What’s the point in Concierge Class?

Static events

A little bigger room on M class ships, often a better location, a few small amenities, higher rate of earning loyalty points. We find value in these things when the price difference isn’t huge. And Celebrity makes a bit more money off the room. If people are willing to continue to book them, then I’m sure Celebrity will see the value in keeping them. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Static events said:

What’s the point in Concierge Class?   Doesn’t seem worth keeping….

It's a sales tactic mostly, but there are additional benefits versus a lower class stateroom:

-Expanded room service breakfast menu

-Canapes

-Embarkation lunch

-Dedicated concierge

-Bottle of sparkling wine

-Velour bathrobes

-Upgraded bathroom amenities

-Pillow menu

-Priority embark/disembark

-Shoeshine service

-golf umbrella and binoculars

-5 CC points per night

I'm not drawn in by these benefits over a standard balcony, but I'm sure there are those who make better use of them.  Sometimes concierge is priced close to or even lower than regular balconies.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

ahh, yea OK, I guess...

I had the same thought.  I suppose some folks like the level of service but honestly I peeked into one of those, and was not overly impressed.  I guess the peaceful place to gather except if a noisy bunch shows up to drink and laugh too loud.   

I mean for me, I just go on a cruise to see the ocean, visit the ports, and see the shows.  I do not need any special attention.

17 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

ahh, yea OK, I guess...

Its worth keeping if a free upgrade i.e. I've upgraded when the price dropped to same as a balcony plus 5 points per night. If solo on a 10 night cruise that's 100 points. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just got off the Constellation, a sunset view balcony which was $300 less pp than the obstructed view balcony I had originally booked so I had our TA move us.  Both were always included so same perks.  I thought our stateroom attendant had left a card on concierge class benefits in error.  He said no and pointed at the door which had the CC plate.  Odd thing was I'm pretty sure CC class keys are gold, ours were blue.  I'm waiting for the Captain's Club points to be posted, I think we'll get 3 per night, not the CC  class 5.  I wouldn't pay extra for CC, we forgot to have him deliver our bottle of wine and the canapés, or delights as he called them when they were delivered, were OK but the same every three days.

59 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

It's a sales tactic mostly, but there are additional benefits versus a lower class stateroom:

-Expanded room service breakfast menu

-Canapes

-Embarkation lunch

-Dedicated concierge

-Bottle of sparkling wine

-Velour bathrobes

-Upgraded bathroom amenities

-Pillow menu

-Priority embark/disembark

-Shoeshine service

-golf umbrella and binoculars

-5 CC points per night

I'm not drawn in by these benefits over a standard balcony, but I'm sure there are those who make better use of them.  Sometimes concierge is priced close to or even lower than regular balconies.

does sounds better then you consider all the little extras 

9 minutes ago, Static events said:

does sounds better then you consider all the little extras 

I've taken full advantage of all amenities except shoe shine and switch robes for the cotton ones. Velour too hot for Caribbean sailings.  Enjoyed the upgraded pillow and breakfast menu. 

I always booked concierge for the hump balconies on S-class and aft balconies or 6144/5 on M-class.  And the extra points (quest to make it to the next level). Still prefer concierge locations on S-class and will try to book the now SV designated cabins on M-class when I can (or better yet, FV).  I request a cheese plate in lieu of the mystery canapes.  Hope they'll still allow that substitution; will find out next month.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goofysmom99 said:

Hope they'll still allow that substitution; will find out next month.

Can't see why they would turn you down.  I also love embarkation lunch since I travel solo its easier to put my stuff down and not worry about someone moving my personal items like in the buffet. (Its happened before) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Can't see why they would turn you down.  I also love embarkation lunch since I travel solo its easier to put my stuff down and not worry about someone moving my personal items like in the buffet. (Its happened before) 

Baggage is no longer an issue as you can now go direct to your cabin to collect your rooms keys and leave your bags.

Since the restart the lunch has caused issues in Southampton as the times allocated for boarding often resulted in  the lunch being missed. 

Cabin location is subjective and we are very happy with our standard balcony on Deck 7. We upgraded once at a cost of 💲20 for the whole 15 night Transpacific but only to get the points to move us to Elite+. Have never upgraded since.

26 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

We normally drop ours off in our room prior to going to lunch but I know what you mean. 

2 hours ago, Static events said:

I take my original comment back. Celebrity don’t do a very good job of selling it, you have all sold it to me 👍

Concierge is great if you work the benefits to your advantage. Bonus if you need the points to get to the next level. I have no complaints. 

• Like 2

To be clear for the OP--who is already sold on Concierge Class--everyone gets an embarkation lunch. However Concierge Class gets theirs in the Main Dining Room while regular balcony passengers have theirs at the Oceanview Cafe. 

We have yet to be in a Concierge Class cabin since up to now my wife and I have always booked FV for our family of four. Our two kids are now grown and not cruising anymore with us. So I booked our first Concierge Class cabin for our 2025 Transpacific sailing on Solstice because we wanted one of the larger balconies found on the slant location of the hump and the cost difference from a regular balcony was small.

So for that 17 night cruise we will enjoy the 5 Club Points per night instead of the 3 we usually get with the FV. I was surprised to see that Aqua Class also gets 5 per night which seems low for what they are  usually priced at. 

Edited by mahdnc

1 hour ago, D. B. said:

I have done the Concierge cabin and found I never used (or desired) any of the Perks that come with it so I don't bother.

More Food? no thank you and a Golf umbrella? 

Oh there was a golf umbrella? Never noticed.  Agreed the canapés are awful but its nice to come back to some cheese & crackers to enjoy on the balcony. 

• Like 2