2023 Health Requirements and Protocols

Ipeeinthepools

11 minutes ago, AryMay said:

I have a couple of cruises in early 2023 and checked this morning and was able to input my booking numbers and name and get the protocols for the cruises. 

Thank you it also worked for me.  I have a 21-night connected voyage in January and I was concerned that I might need to get tested prior to boarding.  However, the tool indicates that no testing is required.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I wonder when HAL is going to publish Health Requirements and Protocols for 2023 cruises.  The website only lists protocols for 2022 cruises.

I checked the second leg of my B2B, sailing 7 Jan '23, yesterday and was quite surprised. 9-day Sea of Cortez+Mex.Riviera on 29 Dec has no vaccine nor testing requirements but the 7-day (to three of the same ports) has both! 

I don't know if that might change, or if it is that way because the second leg can also be booked as a Collectors Cruise going on to Hawaii.

The testing can be self-administered (!) so we will just bring our vaccine cards and two extra self-tests. 

15 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

I checked the second leg of my B2B, sailing 7 Jan '23, yesterday and was quite surprised. 9-day Sea of Cortez+Mex.Riviera on 29 Dec has no vaccine nor testing requirements but the 7-day (to three of the same ports) has both! 

I don't know if that might change, or if it is that way because the second leg can also be booked as a Collectors Cruise going on to Hawaii.

The testing can be self-administered (!) so we will just bring our vaccine cards and two extra self-tests. 

Hi.  I’m on the Collectors cruise Jan 7-31 and now see the vaccine and testing requirements.  Have never used Verifly but downloaded it today.  It doesn’t recognize my reservation number.  So I assume I can bring paper copies of required docs?  Wonder why they don’t incorporate this into Navigator app.  Also have to test three days ahead so I guess take a picture of the negative result ?   What a pain, and a farce.  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

Hi.  I’m on the Collectors cruise Jan 7-31 and now see the vaccine and testing requirements.

On a side note, Josie: the roll call for Jan 7-14 is here: (quite a few staying on for HI): 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2838139-january-07-2023-january-14-2023-mexican-riviera-cruise-on-koningsdam/

We don't have a lot of things planned, but will have a M&M on Sailaway Day.

• Like 1

Where exactly on the HAL website do you see the vaccination & testing requirements for a cruise in 2023?  For our cruise in February, I went to "Manage my booking" and don't see any obvious place to find it.  I did not try "Check-in", since I don't want to do that yet, so I guess it might be there

25 minutes ago, Torquer said:

Where exactly on the HAL website do you see the vaccination & testing requirements for a cruise in 2023?  For our cruise in February, I went to "Manage my booking" and don't see any obvious place to find it.  I did not try "Check-in", since I don't want to do that yet, so I guess it might be there

Go to HAL main web page...At the top are two lines about protocols....click on "look up protocols"...you will get a fill in form....fill it in if you want or I just click on the "here" link listed in the top paragraph of that page...it then pops up a list of cruises up thru April 2024...just find yours...then click on the standard or enhanced link to see the requirements...

Edited by triiip42
wrong date, April 2023
  • Like 1

We're also on the January 4 - 25 sailing and I was pleased to finally be able to put in our booking number and not receive "Your itinerary is not available at this time".  It appears - at least for now - that we will not have to pre-test prior to the cruise, but we all know that could change at any time.   Will keep checking back on a regular basis.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, regnig said:

i have 2 cruises booked in March 23 and the HAL site responds with No Testing requirement.  Needless to say that's subject to change but fingers and toes crossed that it does not.

While I can see it happening for longer cruises and possibly those out of the USA the horse is out of the barn now and I can’t see them going back.

• Like 2

On 12/4/2022 at 10:40 AM, crystalspin said:

I'm hoping that only those passengers going on to Hawaii will have to do the testing, not those disembarking on the 14th!  We'll bring some tests anyway.

• Like 1

What countries are the holdouts that cause a sailing to need Enhanced Protocols?  For a while it was Greece, Bermuda, and some Caribbean, but many have eliminated the needs for testing/vaccination.  I see some South America sailings require Enhanced.  I think duration of cruise comes into play, but see some 14 day sailings with Standard pcols.

Edited by Native Floridian 26