New 2024 Greenland Cruises

Pyxie

John Heald just announced 3 more Greenland cruises in 2024.

Dates: 05/26/2024, 08/18/2024, 09/08/2024

Sat Baltimore, MD 6:00 PM

Sun "Fun Day" At Sea

Mon "Fun Day" At Sea

Tue "Fun Day" At Sea

Wed "Fun Day" At Sea

Thu "Fun Day" At Sea

Fri Nanortalik, Greenland 7:00 AM 6:00 PM

Sat Qaqortoq, Greenland 7:00 AM 6:00 PM

Sun "Fun Day" At Sea

Mon St. Anthony, NL, Canada 7:00 AM 4:00 PM

Tue Corner Brook, NL, Canada 9:00 AM 5:00 PM

Wed Sydney, NS, Canada 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

Thu "Fun Day" At Sea

Fri "Fun Day" At Sea

Sat Baltimore, MD 10:00 AM

That August date is tempting because our 20th anniversary is August 14, 2024. I'm just not sure about those 5 sea days at the start lol.

Edited by Pyxie
  • Like 1

Just booked for August 18th. We've never booked so far in advance before. Good thing I have two other cruises beforehand to keep me from going crazy. We did Europe on Pride this summer and had a fantastic time. 

I agree though about all the sea days! Five in a row at the beginning. I'll have to get Cheers.

My son's school schedule for 24/25 isn't out yet, but I hope they continue with the post Labor Day start, or we will be canceling.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hard_eight said:

Personal preference, I'm in FL and would prefer to leave from somewhere else. FL, Charleston, Norfolk, heck NYC would be preferable to me rather than Baltimore.

Our homeport is NYC, but we have no problem with sailing from Baltimore, and we have done it many times. Great city to cruise from. If you like the itinerary, go for it! :classic_cool:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jamman54 said:

Our homeport is NYC, but we have no problem with sailing from Baltimore, and we have done it many times. Great city to cruise from. If you like the itinerary, go for it! :classic_cool:

As that's the only port they're leaving from, we're likely going to! Gotta wait on the Ms to get home!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cyntil8ing said:

Just booked for August 18th. We've never booked so far in advance before. Good thing I have two other cruises beforehand to keep me from going crazy. We did Europe on Pride this summer and had a fantastic time. 

I agree though about all the sea days! Five in a row at the beginning. I'll have to get Cheers.

My son's school schedule for 24/25 isn't out yet, but I hope they continue with the post Labor Day start, or we will be canceling.

I have August 18 on hold right now. My kids are homeschooled so the dates don't matter (and they aren't going anyway as this is an anniversary cruise lol) but 2 weeks at the beginning of their school year does concern me anyway. They attend tutorials so they do have certain dates they need to start by.

1 hour ago, pirate4me2 said:

No way! I will finally get to meet the famous Jeff and Patti!!!! Hooray!!!! 

Looking forward to sailing with you as well. We've come close before. If I remember correctly, you were supposed to be on the Sunrise to Bermuda, which turned to Charleston cruise with us. With all the sea days on this cruise, I'm sure we'll be sharing a "few" cocktails with you and your hubby! :classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

Looking forward to sailing with you as well. We've come close before. If I remember correctly, you were supposed to be on the Sunrise to Bermuda, which turned to Charleston cruise with us. With all the sea days on this cruise, I'm sure we'll be sharing a "few" cocktails with you and your hubby! :classic_biggrin:

Yes, we were supposed to be on that cruise, and it would have been hilarious to have a port day in Charleston, a city we visit so often. Then we were supposed to sail on the inaugural Mardi Gras with y’all, but we all know how that turned out. And we just miss each other on the Vista in 2024, although that’s probably a good thing…with my mom and our mutual friend, there’s no telling what the heck is gonna happen that week! 
Yes, I’m sure we will share some drinks together…I’ve already decided to use my milestone OBC to help purchase Cheers for this cruise. With so many sea days, it will be a good investment! 

• Like 1

OMG... why would anyone want to go to Greenland?.  My hubby was stationed there for a year remote in AF and it was horrible... no trees, just ice and snow and dark.  Summers weren't better even though the sun was up.. he hated it and gained 30lbs since there was nothing to do but eat, work, and sleep.

56 minutes ago, ABQrobin said:

OMG... why would anyone want to go to Greenland?.  My hubby was stationed there for a year remote in AF and it was horrible... no trees, just ice and snow and dark.  Summers weren't better even though the sun was up.. he hated it and gained 30lbs since there was nothing to do but eat, work, and sleep.

Well, to be fair, we are visiting for 2 port days, not living there. Most people who have been talk about how beautiful it is.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 12/1/2022 at 11:56 AM, ABQrobin said:

I took a cruise there about 5 years ago and loved it.  to be honest no snow or ice, just beautiful areas, and lovely locals.  Love the fact there was no noise or air pollution.  

On 11/29/2022 at 9:14 AM, Pyxie said:

John Heald just announced 3 more Greenland cruises in 2024.

Dates: 05/26/2024, 08/18/2024, 09/08/2024

Sat Baltimore, MD 6:00 PM

Sun "Fun Day" At Sea

Mon "Fun Day" At Sea

Tue "Fun Day" At Sea

Wed "Fun Day" At Sea

Thu "Fun Day" At Sea

Fri Nanortalik, Greenland 7:00 AM 6:00 PM

Sat Qaqortoq, Greenland 7:00 AM 6:00 PM

Sun "Fun Day" At Sea

Mon St. Anthony, NL, Canada 7:00 AM 4:00 PM

Tue Corner Brook, NL, Canada 9:00 AM 5:00 PM

Wed Sydney, NS, Canada 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

Thu "Fun Day" At Sea

Fri "Fun Day" At Sea

Sat Baltimore, MD 10:00 AM

That August date is tempting because our 20th anniversary is August 14, 2024. I'm just not sure about those 5 sea days at the start lol.

Thanks for posting.  Have wanted to do this cruise for a while but life got in the way and could never fit it in to the schedule.  This time it worked and I just booked the 8/18 cruise!  Again, thanks for the info!

• 3 weeks later...