Milestone cruise coming up Saturday

jordanaire

Our 25th Carnival cruise is coming up on the Magic this Saturday. It has taken 27 years to get to this milestone cruise. Most were taken when we lived in South Carolina and Kentucky. Now we live 15 miles from Port Canaveral, so many more cruises lie ahead for us. We have 25% of our cruise fare placed into our OBC for this cruise this weekend. 

• Like 8

Similar situation.  Will be doing my 26th cruise with Carnival in January.  Went to print my luggage tags and I was pleased to see the word DIAMOND on the tags.  You need 200 points (Cruise days) and I will reach that during the cruise.   

• Like 5

Congrats! We have 22 cruises under our belt with carnival with two cruises already booked for 2023 we will be hitting our mile stone cruise in 2023 as well. So the benefit of the cruise is you get 25% onboard credit of what you paid for the cruise? Oh and the Diamond party? As far as the unlimited laundry I see no value in that, three loads for my wife and three loads for myself on a seven day cruise is more than enough! But we’re looking forward to our milestone as well, just trying to figure out the best bang for the buck! Like a 10 or 14 day.

15 hours ago, jordanaire said:

Our 25th Carnival cruise is coming up on the Magic this Saturday. It has taken 27 years to get to this milestone cruise. Most were taken when we lived in South Carolina and Kentucky. Now we live 15 miles from Port Canaveral, so many more cruises lie ahead for us. We have 25% of our cruise fare placed into our OBC for this cruise this weekend. 

On 11/29/2022 at 7:12 PM, jordanaire said:

Did you have to do something or did they automtically do this for you? I just cruised my 25th over Halloween and have next carnival in January and trying to figure out how the OBC happens

On 11/29/2022 at 8:12 PM, jordanaire said:

Congratulations, I also will be on the Magic with my wife this Saturday, and it is also my 25th, She

had her's two cruises ago, she got to cruise while I worked, lol, hope we have a good cruise.

2 hours ago, mondello said:

@rtrtx2 Pretty sure you have to request it because it is your choice when to use it. The higher your base fare, the more OBC you will get. You can use it on cruise #26 or #27 to give you time to book the right cruise.

Yes. This is exactly what I did.  I reached the 25 milestone on a 5-day $250 inside on Sunshine a few cruises ago.  Next week we are in an ocean suite on Mardi Gras.  

You must call the milestone department ahead by a few days. They wouldn’t do it too far in advance because in case you end up upgrading.  I just called yesterday and she flagged my account.  

• Thanks 1

On 11/30/2022 at 9:13 AM, TORQ said:

Congrats! We have 22 cruises under our belt with carnival with two cruises already booked for 2023 we will be hitting our mile stone cruise in 2023 as well. So the benefit of the cruise is you get 25% onboard credit of what you paid for the cruise? Oh and the Diamond party? As far as the unlimited laundry I see no value in that, three loads for my wife and three loads for myself on a seven day cruise is more than enough! But we’re looking forward to our milestone as well, just trying to figure out the best bang for the buck! Like a 10 or 14 day.

Milestone cruise and Diamond are two different things.  Milestone is your 25th CCL cruise, but Diamond is 200 sea days.  We hit milestone 4 cruises back, but just hit Diamond on our last (29th) cruise.  And an "expensive" cruise (like the 10 or 14 dayers you said) will definitely give you the most benefit as they are usually more expensive than others.

• Like 1

Assuming we make all our scheduled bookings happen, we'll hit 25 on our two week Leewards/Windwards on Conquest in January '24 and likely Diamond later that same year.

We've been fortunate doing both epic Journeys and quickie getaways in retirement these last couple years.  In fact I gotta go pack! 🙂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, audcc77 said:

Yes. This is exactly what I did.  I reached the 25 milestone on a 5-day $250 inside on Sunshine a few cruises ago.  Next week we are in an ocean suite on Mardi Gras.  

You must call the milestone department ahead by a few days. They wouldn’t do it too far in advance because in case you end up upgrading.  I just called yesterday and she flagged my account.  

You cant be within 30 days of the cruise when you request your credit.  Sadly, I'm speaking from recent experience. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, CentralNY1 said:

You cant be within 30 days of the cruise when you request your credit.  Sadly, I'm speaking from recent experience. 

Yep.  Our PVP has mentioned that to us as well.

2 hours ago, CentralNY1 said:

I called and asked for the milestone credit back in September (for my Dec cruise) but they wouldn’t give it to me for my December cruise.  Told me to call back closer to my sail date of December 3.  She said Carnival likes to wait closer to sail date because people make changes on cabins closer to sail date so my OBC amount may change.  

So I called in a few days ago. She said no problem.  I asked what I should do if the milestone credit is not on my account when I arrive on board and she said to talk to guest services.  She said my account should reflect it though.  

I think she’s probably just pushing me off on someone else but who knows.  

Seems like there are usually 3 answers to the same question at Carnival.

We will see.  I’ll report back my experience if I can. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rtrtx2 said:

Is the milestone obc based on 25% of the fare from your milestone cruise or is it 25% of the fare of the cruise you are going to use it on....,?

It's 25% of the base fare of the cruise you want to use it on. 😎

Well

We just came off our milestone cruise (25th) Nov. 27th.

Needless to say, other than receiving the "white" "Milestone" sign and sail card, it meant nothing.

Not one person nor anything else from Carnival said or did anything different.  We are thankful we didn't have any expectations set and made the best of our cruise, as always and had fun.

Yes, we get 25% OBC on our best cruise, but you must do that within 30 days.  So, we'll save that for our 27th cruise as we are back on the Celebration Jan. 8th.

A few more to go for Diamond but they'll change the rules.

2 hours ago, Gari said:

Just checking I hit my milestone cruise on a b2b I took in the summer. Do I need to take my reward on my next sailing? Or will I lose it?

According to Carnival we were allowed to use it on a future booking.  So, we will use ours on our 27th cruise.  We could have used it on the 26th, but 25% off of a low rate for OBC wasn't worth it.  We'll wait for the higher fare cruise.

So, you should be fine.  you can call them to ask too.  That's what we did.