no more closing tab and starting new one. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wallyj said:

I believe RCL just instituted a new policy for the per diem venues. It is now ONCE per day, no more closing tab and starting new one. 

Just checked the unlimited dining package for a sailing I currently have booked:

• For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you'll receive a $20 food credit, which can only be used once a day.

So you are correct. Bummer because we loved going to Playmakers on Odyssey but I can't say we ever went there more than once per day to eat. To drink, that's a different story 🙂 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Scottee25 said:

There have been recent reports that that is no longer allowed and now it's limited to $20 per day for ala carte restaurants.  Royal has updated the description: 

image.thumb.png.da96cc31639d73be967b6cc7ac82530f.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rockmom said:

There have been recent reports that that is no longer allowed and now it's limited to $20 per day for ala carte restaurants.  Royal has updated the description: 

I literally posted that 5 minutes before you did.

49 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Here's a work around.

Have one person order the $20 of food on their card and then go later using the other persons card.

That is what we are probably going to have to do.  DH loves Playmakers.  He would eat a hamburger in the afternoon and later go back for wings or onion rings.  Although, they don't like you to share with the dining package either...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, knots4crewzing said:

Oh one more question—— does anyone know if Johnny Rockets 🚀 is included in the unlimited dining pkg? I have heard conflicting accounts. 

TY

Liz😁

This was answered in post#2, yes, Johnny Rockets is included.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, knots4crewzing said:

Hi. Does anyone know if Johnny Rockets is included in the unlimited dining pkg on Oasis? And is it true that if you want to go to playmakers for lunch and then again for a late nite snack you can’t? 

TY

liz😁

Yes it is included.  Also the new rib restaurant is included.  They give you a generous allowance to use at that restaurant.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rockmom said:

Seems to be getting more and more restricted as it goes on. Not for us, we would never get an UDP . The food just isn't that much better then the free food around the ship to be worth what they are charging now. I would assume, the prices for the packages are just going to go up and up even higher anyway.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Seems to be getting more and more restricted as it goes on. Not for us, we would never get an UDP . The food just isn't that much better then the free food around the ship to be worth what they are charging now. I would assume, the prices for the packages are just going to go up and up even higher anyway.

We definitely do not buy it for the food. We love the relaxed atmosphere all week. Zero chaos. Although we have had some great meals in specialty. We get on board and reserve all our dinners and for lunch we just walk in and enjoy late night desserts at playmakers. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Here's a work around.

Have one person order the $20 of food on their card and then go later using the other persons card.

I went to playmakers last night on Symphony and I told the waiter that I understood the rules changed a couple weeks ago and that we're no longer allowed to use our credit more than once per day. I asked him the question about whether or not you could use the credit twice in one day as long as you hadn't reached the $20 daily limit yet and he looked at my like I was crazy.

He said there was no limit to the number of times you can use the credit each day as far as he knows, and that if there have been any changes to that rule, he wasn't aware of it yet and he said it can sometimes take a while before they get notified of changes like that. And he said that as far as he knows, there's no limit and that as long as he's there when I eat, I won't have any problems using the credit as much as I want because that's how he understands it to work. 

We only used exactly $20 last night and we went to bed after that so I never tested it, but it sounds like you can still use the credit all day long on Symphony anyway. 

• Like 2

I have read conflicting things about the $20 per day, and whether it is per restaurant per day, or just per day. It seems like it should be per restaurant per day, in case you wanted Johnny Rockets for lunch and Sushi for dinner or something like that. But without saying "per venue", it seems like it really is just once per day, period.

I was interested in purchasing the UDP for the Allure in Feb but the price per person during black Friday Sale is 225. I wont purchase for that price. 
How much does the UDP normally cost on Oasis class? 

We had UDP on the Odyssey and it was 125pp for a 6 day cruise. 

5 minutes ago, atabs12 said:

I was interested in purchasing the UDP for the Allure in Feb but the price per person during black Friday Sale is 225. I wont purchase for that price. 
How much does the UDP normally cost on Oasis class? 

We had UDP on the Odyssey and it was 125pp for a 6 day cruise. 

Unfortunately that’s about what it is now. I still purchase for the 2 of us to have a quiet, less chaotic meal. We like to stay away from the dining room. We also end up at playmakers at the end of the night for a snack and dessert. 

• Like 1