Soda stream , can you bring it on board ?

Ex-Airbalancer

• Ex-Airbalancer changed the title to Soda stream , can you bring it on board ?
1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Tried a search couldn’t find anything 

Can you bring a soda stream on the ship ? 
yes, I am a bit bored this morning 😁

I would contact Celebrity direct.  I agree with the above post that the CO2 canister is probably a no go.  I remember reading that you can't bring your own dive tank on board so the canister is most likely the same.

34 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Can't really wash the empty bottles, seems like a lot of work to save a dollar while on vacation

Can't really wash the empty bottles  perhaps they can lug their dishwasher along as well 🤔

• Haha 5

First X cruise is in 2 days and im wondering the rules to bringing on board soda and drinks with you. Like RC and Carnival, I can have 2 bottles of wine in checked bags and can I take on the box of soda? Sorry for being a newb here.

4 minutes ago, rvmckim said:

First X cruise is in 2 days and im wondering the rules to bringing on board soda and drinks with you. Like RC and Carnival, I can have 2 bottles of wine in checked bags and can I take on the box of soda? Sorry for being a newb here.

You allowed  bring 4 bottles of wine , or I guess 4 bottles in each of your luggage bags 😁
you are allowed to bring on cases of water and pop 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

You allowed  bring 4 bottles of wine , or I guess 4 bottles in each of your luggage bags 😁
you are allowed to bring on cases of water and pop 

Thank you, this is only me 2nd cruise ever and 1st with Celebrity so I do not know the rules. My first was with Carnival and they didnt let me bring on bottled water but I did see people walking in with cases of canned soda.

7 minutes ago, rvmckim said:

Thank you, this is only me 2nd cruise ever and 1st with Celebrity so I do not know the rules. My first was with Carnival and they didnt let me bring on bottled water but I did see people walking in with cases of canned soda.

Additionally you can bring sealed cans when returning from a port

15 minutes ago, rvmckim said:

Can I put 2 in the checked bag and 2 in carry-on? And still carry a case of coke cans?

Welcome aboard (to CC). Yes but I agree with @39august. Are you cruising solo? When we use to bring wine onboard we always packed it in our carry-on. No chance of security holding your checked luggage in the naughty room for further inspection once you are notified to go to the naughty room. Then you are responsible to schlep your checked luggage to your stateroom. You will be allowed to also carry your case (or whatever the limit is) of coke onboard. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, rvmckim said:

Can I put 2 in the checked bag and 2 in carry-on? And still carry a case of coke cans?

Like it or not, reality is no one is keeping tabs of alcohol bottles and you'll most likely get it through successfully.  When the rule was officially 1/person, I had 3 bottles in one carry on and got it through.  It was an accident as were had planned on staying up late the night before but were wiped out

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Welcome aboard (to CC). Yes but I agree with @39august. Are you cruising solo? When we use to bring wine onboard we always packed it in our carry-on. No chance of security holding your checked luggage in the naughty room for further inspection once you are notified to go to the naughty room. Then you are responsible to schlep your checked luggage to your stateroom. You will be allowed to also carry your case (or whatever the limit is) of coke onboard. 

Not solo, traveling with my fiancé. So we should both have a checked back and a carryon of some sort. I did take 1 bottle of wine in each checked bag with Carnival earlier this year. This cruise was booked so last minute (2 days ago) and the prices have been a little steep for me so I did not take the all inclusive or the drinks package. Figured, if I'm taking on enough of my own wine then that shouldn't be an issue and can add the drinks package later at a prorated amount if I need it.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SbbquilterUT said:

I love my Soda Stream but since I carry on there is not room - call but I doubt the person at the call center will know.  I have the Non-alcoholic package for coffee and club soda from the bar.

Maybe just bring the flavoring? Since you can get club soda, get that from the bar and pour in a bit of the Sodastream flavoring liquid?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

I bring my Keurig and my Kitchen Aid stand mixer as well. Never know what you'll need. 

Is this a serious question? I can't tell on some of these anymore. 

I won't say anything about you bring them if you don't say anything if I bring this, it will be our secret

Kohler's smart toilet promises a 'fully-immersive experience' - The Verge

1 hour ago, rvmckim said:

Technically the wine is 2 bottles per person over 21 in the cabin and it is supposed to be carried on - NOT in your checked bag. I don't know any lines that allow it in the checked bags.

Will the porters take it? Sure - you could slap a luggage tag on anything and they'd take it for a tip. but any kind of beverage (wine, soda, water) SHOULD be carried on and NOT checked.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Bringing this, it's unpowered so should be able to get it on, just in case I find the lawn clubs grass too tall for my liking 🙃

They are going to nail you for the blades. try the battery powered string weed eater.

• Haha 1