from C&A - Redesigned, New, and Fresh Program Gifts and Onboard Amenities are coming in 2023

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

Exactly this for us.  😉  ^ ^   And Mariner was our first RCI ship as well...when she was brand new and based at PC.   

Though we do have river cruises with other lines coming up....Big ole RCI ships can't seem to do the rivers.  😄 

+1 except that we didn't discover RCL as an option until 2010. Until then we had 20+ cruises on other lines. Went back to those lines for a cruise or two along the way, but the RCL fleet of ships really cemented us on cruising Royal as our go to choice. The loyalty program is a welcome bonus, but we switched to Royal for the cruises not the boozes😇

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, NateUpNorth said:

Hear me out.

Average family takes 1 big vacation a year. 7 or 8 nights.

Diamond is 80 nights.

The "loyalty" program basically says "give us 10 years of your vacation time and then we'll toss a few drinks your way"

If that IS the enticement to stay loyal to royal.... it's garbage. Good luck to them. And this is from a fan of RCL.

No offense but if you're already Diamond, Diamond+, Pinnacle.... you're likely locked in.

The "loyalty" the corporate coffers need is from the lower levels. What in the Gold, Platinum, Emerald categories screams  "don't shop MSC, or CCL or Norwegian" to you?

Yes the ships are full but they need a way to make sure it's not 6000 one and done passengers each sailing.... times how many ships fleetwide?

Maybe a "loyalty" revamp will help.... can't hurt.

Yet the ships sail at 100% plus capacity every week.............

2 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Yet the ships sail at 100% plus capacity every week.............

Ok. I'm getting destroyed in here by the regulars over this.  *shrug*

All I'm saying is that 

A) if it was working so well, why the revamp?
B) if RCL has a loyalty program running they likely are not of the same opinion of many here to "try other lines, we all do it, everyone should do it"..... isn't that the opposite of what a corporation hopes will happen?
C) yes I agree - the ships and entertainment are what draws people in 100% but the loyalty program as it stands, doesn't keep them from looking elsewhere too

Anyway, I'll leave it there. I'm sure there will be more threads about it in the future. It's, what do the corporate's like to call it, an "evergreen program"?

16 minutes ago, orville99 said:

+1 except that we didn't discover RCL as an option until 2010. Until then we had 20+ cruises on other lines. Went back to those lines for a cruise or two along the way, but the RCL fleet of ships really cemented us on cruising Royal as our go to choice. The loyalty program is a welcome bonus, but we switched to Royal for the cruises not the boozes😇

We strayed to HAL....that really changed our minds to go back to RCI.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

Ok. I'm getting destroyed in here by the regulars over this.  *shrug*

All I'm saying is that 

A) if it was working so well, why the revamp?
B) if RCL has a loyalty program running they likely are not of the same opinion of many here to "try other lines, we all do it, everyone should do it"..... isn't that the opposite of what a corporation hopes will happen?
C) yes I agree - the ships and entertainment are what draws people in 100% but the loyalty program as it stands, doesn't keep them from looking elsewhere too

Anyway, I'll leave it there. I'm sure there will be more threads about it in the future. It's, what do the corporate's like to call it, an "evergreen program"?

Things are revamped all the time, that doesn't mean it isn't working; i means that they need to keep things fresh for "the regulars"

I can't think of a single loyalty program that I am a part of that garners 100% blind loyalty from me, I do not believe that is a legitimate purpose of a loyalty program. For me the program is a little reward for me when I return, but won't keep me from cruising another line, or flying another airline, or staying at a different hotel brand on occasion.

Don't feel you are being "destroyed"; that's a terrible feeling to experience anytime let alone during the holidays.  Nothing more here than a spirited discussion amongst mostly complete strangers.

Cruise, live life to the fullest, enjoy your time wherever it may be, and never hold back on your opinion.

Merry Christmas

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Things are revamped all the time, that doesn't mean it isn't working; i means that they need to keep things fresh for "the regulars"

I can't think of a single loyalty program that I am a part of that garners 100% blind loyalty from me, I do not believe that is a legitimate purpose of a loyalty program. For me the program is a little reward for me when I return, but won't keep me from cruising another line, or flying another airline, or staying at a different hotel brand on occasion.

Don't feel you are being :destroyed"; that's a terrible feeling to experience anytime let alone during the holidays.  Nothing more here than a spirited discussion amongst mostly complete strangers.

Cruise, live life to the fullest, enjoy your time wherever it may be, and never hold back on your opinion.

Merry Christmas

Thanks for that.
Your middle paragraph has actually completely added a new perspective for me. Looking at it as a reward, not 100% an incentive approach. I think I now understand better some of the replies I've received. Not too proud to say you've enlightened me with some learning!!! 

"Have a fantastic holidays" to you and everyone else here. This site continues to dispense tips, tricks and valuable information everyday!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Met a D+ couple on Serenade couple of weeks ago.  They were half way to Pinnacle even.  They had no idea about the wine when we talked about it.  I told them to go to the LA on board, which they did, and were elated when we saw them the next day.  The LA put it in their profile, and sent them 2 bottles of wine that day  🙂 

RCI hoping you won't know about it.  😉 

Now that we cannot see our options and make selection online, I suspect awareness of the welcome beverages (for D and above) and the D+/PC amenities has decreased…in addition to the inconvenience

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Met a D+ couple on Serenade couple of weeks ago.  They were half way to Pinnacle even.  They had no idea about the wine when we talked about it.  I told them to go to the LA on board, which they did, and were elated when we saw them the next day.  The LA put it in their profile, and sent them 2 bottles of wine that day  🙂 

