Hotel In Barcelona

tomjn111

Hotel Soho Barcelona or H10 Casanova. Both located on the Gran Via. Walking distance to the Rambla without being right there. It's a major Boulevard so very safe area, convenient to everything. Taxis are plentiful in Barcelona and they even have minivans or hatchback taxis so plenty of room for luggage. Just have hotel call a cab for you in the morning. 

• Like 1

Hotel 1898 on Las Ramblas, nice balconies and not too far a walk from La Boceria (sp?) Market.

We walked all the way to the harbor from the hotel. We wished that we would have stayed more than one night, there is so much to do in Barcelona.

Hope you enjoy your stay in Barcelona, we have visited a couple of times pre cruise and loved it.

A key factor in choosing a hotel in Barcelona in our opinion is to make sure it is on the HOHO bus route. Some of the stops are some distance apart so choosing a hotel near a bus stop can be a good option.

Agree with others that if you want to have entertainment right outside your door Las Ramblas is great. Some hotels make it clear on booking if you have a room with a view or not…others are less specific and you can feel you have payed a lot of money to look at a brick wall for having the Las Ramblas address when you could be just around the corner for a lot less money. General rule is if there isn’t a room upgrade option for a Las Ramblas view then don’t expect one. 

Re safety in Barcelona…Whilst we felt very safe in Barcelona it is known as a pickpocketing hotspot (like many European cities). Keep your valuables to a minimum when walking around. Worthwhile taking two different credit cards on holiday with you and only taking one out with you in Barcelona so if it  is stolen and needs cancelling you still have a second card for your cruise.

Make sure you research the hotspots to visit like La Familia Sagrada. You can save a lot of time by pre booking tours on line. There are lots of smaller quirky attractions in Barcelona like the fire engine museum and the archaeological museum as well as the ‘top’ attractions so worthwhile really reading beyond the ‘Top 5’ attractions and looking for things of real interest to you.

Finally, make time to simply sit in a local bar with a bottle of local wine and a tapas assortment and simply soak in the atmosphere…

Enjoy!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I think we paid a taxi 15 Euros.

I can highly recommend Jazz hotel, which was recommended to me in this forum. Many from our roll call stayed  there.

https://www.hoteljazz.com/es/

How long did it take to get there?  What time of year?  How much per night?  Was it city center?

Edited by NCteacherlovescruising

1 minute ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

How long did it take to get there?

Between 15 and 20 minutes.

I wasn't paying too much attention, since it was 9am, and we knew we'll have to kill time until our room will be ready... And we've been to Barcelona before.

But at the reception, they told us they took note of our early check in request, and should we like to wait about 20 mins, we'll get our room.

I just hate to leave my luggage at hotels...

• Like 2

I have stayed in Barcelona pre and post cruise multiple times.  Accessibility to the port is hardly an issue with any of the central hotels.  A taxi ride is about 15 to 20 minutes away.  Lots of taxi ranks round the city.  There is a shuttle bus that takes longer but would be cheaper.  

my hotel search strategy is to decide what i want to do in the morning pre boarding and look for a hotel nearby, searching on a hotel website.  That gets best prices for the dates.  We can check out of the hotel and get a taxi straight to the port.  I look at reviews and then book.  Once when the girls were with us, we went for a pool.  Good decision as i got a really great bargain in what i think was calledd Fira Park.  I think the name has changed.  We wanted to visit casa batllo in the morning.  We had an early breakfast, caught a nearby metro and were at the door before it opened.  

Other times i have stayed near the train station (we travel there by train), near la Sagrada familia, near to the cathedral , near toMontjuic and bear to Barceloneta.  

Getting breakfast in the hotel is not important, there are usually numerous coffee shops around that outprice a hotel.  Pre cruise we are not interested in a big breakfast either.  We know that lunch will make up for it.  

Barcelona is so easy to get around, anything central and near to a metro stop will seem perfect.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have stayed in different parts of Barcelona and never been unhappy, but we stayed in that area on our last two trips and felt it was a good choice.  

Lots of walking is the best way to go!  I am a big fan of Rick Steves audio tours.  Have done a few on my travels.  You have two on your doorstep.  

https://www.ricksteves.com/watch-read-listen/audio/audio-tours

August will be hot though so get out early or go late afternoon.  Get yourself to the beach in the middle of the day.  

I'm trying Granvia Hotel. It's not swank, but looks quite nice.  I booked 7 or 8 months in advance (refundable price) and the price was right for me.  Now it's more.....

In the past we stayed at Room Mate Ana, a somewhat quirky hotel with a tiny balcony that gave us a glimpse of Casa Batllo.  It was basic but nice and in a great location.  As long as I'm close to Barcelona's great Metro, I'm happy. 

Staying really close to the port hasn't appealed to me. However, there IS a hotel there, expensive, if that's what you want.  It's called Grand Eurostars or something like that. 

• 4 weeks later...