Which Ships Serve Funfetti Cheesecake?

AHS123

Last month we enjoyed the Funfetti cake on the first day of the cruise at the Lido Buffet on Carnival Magic.

When we sailed Carnival Radiance last August we were told by a Sous Chef the Funfetti cake isn't served on that ship.

We sail Carnival Panorama next month and I'm writing to ask if anyone recalls if the Panorama 

serves the Funfetti cake? I know I read here in 2019 the Funfetti is only available on embark day

but I don't know if this is still the case.

I won't get my hopes up unless someone posts good news here for me. Thank you for reading.

Funfetti Cheesecake Cake - RecipeBoy

Edited by AHS123
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

It was there on the first day of our Panorama cruise a few weeks ago. 

YAY! Wonderful news. A slice of the cake and some gelato and I will be in cruise mode. Thank you for sharing, Megan. 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, RenoNanaOz said:

How have I never had this??? Hope they have it on Horizon next month, I'll be looking for it. 🙂 

Horizon and Panorama are sister ships and both serve the excellent gelato so there's a good chance you will see Funfetti cake on your embarkation day. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rs45thompson said:

Celebration did not have it on our Nov 27 cruise.  I was looking forward to it

That's strike two for the Excel Class ships. Now I know the Vista Class ships have it so I know more now than when I started this topic. Thanks to all who shared their recent experiences.  

20 hours ago, Roscoe13 said:

OM Gosh!!  Epiphany time!!  I wonder if the Alchemy could make me a drink called Funfetti Cheesecake?  I am going to go with Yes!!

Oh my! Please report back if they can.....I want to try it on my next cruise if so!!!

25 minutes ago, babygrljaz said:

Vista, Dream & Breeze all had it this past year. Wish it was offered more than on embarkation day only 🫶

It really is good, isn't it? So many of the cheesecake dessert items served in the lido these days have gelatin added so the food cost is reduced by using less cream cheese and using gelatin for body.

The cheesecake used in this cake has not been diluted with gelatin. This cake, and the cheesecake served in the steakhouses, seem to be the only exceptions to the gelatin added desserts so common now on Carnival.

I agree it would be nice to have the Funfetti cake offered more than just the first day. I'll go so far to say it should be included on the dessert menu for an elegant night in the MDR!

Everything's better with sprinkles!  This Funfetti Cheesecake Cake features a layer of cheesecake in between two layers of white cake...and lots of sprinkles!  It's a fun cake for any sort of celebration.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, MsOne said:

I will make sure to look for this. Not really into sweets but the rave reviews in this thread have certainly peaked my interest 😋 ...especially the lack of artificial ingredients lol.

Good for you, before Carnival cruises I had never heard of this recipe. It's a hybrid of traditional birthday cake with one thick layer of cheesecake in the middle.

Edited by AHS123
  • Like 2

Horizon definitely has this Funfetti cake but available only on embarkation day during lunch hours in the Lido Marketplace.  It is delicious and better than chocolate melting cake, in my opinion.  I stop at the cake station first and get two pieces before I decide what I want for lunch and sometimes this cake is my lunch.  I brought a piece back to my stateroom when I sailed in April and enjoyed it in my stateroom later in the evening . I'm sailing on the Sunrise in February, hope they have it available. 

• Like 1