RCI hoping you won't know about it.  😉 

It amazes me how many people don't know about the blocks too! 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, island lady said:

We strayed to HAL....that really changed our minds to go back to RCI.  😉 

Haven't done Princess or HAL since Carnival bought them. We wandered back and did 1-2 more on Disney - felt like being in grade school again - go here, do this now, this area is closed now because you need to do exactly what we have planned for you - UGGH, and tried to like Carnival, but we can't drink that much, and we bruise when we fall down.🤪

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Now that we cannot see our options and make selection online, I suspect awareness of the welcome beverages (for D and above) and the D+/PC amenities has decreased…in addition to the inconvenience

I suspect you are right indeed.  😉 

13 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Haven't done Princess or HAL since Carnival bought them. We wandered back and did 1-2 more on Disney - felt like being in grade school again - go here, do this now, this area is closed now because you need to do exactly what we have planned for you - UGGH, and tried to like Carnival, but we can't drink that much, and we bruise when we fall down.🤪

Carnival....isn't that some sort of show with clowns?  🤡

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dada2199cc said:

If Royal had a “Pinnacle” phone number like AA’s Executive Platinum desk, it would endear me to RCCL even more.

Cruiseline front line agents and even TAs are among the worst in travel.  

If you want real and up to date answers...come here to CC.  😉 

• Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 4:07 PM, Merion_Mom said:

It's not a separate email.  It's in the monthly C&A newsletter.  Did you get that?  It's the last thing.

What, there´s a monthly newsletter? That never ever made it to my side of the pond (but the voucher email did) 🤣.

To enhance our experience they closed the Frankfurt office years ago and switched to some sort of call center. To show the appreciation of the DACH market (Germany, Austria, Switzerland) they now move everything to a GSA originating for Malta (and already working as an GSA for Italy). I´m already excited to see how this will enhance my experience ...

BTW over the last years we didn´t even have a phone number to call and let them know what we wanted. So we always ended up with bottles of water... (which was o.k. for us).

steamboats

• Like 1

One post restart perk that seems to have disappeared from the onboard Pin perks is the $25/pp restaurant voucher. We had those on our October cruises but they were missing on our December cruise. We were on Jewel in December, so that may be why they disappeared.

1 hour ago, steamboats said:

What, there´s a monthly newsletter? That never ever made it to my side of the pond (but the voucher email did) 🤣.

To enhance our experience they closed the Frankfurt office years ago and switched to some sort of call center. To show the appreciation of the DACH market (Germany, Austria, Switzerland) they now move everything to a GSA originating for Malta (and already working as an GSA for Italy). I´m already excited to see how this will enhance my experience ...

BTW over the last years we didn´t even have a phone number to call and let them know what we wanted. So we always ended up with bottles of water... (which was o.k. for us).

steamboats

Carmen, our calls now go to Guatemala.  🙂 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, orville99 said:

One post restart perk that seems to have disappeared from the onboard Pin perks is the $25/pp restaurant voucher. We had those on our October cruises but they were missing on our December cruise. We were on Jewel in December, so that may be why they disappeared.

They have ONLY been for ships with Coastal Kitchen, which are Oasis class and Quantum class ships.  They are meant to compensate for cruises when CK is inaccessible to Pinnacles.

1 hour ago, little britain said:

It amazes me how many people don't know about the blocks too! 

I hit an additional Pinnacle milestone so naturally it is number for a block. I asked the LA about it.  She said it was coming that night.  It was never delivered.     We were B2B and asked her again the second week and finally got it the last evening.  

I know they tried to eliminate the block program and wonder of that will be revamped too.  70 points happens quickly for many, especially with double points. 

M

1 hour ago, dada2199cc said:

If Royal had a “Pinnacle” phone number like AA’s Executive Platinum desk, it would endear me to RCCL even more.

Cruiseline front line agents and even TAs are among the worst in travel.  

I agree they need a P number. 

They did have the "9" D+ number ( don't think there was pinnacle when the number was dedicated) but it has been published so everyone calls it.  Frankly, by the time one reaches pinnacle,  they  often  know more info  than the poorly trained phone agents.  Plus, the booking changes are often intricate. 

I once asked for the least expensive balcony on mariner and the agent tells me that would be Central Park and then tells me that that category is sold out.   There is NO central Park on Mariner!   Hung up and called back. 

M

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

They tried to get rid of the blocks.  Many people were upset and they rethought it.

We got ours on our bed this month.  We weren’t given the option to mail. I like them and do display them among my pictures of the grands.  Otherwise I’m not a Knick knack person. 

54 minutes ago, orville99 said:

The perk did NOT disappear.  It is ONLY for ships with a coastal kitchen.  The perk compensates for the CK dinner reservation limitations.  Jewel has NO ck, therefore no need for the compensation benefit.  

M

20 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

They have ONLY been for ships with Coastal Kitchen, which are Oasis class and Quantum class ships.  They are meant to compensate for cruises when CK is inaccessible to Pinnacles.

1 minute ago, cruisegirl1 said:

The perk did NOT disappear.  It is ONLY for ships with a coastal kitchen.  The perk compensates for the CK dinner reservation limitations.  Jewel has NO ck, therefore no need for the compensation benefit.  

M

If either of you had actually read the last line of my post before you pounced, you would have seen that is exactly what I said. BTW, there are numerous threads from earlier this year that reported that perk on non-CK ships.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

No monthly news letter.  Over 350.   I don’t get any sales emails and have asked more then once to be included.  

I don't get a monthly newsletter and did not know that there was one and also and I'm at 425.  However, I do get individual announcements e.g.; recent drink vouchers time changes and D+ exclusion from the CL.  

I do get a ton of notices as my sail gets closer to the embarkation date.